What RB will we take?

TheDank

Reaction score
Brooks was a second round guy prior to the ACL tear IMO so hopefully if we do go that route, and it’s what I expect the most, it’s in the third.

Wright is the best back in this class and I’d be happy with him in R2.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
He doesn't stand out to me at all. He had the ACL too, right? I wouldn't take him in the 7th.
Yeah I don't know what i am missing. I don't see a fast twitch, quick guy. The way he runs looks kind of lumbering or clumsy, even though I know he's not slow or unathletic. Might just be me. But I watch the highlights and I don't see Bijan. Maybe a poor, poor man's version.

Gotta be honest, I don't think I like any RBs in this draft.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It would be just like dallas to use a premium pick on a rb who has already tore their acl twice. Lol. Hopefully whichever rb they pick is a a baller.

visionary

Reaction score
I see no reason to use anything but a late third for one; use those comp pics and bundle everything and get a fourth and use that; I want our first three picks to be really important and RB to be blunt is not as important as Tackle, Center, LB or DT.
How stupid does one have to be to think RB is not important even after watching the Ravens success and how Bills and GB beat us LOL

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I see no reason to use anything but a late third for one; use those comp pics and bundle everything and get a fourth and use that; I want our first three picks to be really important and RB to be blunt is not as important as Tackle, Center, LB or DT.
How stupid does one have to be to think RB is not important even after watching the Ravens success and how Bills and GB beat us LOL
Wasn't the Ravens leading rusher their QB? And, didn't their player with the most carries say bye-bye for a whopping 2-year, 6.5mil contract? Sounds like he's easily replaceable, doesn't it. Again, another running QB with the Bills. Allen was their second leading rusher (+500 yards). Both teams relying on QB rushing as being integral to gaining yards on the ground in part due to their dynamic skillsets but also in part to NOT having stud RB's. As for Green Bay, 18th in the league in rushing and their YPC didn't set the world on fire either, but of course they could run on our defenseless defense. But then again, everything they did worked.

Perhaps better examples were available other than the Ravens, the Bills, and GB when trying to heighten the importance of the RB position. I'd suggest citing those three teams strengthens the need to improve other areas and do the prudent thing and not shoot your wad too early by selecting a RB before addressing other pressing needs. Recalling how other teams were able to run the ball against the Cowboys is more an indictment of our horrible run defense than it is the need to be able to run the ball. I mean, James Cook had 16% of his season's total for rushing yards against the Cowboys. If he'd had those numbers for 16 other reg. season games (I know...not possible, but still amusing) the man would have had over 3K yards rushing! JC's just a good RB, not great, and our D isn't just bad against the run, it's terrible.

Point being, yes, a good running back is needed but the guy doesn't have to be the next Tony Dorsett. I'd look no sooner than the third round with my first option being Benson (probably long gone). Plenty of guys like Davis, Guerendo, Corum, and Tracy Jr. could be options that should fill the void just fine.

1942willys

Reaction score
how stupid does one have to be to see who the real Running threat was with the Ravens?