What team will have the guts to draft Sam? What round

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Does it really take bravery from an NFL team to pick him up? I think the bravery would entirely be on his part. NFL teams shouldn't have to worry about whether a player is gay, that shouldn't have anything to do with the job that the player does. However, it's sad that it probably will have some effect. Heck, I don't know much about the guy, but if he's a good player and he'd fit our defense I'd be happy to have him as a Cowboy.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I suspect he wont end up getting drafted or will be drafted extremely late. It is going to be a media circus for whatever team drafts him-- teams are going to shy away.

Fredd

Reaction score
this SHOULDN'T drop his draft status....will it? could be

this SHOULDN'T drop his spot on Dallas' draft board, will it?

Gadfly22

Reaction score
I would hope his orientation would have no effect on what team wants him or what round. That kind of thinking just does a disservice to the team and the fans who want a quality product on the field. And drugs, DUIs, domestic violence -- none of those things necessarily keep players off the field. Being gay is a lot less damaging than any of those things. Plus, teams have to know that the odds are that they already have a gay player or 2 on the team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard he's a mid first rounder. If he's in fact that good, there's no reason for teams to shy away from him. The orientation barrier has to be broken at some point.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
The dude is an All-American and the AP SEC defensive player of the year! He's potentially a game changer on and off the field on a number of issues. This could be massive people!

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a reminder...Please keep politics and religious talk out of this thread as they are not allowed on the board.

Thanks

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Can't wait for the 1st sports athlete to come out and say he is an alien from the planet Zikron. If with evidence and a spaceship, prob won't get 1/99th the attention a persons sexual identinty gets.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Does Dallas really need the media circus that would come with this?

Gay people exist, what a novel idea...

I played rugby with a gay guy on my team, you know what? It didn't impact team chemistry, his performance on the field, or any sport related issue.

Sure there would be stories on it at first, then people would stop caring like everything else.

If he can play and be a stud in the NFL as a pass rusher, then draft the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.