What the franchise has consistently given us

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I enjoy watching a win and talking about team tactics and the roster just as much as the next one. I just don't come on these forums and try to sell people horsesh*t as gold. A win is a win, nothing more. A nice Sunday afternoon recreational activity for us fans. The only win that is more, is the one in February. So I can comprehend that what I'm watching is a lost war despite enjoying the won battles along the way. Doesn't mean I have to celebrate the overall losing culture in this organziation.

Imagine you're trying to achieve a promotion in your company. Now for 27 years you have been told, sometimes 12 times in a year, that you have performed great and delivered your projects in time. Yet when the main project comes in January, you fail year in year out. After how many years would you change something fundamental? I guess you homers just stay with the program until retirement. Others hope that some day this team will change something meaningful even though we know that we don't have a saying in this. But at least we have swalloed the blue pill and see through the rainbow sunshine 'n lollipops nonsense, this GM is trying to sell us. That's not being miserable, that's being realistic.
Red pill, lol. Get it mixed up every time.

I really believe Mike can coach a team to the Superbowl, he has proven it. But it remains to be seen, whether the changes in coaching were just a diversion or really mean something.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
I love the gift baskets on Christmas day when Father Christmas foresakes us.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So I guess my question is. Why do people still love the Cowboys. This is exactly who we have been for the past 30 years. I’m not saying I love it not saying I hate it. I’m saying this is the reality. So ask yourself the question again. Why are you a Cowboys fan?
I'm a Cowboys fan simply out of a sense of tradition, almost a habit if you will.

I grew up watching the Cowboys with my grandfather and my dad on Sundays. My grandfather passed away some years ago and my dad is now in his 80s and has a lot of health problems, I worry he does not have too many more years left.

So I guess I still follow the Cowboys and watch the games and keep up with what they are doing out of a sense of nostalgia, not because I think they are going to actually win anything of importance.

Like you said, the Cowboys are what the Cowboys are over the last 30 years, win the division every once in a while and win a Wildcard game every once and a while, that is about all they are capable of and no matter how many times fans on this board tell me "its going to be different this year".................well, it never is............so we now start year 28 trying to get past the Division round, and I am sure 28 will turn to 29.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dam, I think some of you guys in this thread need to take a break, the insults and name calling is kinda out of bounds.

This is all entertainment fellas and if somebody else has a different opinion than you do, it doesnt mean "you are a winner in life and the other person is miserable"

In fact, when I studied psychology at UT (it was my minor), the fans that show the greatest levels of endorphins (i.e. happiness) from their team winning were often the most depressed about their own lives and were using sports to live vicariously if you will. Conversely, the fans that showed the lowest levels of endorphins when their team won (were the least happy about it) typically were very happy and satisfied in their own life so sports kinda didnt matter that much to them, hence the lower levels of endorphins released.

So when you say a hater is just miserable in their life and a homer has a positive attitude and is happy in life....its actually the opposite.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
O
Obviously you are you are entitled to your opinion, and you make some good points. But here is where we part ways.

The stupidity. And not the those decisions where it's 50/50. I'm talking about those decisions where it is more LIKELY to bust as opposed to boom. BUT...BUT....because we have job security, or because we have a fanbase that will never leave. We are going to do things that would take a minor miracle to come true...BUT...if we do...we could really hit big.

That is not sound football. That is not well thought out planning. That is 2 spoiled brats playing fantasy football with the emotions of lifelong Cowboys fans. I still watch....but I will NEVER forgive the Jonesboys for the stupidity.

rambo2

Reaction score
I enjoy watching a win and talking about team tactics and the roster just as much as the next one. I just don't come on these forums and try to sell people horsesh*t as gold. A win is a win, nothing more. A nice Sunday afternoon recreational activity for us fans. The only win that is more, is the one in February. So I can comprehend that what I'm watching is a lost war despite enjoying the won battles along the way. Doesn't mean I have to celebrate the overall losing culture in this organziation.

Imagine you're trying to achieve a promotion in your company. Now for 27 years you have been told, sometimes 12 times in a year, that you have performed great and delivered your projects in time. Yet when the main project comes in January, you fail year in year out. After how many years would you change something fundamental? I guess you homers just stay with the program until retirement. Others hope that some day this team will change something meaningful even though we know that we don't have a saying in this. But at least we have swalloed the blue pill and see through the rainbow sunshine 'n lollipops nonsense, this GM is trying to sell us. That's not being miserable, that's being realistic.
25 wins in 2 years.

Cmac

Reaction score
Disappointment late in the season and a Fall Guy every year.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dam, I think some of you guys in this thread need to take a break, the insults and name calling is kinda out of bounds.

This is all entertainment fellas and if somebody else has a different opinion than you do, it doesnt mean "you are a winner in life and the other person is miserable"

In fact, when I studied psychology at UT (it was my minor), the fans that show the greatest levels of endorphins (i.e. happiness) from their team winning were often the most depressed about their own lives and were using sports to live vicariously if you will. Conversely, the fans that showed the lowest levels of endorphins when their team won (were the least happy about it) typically were very happy and satisfied in their own life so sports kinda didnt matter that much to them, hence the lower levels of endorphins released.

So when you say a hater is just miserable in their life and a homer has a positive attitude and is happy in life....its actually the opposite.
I’m very content, I lived a good life. I must be an exception to your rule. If I learned anything in life, change is inevitable. And never say never. I enjoyed reading your post.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously you are you are entitled to your opinion, and you make some good points. But here is where we part ways.

The stupidity. And not the those decisions where it's 50/50. I'm talking about those decisions where it is more LIKELY to bust as opposed to boom. BUT...BUT....because we have job security, or because we have a fanbase that will never leave. We are going to do things that would take a minor miracle to come true...BUT...if we do...we could really hit big.

That is not sound football. That is not well thought out planning. That is 2 spoiled brats playing fantasy football with the emotions of lifelong Cowboys fans. I still watch....but I will NEVER forgive the Jonesboys for the stupidity.
It’s actually not my opinion. It’s actually the reality of how this franchise is being run. Nothing personal about it.