What to do at the trade deadline?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-Run game still remains one of the team's biggest weakness. Is it more the running back or the line in front of him struggling?
-What about adding a difference making receiver or TE? Would that be a progress stopper for some of our younger prospects like Tolbert/Ferguson?
-How about adding another pass rusher? Already struggling giving snaps to our Edge players, are their any interior rushers available?
-Linebacker appears to be a need with Lve down, but they just signed Evans and already have breakout star Bell and Clark.
-How about the secondary? Makes no sense to move Bland back to nickel as he is playing well on the outside, can they upgrade Lewis?

Cross off the likes of Devante Adams and Aaron Donald, they make far too much money. It appears the Titans are trying to get higher compensation for Henry and they probably won't trade him unless they get a good package. Where does that leave the Cowboys?

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m hoping for a star type player because this is when you get them for cheap and when you do that position doesn’t matter as much because they will help you wherever when they are that good. But assuming that won’t happen I’m hoping for a rotational defender or an OL. Don’t see the need for WR or TE unless they are more than a rotation type And I don’t see us spending big at either of those spots. Run down LB, DT, CB even cover safety type can all help.

I still say Jerry mulls over (if doesn’t complete) a splash type move. He’s clearly told Stephen this past year to just write the checks and stop telling him we have no cap space

phildadon86

Reaction score
-Run game still remains one of the team's biggest weakness. Is it more the running back or the line in front of him struggling?
-What about adding a difference making receiver or TE? Would that be a progress stopper for some of our younger prospects like Tolbert/Ferguson?
-How about adding another pass rusher? Already struggling giving snaps to our Edge players, are their any interior rushers available?
-Linebacker appears to be a need with Lve down, but they just signed Evans and already have breakout star Bell and Clark.
-How about the secondary? Makes no sense to move Bland back to nickel as he is playing well on the outside, can they upgrade Lewis?

Cross off the likes of Devante Adams and Aaron Donald, they make far too much money. It appears the Titans are trying to get higher compensation for Henry and they probably won't trade him unless they get a good package. Where does that leave the Cowboys?
It would be odd for them to not trade Henry. FA after this season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
SIT STILL AND WATCH JERRY SAY WE LOVE OUR TEAM THEN SAY WE'RE OPEN FOR BUSINESS

tomokawan

Reaction score
I’m hoping for a star type player because this is when you get them for cheap and when you do that position doesn’t matter as much because they will help you wherever when they are that good. But assuming that won’t happen I’m hoping for a rotational defender or an OL. Don’t see the need for WR or TE unless they are more than a rotation type And I don’t see us spending big at either of those spots. Run down LB, DT, CB even cover safety type can all help.

I still say Jerry mulls over (if doesn’t complete) a splash type move. He’s clearly told Stephen this past year to just write the checks and stop telling him we have no cap space
Hey! Glade to see you here.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be odd for them to not trade Henry. FA after this season.
Probably cant get good value for him and he is more valuable to them over the course of the season than a late round pick would be. Especially if they are going to stick with Levis

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd be looking for CB depth. Lewis IMO is shaky and you're one injury to your top 2 CBs away from a disaster.

Retro88

Reaction score
I don't have my hopes up but something should happen. Some team is gonna dump somebody that could be a help cheaply. Not improving at the deadline shouldn't be an option. Personally, I'd like to see us get another corner and RB if we can get them cheap to protect us from injury.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

My guess is they are going to make calls on particular players they have been interested in. Just to see what the cost would be, and if there is a deal that can be made. Most likely nothing will come of it.

If they are probing the Broncos on Surtain, I expect they call Carolina about Horn too. If they could get him for a 2nd, they might do it. I dont expect Carolina will let him go for that. They will probably call the Broncos on Jeudy as well, but from what Ive seennthe Broncos price is high

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
i kinda hope they dont, i dont think this team is a one or two players from a SB, rather save the picks or at least trade the 2nd since we blow with that one.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Nothing because Jerry already made it public that they like where they are at with the depth and who we got and that they're not going to look at doing anything. He said this during the press conference after last night's game.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
i will give up whatever it is to have surtain... that's the splash player I want - gilmore probably resigns for cheap and you have bland, diggs and surtain now on the roster...the only issue is it would be a rental or we would have to forgoe Dak or Ceedee...IDK how you fit Dak's restructure, Ceedee, Micah and Surtain into the cap...

RB would be a move where a mediocre player can make a big impact - does not need to be henry

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
WR depth should be the priority. They're basically a one-man band at WR.

You're not acquiring anything that's going to improve the running game.

BKBDAD

Reaction score
The Cowboys proved yesterday that they can contend but there is something missing in the running game! 73 yards is not going to get it done against the Eagles, Commanders, etc. The Defense is playing at a high level so if Dak can play like he did yesterday for the rest of the season great, but that's not sustainable if the Boys can't run the ball! Go get Travis Henry, rent him for the remainder of the season because he's on his last year of his contract so why not? The Eagles are bringing in players and we need to keep up!!