What the franchise has consistently given us

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Way to change the goal post from your original thread post. You said Super Bowl teams disappear you didn't say they are repeat Super Bowl champions. But I guess you got to shift because you didn't make any sense at all.
You should’ve asked for clarification. If you didn’t understand something. i’m secure enough in my own body to know it’s OK to say I made a mistake.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This philosophy is how I stay married. Give her just enough to provide the hope that someday I may actually remodel the kitchen.
Married, divorced, remarried, same person. You’re not the only one with issues

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
I'd rather win 1 Superbowl every ten years and be garbage for 5 seasons in between than go almost 30 years without even winning an NFC CG. You play to win the big one, that's it. No one remembers how many division titles you win or byes you get in the playoffs. They remember championships. Period, point blank.

Last edited:

dckid

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
You know I understand your viewpoint, but I would be interested to know how old you are or how long you have followed this team.

I am in my 40's and I started following them in the mid 80's right when they were coming off the SB appearances, championship game appearances. Danny White broken wrist leading to Hogeboom and Pelluer (sp). 85-88 were lean times, the Giants, Skins, even Eagles would constantly beat up on us. Giants, Washington both won two SB's from 85-91, Washington also won in 83, probably the first SB I can remember.
Jerry came in hired Jimmy still the greatest move he ever made. We all know the story 89, 1 win to 90, wins, 91, 11 wins ended Washingtons undefeated season. Aikman to Harper right before halftime. 92 SB... 93 SB, 94 Jerry gets rid of Jimmy, 95 team wins a SB but the dynasty was over.

Jerry through his ego and mismanagement killed this organization. The Cowboys had gone 14 years between SB appearances 78-92... that seemed like forever. I remember friends telling me the 49er's, Washington were Americas team because the Cowboys were so bad in the mid to late 80's and had not won in forever.

Now we have doubled the previous drought.. 1995-2022 , for getting to a SB. We haven't even made it past the divisional round.
This team is embarrassing. Jerry is so dead on winning his way that he will never change. Jerry realized 10 years after firing Jimmy that the key to his success is to be relevant.
He doesn't need to win a SB, or even try to win a SB. He is ok with goin 8-8. He needs the team to be competing for a playoff spot. Get flexed onto Sunday night, make the playoffs every once in a while. This is the first back to back playoff berths since 1998,1999.

The Cowboys have an organization culture issue. I can't even remember the last time Jerry allowed a head coach to pick his offensive coordinator.
Parcells back in 2003. If Jerry hired a competent Head coach and GM, this team would be in a championship game and or SB in 3 years. I give Jerry and company credit for getting the draft right but not much else.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know I understand your viewpoint, but I would be interested to know how old you are or how long you have followed this team.

I am in my 40's and I started following them in the mid 80's right when they were coming off the SB appearances, championship game appearances. Danny White broken wrist leading to Hogeboom and Pelluer (sp). 85-88 were lean times, the Giants, Skins, even Eagles would constantly beat up on us. Giants, Washington both won two SB's from 85-91, Washington also won in 83, probably the first SB I can remember.
Jerry came in hired Jimmy still the greatest move he ever made. We all know the story 89, 1 win to 90, wins, 91, 11 wins ended Washingtons undefeated season. Aikman to Harper right before halftime. 92 SB... 93 SB, 94 Jerry gets rid of Jimmy, 95 team wins a SB but the dynasty was over.

Jerry through his ego and mismanagement killed this organization. The Cowboys had gone 14 years between SB appearances 78-92... that seemed like forever. I remember friends telling me the 49er's, Washington were Americas team because the Cowboys were so bad in the mid to late 80's and had not won in forever.

Now we have doubled the previous drought.. 1995-2022 , for getting to a SB. We haven't even made it past the divisional round.
This team is embarrassing. Jerry is so dead on winning his way that he will never change. Jerry realized 10 years after firing Jimmy that the key to his success is to be relevant.
He doesn't need to win a SB, or even try to win a SB. He is ok with goin 8-8. He needs the team to be competing for a playoff spot. Get flexed onto Sunday night, make the playoffs every once in a while. This is the first back to back playoff berths since 1998,1999.

The Cowboys have an organization culture issue. I can't even remember the last time Jerry allowed a head coach to pick his offensive coordinator.
Parcells back in 2003. If Jerry hired a competent Head coach and GM, this team would be in a championship game and or SB in 3 years. I give Jerry and company credit for getting the draft right but not much else.
Since to my military days overseas, early 70s. All you could get was the Cowboys how could I not love the star and what it represents. I have neuropathy nerve damage I rely on speak in text, most people no this about me sometimes my posts get garbled.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It takes a complete franchise to win a championship. I don’t believe we will win one with Jerry’s culture. He just wants to put out a decent product and always be competitive. But not to do what it takes to fail to become great. You have to get those high draft picks. We’re always in the middle too late at the pack . Result 8/8. Or 8/9, lol. You’re 100% in your evaluation, and that’s all I was trying to say. It’s not that I like it or dislike it, it is what it is, and you have to choose if you can live with it or not. Not you, but you know what I mean. But you know how it goes here, there’s no middle ground for a lot of fence. Sometimes they get tunnel vision and only can see one way.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd rather win 1 Superbowl every ten years and be garbage for 5 seasons in between than go almost 30 years without even winning an NFC CG. You play to win the big one, that's it. No one remembers how many division titles you win or byes you get in the playoffs. They remember championships. Period, point blank.
That’s an honest opinion. but unfortunately, we have nothing to do with it. Look at Buffalo for Super Bowls in a row but who cares. You’re absolutely correct.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
they have given you crap and you will like it and come back again next year and eat it up.

