Twitter: What they're saying about LT Tyler Smith

blueblood70

Reaction score
On that first play...look at Steele motoring down the field!
you mean the jag everyone wrote off after year 1 and now is playing better then LC?? hes not a PB but Hes a Doug FREE type

and all teams need guys with solid skills that give you all they got every play. That makes up for his downside athletically unblessed types.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mr. Peters plays wherever he wants. If he says he is LT then the rook slides over. With all due respect to the impressive rookie, Mr. Peters has played this game at a level you haven't even imagined yet and for most of your life. So ...... he calls the shots. Everyone else gets out a notepad and learns.

All this assumes Mr. Peters is physically ready to resume his All Pro level.
UMM NO he doesn't Tyler will not move..

peters LG or a swing T, no way you put 40yr old player in as progress stopper. glad you aren't a coach or GM..Peters is insurance/depth my guess hes the swing tackle at first..lets him acclimate and if he comes in to play its not the entire season, so he has the energy all year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like I was wrong about this guy not being ready for prime time.
Peters to LG?
Yes only if Farniok and Mcgovern cant handle it..

I'd like to see this,

Tyler-Peters-Farniok-Martin-Steele with Mcgovern swing G If needed Peters is emergency swing tackle and he moves where needed then McGovern slides back in and Biadsz swing g/c

Im starting to see what others are seeing Biadsz gets pushed back more than a starter should he snaps the ball great plays solid most of the game but seems like the weak link at this point..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
UMM NO he doesn't Tyler will not move..

peters LG or a swing T, no way you put 40yr old player in as progress stopper. glad you aren't a coach or GM..Peters is insurance/depth my guess hes the swing tackle at first..lets him acclimate and if he comes in to play its not the entire season, so he has the energy all year.

I don't know how I could say it any clearer. He came here on his own terms. If he says he doesn't want to play G, that's the end of the discussion. If he's ok with it, fine. I like Farniok but I have to believe some combination of Peters & Smith is the best answer you can come up with this year. If he's physically ready & wants to play, he tells me where and I make it happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know how I could say it any clearer. He came here on his own terms. If he says he doesn't want to play G, that's the end of the discussion. If he's ok with it, fine. I like Farniok but I have to believe some combination of Peters & Smith is the best answer you can come up with this year. If he's physically ready & wants to play, he tells me where and I make it happen.
won't read that

Tyler won't be moved....hes our LT of the dutre and its hos spot now. even if he has bad game or 2 , he wont be moved!

his own terms is sitting for 2 weeks on the PS? let's be clear Tyler's not moving ..its a progress stopper, 73 just saw 2 of the top DL and pass rush type ds in the league and past the tests.

now back to reality. Peters will be the swing T or LG..only way hes taking a starting T spot unless one one gets hurt,,no shuffling the line. unless its at LG or C

blueblood70

Reaction score
you are the GM YOU aren't giving him squat, coaches do not shuffle players out of position for no reason...

Tyler and steele are playing well, LG and C only spots that can be in flux. Best 5 is

Tyler-Peters-Farinok-Martin-steele , do that sure

anything else is not smart!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
you are the GM YOU aren't giving him squat, coaches do not shuffle players out of position for no reason...

Tyler and steele are playing well, LG and C only spots that can be in flux. Best 5 is

Tyler-Peters-Farinok-Martin-steele , do that sure

anything else is not smart!

What are you even talking about? The whole plan was for Smith to play G this year to learn. Peters at LT would just be putting Smith back where you intended him to be.

I never said I was against Peters at LG. I said you defer to what Mr. Peters wants. First out of respect and secondly because you have no leverage. He can refuse and simply go home. We need him more than he needs us. Letting a player of his caliber go home isn't very good management. Therefore, your only management duty is to work with him so you can put your best 5 on the field.

Ken

Reaction score
you mean the jag everyone wrote off after year 1 and now is playing better then LC?? hes not a PB but Hes a Doug FREE type

and all teams need guys with solid skills that give you all they got every play. That makes up for his downside athletically unblessed types.
He may actually be a pro bowler someday.

I don't see anything bad in his play...and he is very athletic. He can move, he is strong, and he is technically sound.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What are you even talking about? The whole plan was for Smith to play G this year to learn. Peters at LT would just be putting Smith back where you intended him to be.

I never said I was against Peters at LG. I said you defer to what Mr. Peters wants. First out of respect and secondly because you have no leverage. He can refuse and simply go home. We need him more than he needs us. Letting a player of his caliber go home isn't very good management. Therefore, your only management duty is to work with him so you can put your best 5 on the field.

talented, yes, age umm needs to play less be the swing tackle or G.. sorry Charlie you are wrong. Dudes a PS player for 2 weeks and now hes important to point you mess with 73 progress and hes bene playing well that DUMB management,. ok mac!
Until we were forced to put 73 at LT and now its his plans Change got it. even if Tyrone makes it back no way you move Tyler its now his spot..wake up..who cares what happened over the offseason. This is what i feel will happen. Peters swing Tackle we can get more out of him until and injury happens. if he want to play LG great if not too bad ...got it.. guarantees you will find out in time you are WRONG. they drafted 73 to be the LT of the future and well the future is NOW..
best five

is 73-peters-farinok-martin-steele until i see other proof.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
R J Ochoa doesn't understand how rookie Tyler Smith can be moved from guard to tackle. He says that the Cowboys were totally unprepared even after they also signed Jason Peters for depth. Just to let you know, R J Ochoa is an idiot.

So that rationale can also be applied to more then 3/4’s of the EXPERTS on this forum. Just saying!

Y’all may continue!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I listen to his podcast. His point is that Tyler Smith playing LT this year was not part of the cowboys plan as evidenced by the fact he was at G the entire training camp and preseason. The Cowboys signed Jason Peters b/c they did not know Tyler Smith was going to be this good. The teams plan was to sign Peters so Smith could stay at G............ but that still leaves you without a swing tackle that won't get the get the Qb killed. So, the team was unprepared for a Tyron Smith injury which has been Ochoas point since last spring. The Cowboys just kinda lucked out b/c it appears Tyler Smith is a stud at LT....... they just kinda backed into discovering it.

I'm no fan of this FO, but they literally drafted him to be the LT, not sure that qualifies as backing into it. You have tyron smith currently no rookie was going to bench him if he was not injured.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So that rationale can also be applied to more then 3/4’s of the EXPERTS on this forum. Just saying!

Y’all may continue!
same with not wanting Maher Or last year Anger or a how about Rush isn't even worth roster spot last year they wanted Gilbert and this year Gilbert for a trade for qb, as no one claimed him off the PS so he must suck.. saying Brown shouldn't have made the team over Xplayers? oh it was vasher or smith??.

fans here are exactly the same..said our team had no depth and jerry didn't prepare , how so? we beat the SB runner up short FIVE starters key starters ie Dak, Mcgovern, Tyrone smith, Basham, and Kearse..oh and Gallup, and Washington al missing.

Also FAs weren't good enough well Fowler , Turpin and Barr stepped up, so far Peters on his way. yes no big splash moves.. draftees not bad either

I Have a long memory and that just few dumb things said her the past month alone.