What really concerns me about Dak

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
What really concerns me about him is how most criticism seems to not motivate him or even up his level of play week to week.

There have been lots of bulletin board material some weeks where opponant players say "put it in Daks hands and we have a chance to win".

Dak sees it, accepts challenge, have his annual score drive, blow the rest with sacks and horrible passing, and barely escape defeat.

Recently this season there have also been Cowboys greats criticizing Dak and he still turns in the same level of performances.

Dak just doesnt have it just like aikman said, and imo Jerry should not extend dak. It will be a huge mistake and will bring this fanbase years more or rollercoaster ride football yet again.

We are at the vary end of the season with the playoffs about two weeks away and I am still looking for that motivational factor.

I am willing to go as far as saying a new coach or QB coach wont even help this guy. Some are born to be a QB and some are not.

Mr_437

Reaction score
What really concerns me about him is how most criticism seems to not motivate him or even up his level of play week to week.

There have been lots of bulletin board material some weeks where opponant players say "put it in Daks hands and we have a chance to win".

Dak sees it, accepts challenge, have his annual score drive, blow the rest with sacks and horrible passing, and barely escape defeat.

Recently this season there have also been Cowboys greats criticizing Dak and he still turns in the same level of performances.

Dak just doesnt have it just like aikman said, and imo Jerry should not extend dak. It will be a huge mistake and will bring this fanbase years more or rollercoaster ride football yet again.

We are at the vary end of the season with the playoffs about two weeks away and I am still looking for that motivational factor.

I am willing to go as far as saying a new coach or QB coach wont even help this guy. Some are born to be a QB and some are not.
What your seeing is a passing game trying to live off "Intangibles".

Ppl say if a team needs a coach to get them fired up for games they probably won't make it too far. If your QB needs downtalk to juice him up every week, and he doesn't go out n shred defenses cause that's just what he does...you have a QB problem.

Ken

Reaction score

i believe he won both games opponents slighted him.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You see going like 27/30 for 3 TDs and the game winner in OT as not stepping up or being clutch. You’ve provided your jaded perspective so what else needs to be adjudicated by the court of public opinion?

Yeah you act like that is the weekly norm for Prescott! Thumping your chest over one game. It's sad that's the only ammo you brought to the gun showdown!

Ken

Reaction score
Not by much. If not for the defense Dak walks out of both those games with egg on his face despite being slighted.
I know the first game was Collins running his mouth for the Giants week 2...and I know the numbers don't look great...but he did have big runs in that game and the big TD to Austin. Was the 2nd Commanders game the 2nd?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They changed his motion, he's never been the same since. In his rookie year he made great throws, he was deadly on the short stuff, he was deadly on the run, he had the touch to drop intermediate balls on target just behind the LB's. Now I'm watching him miss on short stuff, why? his mechanics have totally regressed.
I promised I wasn't going to weigh in on Dak till the end of year 3. BUT...
I'd say he's earned a mediocre contract which can be redone in 2 years.
However, we must get a QB coach and a OC who will put him in a system he can flourish in.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Because he's a player and not a fan. Most fans have never played, they don't understand that all that talk is just a show. These guys are men, men dont buy into all that crap. Hit him in the mouth, I guarantee he'll get motivated by that.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
They changed his motion, he's never been the same since. In his rookie year he made great throws, he was deadly on the short stuff, he was deadly on the run, he had the touch to drop intermediate balls on target just behind the LB's. Now I'm watching him miss on short stuff, why? his mechanics have totally regressed.
I promised I wasn't going to weigh in on Dak till the end of year 3. BUT...
I'd say he's earned a mediocre contract which can be redone in 2 years.
However, we must get a QB coach and a OC who will put him in a system he can flourish in.

I believe the Cowboys need to draft a QB with the intent of a serious competition to light a fire under dak.

Besides daks flaws, I believe he is entirely too comfortable.

cern

Reaction score
Because he's a player and not a fan. Most fans have never played, they don't understand that all that talk is just a show. These guys are men, men dont buy into all that crap. Hit him in the mouth, I guarantee he'll get motivated by that.
best way to shut up a critic is to beat him. it's cold in our part of texas after a warm week. great duck hunting this morning.