rambo2

Reaction score
Rams were relevant for 6 years, made multiple Super Bowls, won 7 playoff games in that stretch
The Rams didn't make the playoffs and they probably will not make it next year either and may not make it for a long time. They look to be toast.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Rams didn't make the playoffs and they probably will not make it next year either and may not make it for a long time. They look to be toast.
You never know. Seattle and Arizona probably aren’t winning more than 9-10 games next year, so there is an opening for the rams to have a resurgence. Be a little healthier and fix their Oline this offseason and their offense could explode again

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They did more in the last 6 years than the Cowboys have done in 28 years. It seems a fair trade off for a bit of a downturn, if that's indeed the case.

I've seen from your posts that you think the next Cowboys dynasty is about to begin. I'm not quite as optimistic about Jerry's 30-year plan. We'll see.

rambo2

Reaction score
They did more in the last 6 years than the Cowboys have done in 28 years. It seems a fair trade off for a bit of a downturn, if that's indeed the case.

I've seen from your posts that you think the next Cowboys dynasty is about to begin. I'm not quite as optimistic about Jerry's 30-year plan. We'll see.
The Cowboys have done more in their history than the Rams will ever do. Think about that Jake and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Wait…fans like him are keeping the team from winning?
then what are fans like you doing?
Fans are not on the field playing or making team decisions.

I support the team, but I am also not buying any merchandise. Mostly because I don’t want or need anything.
The last 2 items I bought in the past 12 years were a few coffee mugs and hats.
So did I keep them in mediocrity?

So a fan says what is positive to himself, and gets blasted for it, but yet 80% on here talk negative all the time and they claim to be the real fans because they don’t support the team? And they get a bunch of likes from it. :huh:

Yes things need to improve, but it doesn’t mean someone can’t enjoy the ride along the way.
It's very easy. Until they win a Superbowl again it's all crap. Don't know how that's so hard to understand. And as far as the team itself goes it's totally irrelevant, what the fans here think. The team does whatever the team does.

But stop selling us 12-5 seasons as success, when our play off runs are cut short every friggin time. Celebrate your awesome regular seasons all you want, but this team is not "close" to anything worthwhile.

On these message boards we aren't even truly discussing the team anymore when you look behind the curtains. All we're bickering about is our definition of success. Dak, Jerry, the culture... all this **** is just an excuse to fight over one's personal views. So I really don't know what the OP was trying to tell us, but this thread is just further proof, that in the end everyone just wants to be "right".

This wouldn't even stop with a Superbowl win.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's very easy. Until they win a Superbowl again it's all crap. Don't know how that's so hard to understand. And as far as the team itself goes it's totally irrelevant, what the fans here think. The team does whatever the team does.

But stop selling us 12-5 seasons as success, when our play off runs are cut short every friggin time. Celebrate your awesome regular seasons all you want, but this team is not "close" to anything worthwhile.

On these message boards we aren't even truly discussing the team anymore when you look behind the curtains. All we're bickering about is our definition of success. Dak, Jerry, the culture... all this **** is just an excuse to fight over one's personal views. So I really don't know what the OP was trying to tell us, but this thread is just further proof, that in the end everyone just wants to be "right".

This wouldn't even stop with a Superbowl win.
I don't know why you watch if you don't even enjoy the game itself.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I don't know why you watch if you don't even enjoy the game itself.
I enjoy watching a win and talking about team tactics and the roster just as much as the next one. I just don't come on these forums and try to sell people horsesh*t as gold. A win is a win, nothing more. A nice Sunday afternoon recreational activity for us fans. The only win that is more, is the one in February. So I can comprehend that what I'm watching is a lost war despite enjoying the won battles along the way. Doesn't mean I have to celebrate the overall losing culture in this organziation.

Imagine you're trying to achieve a promotion in your company. Now for 27 years you have been told, sometimes 12 times in a year, that you have performed great and delivered your projects in time. Yet when the main project comes in January, you fail year in year out. After how many years would you change something fundamental? I guess you homers just stay with the program until retirement. Others hope that some day this team will change something meaningful even though we know that we don't have a saying in this. But at least we have swalloed the blue pill and see through the rainbow sunshine 'n lollipops nonsense, this GM is trying to sell us. That's not being miserable, that's being realistic.

Last edited: