Twitter: What they're saying about LT Tyler Smith

shabazz

Reaction score
Let's make it 3 in the row. Draft a QB in first round. then I will be really happy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

id settle for the top 2 rounds……baby steps for a FO that last selected a Qb in the first round in 1989.

32 years isn’t that long when one considers how many championships and playoff games have been won since the last 1st round quarterback retired.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
…….providing that the players career merits that first round pick. It’s way to early to know if the pick was justified. That’s why on draft day we usually debate if the player merited the draft position he was selected and if the team fulfilled a need with each pick.

so to summarize, the draft day debates and comments are only based on the players performance at the collegiate level and his physical and mental measurables. Nobody here can final grade a player until we see a proper sample size of games…….then, and only then, can we pound our chests and say “I told you so”

great talk. I enjoy civil debate and conversation

I'm fine waiting a couple more seasons before the final grade can come in. However, the same should be said for the draft in April. The only reason any person would completely give up on Tyler Smith in April and piss all over the pick is because it's an easy target. Basically it's something you could complain about and not ever have to worry about being right or wrong about because the results won't be found out years later. I understand in the moment it is easier to lose control of the emotions, as it's happened to me in game threads, but the fact is the Cowboys are a good drafting team. Miss on a few sure, every team does, but all in all I think they have earned the credit to let their 1st round pick play a few games before being compared to, albeit horrible, broadcasting Booger Mcfarland lol.

CB0711

Reaction score
I'm fine with that. If Tyler Smith ends up busting out of the league in 2 years by all means call me out. I love it.

However, one thing I like about the pick is it proves that Jerry is actually smarter then 95 % of this board. Which is very amusing to me. A guy everyone here hates being smarter then them at football. So good.

It will always baffle me that people on this board are brave enough to say the Cowboys drafted a horrible pick on draft day. When the Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams in all of football.

Complain about anything you want about this team other then drafting and it's probably justified, but when it comes to drafting you're just a hater if you are willing to throw our picks under the bus before a snap has been made.

I get it, they hate the team and the owner and the draft is 5 months from live contact, so it's another good opportunity to ***** about the team with no repercussions. Well - I'm the repercussion.
Stephen….is that you?

plymkr

Reaction score
I didn't like the pick very much at the time. But, I'm liking it a lot more. This kid is a player.
Yeah, I didn't like the idea of switching him to LT when Tyron got hurt but I'm glad I was wrong. He's showing up big time. With all the talk of Dak's injury, Parsons dominating, and other other stuff, Tyler has flown under the radar. He's playing well. Not just for a rookie but overall he is playing well. I'm pumped about this kid. We needed this big time. Again, I don't praise this FO that much but they nailed the last 2 first rounders. Like knocked it out of the park. Good job Jerry and company on the Parsons and Tyler picks.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I listen to his podcast. His point is that Tyler Smith playing LT this year was not part of the cowboys plan as evidenced by the fact he was at G the entire training camp and preseason. The Cowboys signed Jason Peters b/c they did not know Tyler Smith was going to be this good. The teams plan was to sign Peters so Smith could stay at G............ but that still leaves you without a swing tackle that won't get the get the Qb killed. So, the team was unprepared for a Tyron Smith injury which has been Ochoas point since last spring. The Cowboys just kinda lucked out b/c it appears Tyler Smith is a stud at LT....... they just kinda backed into discovering it.
LOL. Lucked into it? What a dumb comment. They spent a first round draft pick on him to be the LT of the future. How is that luck? I guess you also think the Parsons pick was also “luck”. Luck is picking Tom Brady in the 6th round and he ending up the greatest QB in the game.