News: What TB fans are saying about week 1 game with Dallas

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So funny. I live in tampabay...and nobody is talking about anything . Concentrating on having a good tc/ps.
You found a goofy online forum then act like represents bucs fans?
Oh wait...sorry. it's exactly what we do here. Make assumptions then argue.carry on then.
Well I didnt imply it was "ALL" TB fans everywhere lol.
I stated it was from that particular board, and yeah they are like us, a few fans who like their teams enough to hang
out at a forum, and talk about football and their team.
Forum fans are different from twitter fans, and from casual and seasonal fans.
Forum fans are usually year round fans , and I think more into football than the other types of fans.
I think Forum fans in general are more knowledgeable than most of the other type fans.

The fact they had a thread on this game 1 with cowboys so early, is actually a sign of respect or interest for the
Cowboys. If TB were playing the eagles or Giants I doubt there would be a thread this early.
There might have been one for Wash since they did play them in playoffs, but maybe not.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think last year is PROOF....that Brady inspired the whole team. He will do so again this year...they are working very hard to stay focused.

Your likely right but if Brady regresses to a point where he isn't what he once was, will that still hold true?

Only time will tell. I know he's fanatical about his health regimen and focuses hard on his conditioning. ;)

There are times, however, when any QB is subject to the whims of time and age. It'll happen to them all.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
2019: Cowboys 3, Patriots 13
2015: Patriots 30, Cowboys 6 (13-3 halftime, 20-3 at 3rd qtr end) not close
2011: Cowboys 16, Patriots 20 - Dallas led 16-13 at the start of 4th qtr
NE 5-0 v. DAL with Brady as QB
NE 13 Dallas 9 was the 2019 score.
the main thing here is this was a game dallas def did about as good as you could want, but dallas off could not
score dbl digit lol. Still it was a close game. This was the only time dak has play against brady, so while not good, was
not bad either. I do think dak had the better wr's in that game.
now they both have a more equally matched wr's and OL and maybe RB's too.
So should be more interesting game than the one in 2019......unless it is pouring rain again lol.
And it does rain a lot in TB??

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Your likely right but if Brady regresses to a point where he isn't what he once was, will that still hold true?

Only time will tell. I know he's fanatical about his health regimen and focuses hard on his conditioning. ;)

There are times, however, when any QB is subject to the whims of time and age. It'll happen to them all.
I think Bradys skills have always been more mental than physical, so age will not affect him as much as other qb's.
He still can throw the ball pretty good, so as long as his arm holds up and his mind he can keep playing.
It also helps that he has such a good all round team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Bradys skills have always been more mental than physical, so age will not affect him as much as other qb's.
He still can throw the ball pretty good, so as long as his arm holds up and his mind he can keep playing.
It also helps that he has such a good all round team.

Let's also be aware that what you're contending is exactly what everyone said about Drew Brees. Let's just see about that. ;)

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
These are the same losers whose team had sucked royally for the past 10 years until Brady suddenly showed up.

Randy Gregory, take out Brady early. Mission accomplished. I can't wait to see them crappy Buccs fans whine and curse on social media once our Boys blow them right out of the water.
So you are an advocate of bounty bowl strategy and mentality ?? knock out the opposing qb so you can then win the game?
Just think about that some more .
And fans are not losers, just because their team sucks for 10 years lol. They dont run the team or coach it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I didnt imply it was "ALL" TB fans everywhere lol.
I stated it was from that particular board, and yeah they are like us, a few fans who like their teams enough to hang
out at a forum, and talk about football and their team.
Forum fans are different from twitter fans, and from casual and seasonal fans.
Forum fans are usually year round fans , and I think more into football than the other types of fans.
I think Forum fans in general are more knowledgeable than most of the other type fans.

The fact they had a thread on this game 1 with cowboys so early, is actually a sign of respect or interest for the
Cowboys. If TB were playing the eagles or Giants I doubt there would be a thread this early.
There might have been one for Wash since they did play them in playoffs, but maybe not.
Sorry I was having a bit of fun. I live in the tb area....team, media, and general pop are just focused on tampa Bay and working on good season. Little mention of cowboys specifically....let alone a beat down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you are an advocate of bounty bowl strategy and mentality ?? knock out the opposing qb so you can then win the game?
Just think about that some more .
And fans are not losers, just because their team sucks for 10 years lol. They dont run the team or coach it.
Ab-so-lute-ly!!!

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Win or lose, I think this game will be close… no more than a score between them.
Tampa are definitely favourites, but they’re certainly beatable.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Let's also be aware that the same that you're contending is exactly what everyone said about Drew Brees. Let's see about that. ;)
well brees could still play he chose to retire, probably to enjoy his family more, and was tired of the injurys.
Brees took a beating during his career, way more than brady. I think brady is smarter in that area, avoiding the big hits,
and so many hits.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
well brees could still play he chose to retire, probably to enjoy his family more, and was tired of the injurys.
Brees took a beating during his career, way more than brady. I think brady is smarter in that area, avoiding the big hits,
and so many hits.

He's aging just like they all do, even though he's holding up well, so far. It only takes one hit to change things dramatically. Understand that I'm not wishing that on him but rather, simply speculating upon the possibilities. As you know, the game of pro football guarantees nobody immunity from injuries and the resulting physical decline that ensues. We're talking about a human being here and as such, he's totally vulnerable, like any athlete who plays into his forties. He's far from being indestructible and is quite immobile to boot. We'll see what the future holds for him in due time.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let see, Tampa Bay fans just having seen their team win the SB, playing at home vs a team who failed to make post season and went 6-10 on the season with one of the lowest ranked defense. Yeah I can see why their confident about their chances. Going to be fun to shock them and ruin their SB banner celebration.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Outside of Dallas nobody really fears Dak’s ability on the football field.

It’s about half the Cowboys fan base who thinks he is something he is not while the rest of us live in reality.

He’s solid. That’s about it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have always been my favorite team. But, I personally have always hated for them to be called America's team. All teams are America's team as long as they are in the U.S.A. It makes the franchise look arrogant.

Good point. That's exactly why Tom Landry was vehemently opposed to using that title. Of course, Tex Schramm had other ideas. ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
25 years and counting says that they are not America's team.

Um, well, just try convincing Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen about that.

I doubt they're inclined to change it anytime soon. :rolleyes: (Bad for business!)
They do seem to do quite well in the media and TV market, though!:muttley:

Last edited: