What should we do with Henson

CowboyChris

Reaction score
it really appears that Romo has solidified himself as an upcoming QB, heck he might unseat Bledsoe at some point this season, i can see a scenario where if Bledsoe was injured and Romo took over and did well, it could be Deja-Vu all over again ala Tom Brady and the Pats. the question is what are we doing with Henson? i say try and package him in a trade and acquire a decent solid vet QB after training camp cuts.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
it really appears that Romo has solidified himself as an upcoming QB, heck he might unseat Bledsoe at some point this season, i can see a scenario where if Bledsoe was injured and Romo took over and did well, it could be Deja-Vu all over again ala Tom Brady and the Pats. the question is what are we doing with Henson? i say try and package him in a trade and acquire a decent solid vet QB.

Well if Romo comes in and replaces Bledsoe and wins 3 out of 4 Super Bowls...Parcells and Jones would have sold their souls to the Devil...And that's OK by me.:D

Henson is the Third until Parcells leaves...Then he'll get a fresh start.

Jones likes Henson and he's not going anywhere for awhile.

yesfan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Keep him.....He's not making much money so he's not hurting us.

I agree.If Romo really comes thru,than Henson can still compete
down the road,and in todays' market,that's not a bad position for
the Boys to be in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
it really appears that Romo has solidified himself as an upcoming QB, heck he might unseat Bledsoe at some point this season, i can see a scenario where if Bledsoe was injured and Romo took over and did well, it could be Deja-Vu all over again ala Tom Brady and the Pats. the question is what are we doing with Henson? i say try and package him in a trade and acquire a decent solid vet QB.

I keep things as is. Bledsoe is the starter, Romo is backup and Henson will be 3rd string QB developmental QB. I don't think the Cowboys intend to alter their plans.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
it really appears that Romo has solidified himself as an upcoming QB, heck he might unseat Bledsoe at some point this season, i can see a scenario where if Bledsoe was injured and Romo took over and did well, it could be Deja-Vu all over again ala Tom Brady and the Pats. the question is what are we doing with Henson? i say try and package him in a trade and acquire a decent solid vet QB after training camp cuts.

we should treat him the very same way ALL TEAMS treat their 3rd string qb or we're just as guilty as the media for making things up, right? : )

wait - we only want the media to be "unbiased" in all dealings. : )

sorry, sarcasm slipping. but the truth is he's 3rd string, leave him alone and why do we have to do ANYTHING with him NOW?

we don't. let it ride and see if romo is #2 and worry from there.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we put him in TO's Hyperbaric chamber?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what should we do with henson? continue to develop him as a 3rd QB. He is behind Romo on the learning curve. I think Henson at some point is going to have to relax, accept that things are what they are. that there is no pressure on him and he needs to take the baby steps and improve much like romo.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is such a huge concern.

What do with do with him? Shouldn't the question be what is he going to do for us?

I don't know about anyone else, but I want this player pushing Tony Romo hard and contending and if he doesn't what's the point? And if he were playing better, he would be. I don't care if there is trepidation about his future. He needs to worry about that.

lspain1

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Can we put him in TO's Hyperbaric chamber?

Brain...that's brilliant!

Parcells wants Henson to relax.....Cowboys put Henson into chamber....

Parcells to Henson..."breathe in....breathe out"

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
3rd QBs are supposed to be developmental players. So with Romo progressing, we're right where we should be.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I don't understand why this is such a huge concern.

What do with do with him? Shouldn't the question be what is he going to do for us?

jfk.gif

"Ask not what you can do for Drew Henson. Ask what Drew Henson can do for you."

Alexander

Reaction score
Chief said:
jfk.gif

"Ask not what you can do for Drew Henson. Ask what Drew Henson can do for you."

Funny, but seriously. When is personal accountability part of the equation?

Never, because he has to "wait until Bill leaves"? That's insane.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Funny, but seriously. When is personal accountability part of the equation?

Never, because he has to "wait until Bill leaves"? That's insane.

You know it just kills me.

People seem to be so infatuated with an unproven player that it appears they will go so far as to blame the coach because the guy is struggling.

They say he needs to help him more, seemingly ignoring that Parcells indeed seems to be talking to him and signed off on bringing him in.

You would think Henson has won the Heisman, NFLE MVP award while also being the son of a great QB.

The guy has done nothing to warrant so much worry IMO.

If they shout he is a developmental player that will take time...than give him time.

I guess maybe we should also blame bill because Henson could not cut it in Baseball.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyChris said:

Acquiring a vet makes no sense. If Romo is as good as everyone THINKS he is, then we have a back-yp. And if by some reason he does become the starter (in peoples fantasy world), then Bledsoe will be that back-up vet. and Henson will be the 3rd string project, who knows the system. Why waste time on another project.

Alexander

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

People seem to be so infatuated with an unproven player that it appears they will go so far as to blame the coach because the guy is struggling.

They say he needs to help him more, seemingly ignoring that Parcells indeed seems to be talking to him and signed off on bringing him in.

You would think Henson has won the Heisman, NFLE MVP award while also being the son of a great QB.

If they shout he is a developmental player that will take time...than give him time.

I do not understand it either. If he doesn't get an opportunity, it rarely is, "he is a player who has challenges and is trying to overcome them". There is always the implication of external causation.

From what I can see, the "hurdles" he has to jump were placed there by his decisions. Not the coaches, nor management.

And if he stumbles, it isn't because the staff decides to raise them higher as he attempts to jump. He just might not be able to jump very high, even though he looked like Renaldo Nehemiah at Michigan.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I guess maybe we should also blame bill because Henson could not cut it in Baseball.
Watch out now!!! Here comes the agenda cliche..............

Alexander

Reaction score
Charles said:
Watch out now!!! Here comes the agenda cliche..............

Don't forget the "hater" label. Always a hit at parties.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
What I would do? Cut him, trade him, send him on a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle, whatever. Just cut our losses now.

What will we do? Keep him for the majority of his contract so Jerruh can save face, then when his contract expires he can say "Well, it just didnt work out, but we gave it our best shot" instead of giving up on him just 3 years and looking like a fool for making the move in the first place.