Twitter: What they're saying about LT Tyler Smith

Dallasfann

Reaction score
How long until this board says we fell into this pick? Or is that already happening.

He was projected as a 2nd rounder. Also - I might have fun and go look at all the geniuses on here's responses when we drafted him.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Mr. Peters plays wherever he wants. If he says he is LT then the rook slides over. With all due respect to the impressive rookie, Mr. Peters has played this game at a level you haven't even imagined yet and for most of your life. So ...... he calls the shots. Everyone else gets out a notepad and learns.

All this assumes Mr. Peters is physically ready to resume his All Pro level.
Hey, I would be happy if Peters plays either LT or LG, just want him in the starting lineup.
Think that gives us the best Oline.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hey, I would be happy if Peters plays either LT or LG, just want him in the starting lineup.
Think that gives us the best Oline.

Yep, if he's healthy & ready I can't imagine him not being one of the 5 best. And I say that with all due respect to Farniok or McGovern who have been good.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If anyone wants some good reading material. Pretty fun to read. Same people you'd expect obviously complaining, but fun none the less. Here is the second Tyler was drafted. Enjoy.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-draft-day-one.496162/page-89

Only person in the entire thread with common sense. Me of course.

"Can't wait to look back on this thread in 6 months and see all the morons"

Here I am..6 months later :laugh:

# TROLLSLAYA

Ekspozed

Reaction score
talented, yes, age umm needs to play less be the swing tackle or G.. sorry Charlie you are wrong. Dudes a PS player for 2 weeks and now hes important to point you mess with 73 progress and hes bene playing well that DUMB management,. ok mac!
Until we were forced to put 73 at LT and now its his plans Change got it. even if Tyrone makes it back no way you move Tyler its now his spot..wake up..who cares what happened over the offseason. This is what i feel will happen. Peters swing Tackle we can get more out of him until and injury happens. if he want to play LG great if not too bad ...got it.. guarantees you will find out in time you are WRONG. they drafted 73 to be the LT of the future and well the future is NOW..
best five

is 73-peters-farinok-martin-steele until i see other proof.
Farinok has been the worst lineman 2 weeks in a row. No way more he replaces bia this year.

shabazz

Reaction score
If anyone wants some good reading material. Pretty fun to read. Same people you'd expect obviously complaining, but fun none the less. Here is the second Tyler was drafted. Enjoy.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-draft-day-one.496162/page-89

Only person in the entire thread with common sense. Me of course.

"Can't wait to look back on this thread in 6 months and see all the morons"

Here I am..6 months later :laugh:

# TROLLSLAYA

I’m digging your humility…..

Reactions: BAT

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I’m digging your humility…..

This boards trolls/haters/complainers have gone far past deserving my humility. None of you guys can just let something play out before getting all pissed. I'm over it.

Here is you btw.

"This pick was more stupid than ESPN letting Booger McFarland be their point man on the draft….just barely"

rambo2

Reaction score
I listen to his podcast. His point is that Tyler Smith playing LT this year was not part of the cowboys plan as evidenced by the fact he was at G the entire training camp and preseason. The Cowboys signed Jason Peters b/c they did not know Tyler Smith was going to be this good. The teams plan was to sign Peters so Smith could stay at G............ but that still leaves you without a swing tackle that won't get the get the Qb killed. So, the team was unprepared for a Tyron Smith injury which has been Ochoas point since last spring. The Cowboys just kinda lucked out b/c it appears Tyler Smith is a stud at LT....... they just kinda backed into discovering it.
So far he has ranted in a negative manner about Tyler Smith, Cooper Rush, Noah Brown, and Brett Maher. What is really funny is that he goes on the 30 minute rants where you swear that he has escaped from the mental health hospital.

shabazz

Reaction score
This boards trolls/haters/complainers have gone far past deserving my humility. None of you guys can just let something play out before getting all pissed. I'm over it.

Here is you btw.

"This pick was more stupid than ESPN letting Booger McFarland be their point man on the draft….just barely"

I stand 100% behind the Booger McFarland part….the other part remains to be proven beyond the sample size

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I stand 100% behind the Booger McFarland part….the other part remains to be proven beyond the sample size

I'm fine with that. If Tyler Smith ends up busting out of the league in 2 years by all means call me out. I love it.

However, one thing I like about the pick is it proves that Jerry is actually smarter then 95 % of this board. Which is very amusing to me. A guy everyone here hates being smarter then them at football. So good.

It will always baffle me that people on this board are brave enough to say the Cowboys drafted a horrible pick on draft day. When the Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams in all of football.

Complain about anything you want about this team other then drafting and it's probably justified, but when it comes to drafting you're just a hater if you are willing to throw our picks under the bus before a snap has been made.

