What should we do with Henson

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:
Watch out now!!! Here comes the agenda cliche..............

From some maybe, from others no.

I think I have been pretty even keel about Henson over the years.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You know it just kills me.

People seem to be so infatuated with an unproven player that it appears they will go so far as to blame the coach because the guy is struggling.

They say he needs to help him more, seemingly ignoring that Parcells indeed seems to be talking to him and signed off on bringing him in.

You would think Henson has won the Heisman, NFLE MVP award while also being the son of a great QB.

The guy has done nothing to warrant so much worry IMO.

If they shout he is a developmental player that will take time...than give him time.

I guess maybe we should also blame bill because Henson could not cut it in Baseball.

Pretty good post, though I believe he has already been given too much time

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
What I would do? Cut him, trade him, send him on a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle, whatever. Just cut our losses now.

What will we do? Keep him for the majority of his contract so Jerruh can save face, then when his contract expires he can say "Well, it just didnt work out, but we gave it our best shot" instead of giving up on him just 3 years and looking like a fool for making the move in the first place.
The Landry Rule doesn't apply to Henson.

He's a special case. He was out of football for 1 million years. We've never had this type of case.

/Sarcasm off

Roger Staubach
Chad Hennings

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
From some maybe, from others no.

I think I have been pretty even keel about Henson over the years.
I think I have too, but I also think it was jaded by my support for a former starting Qb.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Of course it doesnt, because that would destroy the Henson nutbaggers delusions of granduer. ;)
There's still a chance.

I am guilty of those delusions too. I was at 3 of Henson's starts while at Ann Harbor. He was special of the collegiate level.

I was just shocked at the annointing Henson received before he broke wind a Valley Ranch.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Of course it doesnt, because that would destroy the Henson nutbaggers delusions of granduer. ;)

then, you MUST apply the 3 year rule to parcells here now, or you're just being biased and LOOKING for a story against henson.

you'd NEVER do that would you???? and you're not condecensing at ALL to henson supporters, are you???? the hypocracy is in high gear today.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:
The Landry Rule doesn't apply to Henson.

He's a special case. He was out of football for 1 million years. We've never had this type of case.

/Sarcasm off

Roger Staubach
Chad Hennings

Actually I do NOT think the 3 year rule applies to Henson.

He IS a different case and Tuna has, and continues to, say he is a developmental project.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

He IS a different case and Tuna has, and continues to, say he is a developmental project.

it would take him 3 years of "pro" experience just to get close to where he would have been in college had he finished it up.

again as i've said a LOT today - people make comparisons that just don't compare properly/evenly yet they do it anyway.

but if someone ELSE should do it... oh the travesty.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
then, you MUST apply the 3 year rule to parcells here now, or you're just being biased and LOOKING for a story against henson.

you'd NEVER do that would you???? and you're not condecensing at ALL to henson supporters, are you???? the hypocracy is in high gear today.

This is Henson's 3rd year here, a year in which he has been throughly and utterly destroyed in the "competition" for the backup QB spot that everyone and their dog swore he would win, and is in the process of trying to keep his roster spot from being stolen by an undrafted rookie FA.

Forgive me for not anticipating him making huge strides in his 3rd year

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
What should we do?

Keep him on the roster until another player steps up and takes his spot.

I thought for sure Jeff Mrooz would mount a challenge based on his off-season stints with Chris Palmer. I was wrong. Henson held him off easily, but it is interesting that they would bring another QB off the street and give him Henson's practice reps.

Which brings up the question?

What can Parcell possibly see from a QB off the street in training camp that would make a difference in 2006? Nothing IMHO........

It's pretty clear Henson is competing with players off the street in his 3rd training, while Romo (widely considered a lesser prospect) is pushing a proven veteran.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

He better start "developing" pretty quick

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
This is Henson's 3rd year here, a year in which he has been throughly and utterly destroyed in the "competition" for the backup QB spot that everyone and their dog swore he would win, and is in the process of trying to keep his roster spot from being stolen by an undrafted rookie FA.

Forgive me for not anticipating him making huge strides in his 3rd year

sorry - back to stupid comparison time - then why give parcells a free ride into his 4th year w/o a playoff win to show for it and only 1 all-too-quick appearance?

"throughly and utterly destroyed" - heh, and the only the press makes crap up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Charles said:
What should we do?

I thought for sure Jeff Mrooz would mount a challenge based on his off-season stints with Chris Palmer. I was wrong. Henson held him off easily, but it is interesting that they would bring another QB off the street and give him Henson's practice reps.

What can Parcell possibly see from a QB off the street in training camp that would make a difference in 2006? Nothing IMHO........

It's pretty clear Henson is competing with players off the street in his 3rd training, while Romo (widely considered a lesser prospect) is pushing a proven veteran.

Dallas could place Baker on the practice squad if they like what they see and feel he has promise. As far as I know Baker took Henson snaps in one practice session

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
sorry - back to stupid comparison time - then why give parcells a free ride into his 4th year w/o a playoff win to show for it and only 1 all-too-quick appearance?

I'm not giving Parcells any such pass, and cannot speak for those who are, but do not use this arguement against me as it is not true in my case.

"throughly and utterly destroyed" - heh, and the only the press makes crap up.

Henson was never even in the backup discussion from the start of TC. He is so inferior to Romo at this point that it was never even an option. Not to mention the fact that Henson couldnt even crack into a preseason game.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
iceberg said:

Because coaches and players are different things perhaps?

There is not a coach in this league who could have won with what Coach Parcells inherited and yet you knock him because he didn't do it in both 2004 and 2005. And deep down, you know that. Four years might be a year too long, but with impatient people, sometimes one year is too long.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:
What should we do?

Yep keep him on the roster until they find someone they think is better.
By better it could mean a better prospect, a flat out better player OR a better value.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Because coaches and players are different things perhaps?

There is not a coach in this league who could have won with what Coach Parcells inherited and yet you knock him because he didn't do it in both 2004 and 2005. And deep down, you know that. Four years might be a year too long, but with impatient people, sometimes one year is too long.

no No NO Landry did not take longer than three years to make the cowboys one of the best teams ever.

Oh...wait, he did.