I get it, they hate the team and the owner and the draft is 5 months from live contact, so it's another good opportunity to ***** about the team with no repercussions. Well - I'm the repercussion.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm fine with that. If Tyler Smith ends up busting out of the league in 2 years by all means call me out. I love it.

However, one thing I like about the pick is it proves that Jerry is actually smarter then 95 % of this board. Which is very amusing to me. A guy everyone here hates being smarter then them at football. So good.

I hope to hell that you’re right. It’s not the player picked as much as what draft position they used for him. I was expecting him to be had in the high 2nd or 3rd round….. and that’s almost the unanimous scouting reported draft projection by people smarter than us.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice to see a positive thread on the front page for once.
But for how long.:laugh:

RS12

Reaction score

Duke knows more about O Line play than anybody here and his opinions carry a lot of weight. When I look at Tyler I see a player that could probably play well just about anywhere on the O Line but what is his ideal position? To me a dream draft scenario in the spring (besides the obvious franchise QB falling in the lap) would be an elite LT falling in their lap and move Tyler to RT. Zack and Tyler on the right side would probably mean running right at will and high level pass protection at the same time.

RS12

Reaction score
How long until this board says we fell into this pick? Or is that already happening.

He was projected as a 2nd rounder. Also - I might have fun and go look at all the geniuses on here's responses when we drafted him.
Go look in the draft zone, there are plenty of threads.

Jarntt

Reaction score
talented, yes, age umm needs to play less be the swing tackle or G.. sorry Charlie you are wrong. Dudes a PS player for 2 weeks and now hes important to point you mess with 73 progress and hes bene playing well that DUMB management,. ok mac!
Until we were forced to put 73 at LT and now its his plans Change got it. even if Tyrone makes it back no way you move Tyler its now his spot..wake up..who cares what happened over the offseason. This is what i feel will happen. Peters swing Tackle we can get more out of him until and injury happens. if he want to play LG great if not too bad ...got it.. guarantees you will find out in time you are WRONG. they drafted 73 to be the LT of the future and well the future is NOW..
best five

is 73-peters-farinok-martin-steele until i see other proof.
You’re nuts if you think Tyler is playing LT over Tyron if he makes it back 100% this year. The plan was for him to be the LG all along. No one is stopping his progress because he will play. Personally I put Peters at LT and Tyler at LG since he goes there once Tyron is back anyway and more importantly can learn a lot by watching Peters, but I don’t really care how they set them up as long as they get the best 5 out there so on that we agree

blueblood70

Reaction score
You’re nuts if you think Tyler is playing LT over Tyron if he makes it back 100% this year. The plan was for him to be the LG all along. No one is stopping his progress because he will play. Personally I put Peters at LT and Tyler at LG since he goes there once Tyron is back anyway and more importantly can learn a lot by watching Peters, but I don’t really care how they set them up as long as they get the best 5 out there so on that we agree

DISAGREE..............o_O:cool:
Nope, IM not 77 is coming off a big injury won't be back until December or not at all and you are not at that time making change with older player oft inured coming off an injury when you have cohesiveness but that time of the season..sorry this is like romo to dak in 16 , romo never got his job back for the same reasons. Now if for whatever reason 73 is regressed and isnt playing well at all, sure..we will see..

its time for 77 to be a swing tackle or maybe you replace Steele if hes not paying top football. tylers now our LT.

leicafan

Reaction score
Well that's another 10+ years now that we won't need to worry about the LT position, arguably the most important on the line. Amazing first round pick for the second year in a row.
Let's make it 3 in the row. Draft a QB in first round. then I will be really happy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I hope to hell that you’re right. It’s not the player picked as much as what draft position they used for him. I was expecting him to be had in the high 2nd or 3rd round….. and that’s almost the unanimous scouting reported draft projection by people smarter than us.

Further proving that maybe the best evaluator of college prospects works in the Cowboys front office. This isn't the first time they have drafted a player who would go 2-3 rounds higher then their projected.

shabazz

Reaction score
Further proving that maybe the best evaluator of college prospects works in the Cowboys front office. This isn't the first time they have drafted a player who would go 2-3 rounds higher then their projected.

…….providing that the players career merits that first round pick. It’s way to early to know if the pick was justified. That’s why on draft day we usually debate if the player merited the draft position he was selected and if the team fulfilled a need with each pick.

so to summarize, the draft day debates and comments are only based on the players performance at the collegiate level and his physical and mental measurables. Nobody here can final grade a player until we see a proper sample size of games…….then, and only then, can we pound our chests and say “I told you so”

great talk. I enjoy civil debate and conversation