What to do at the trade deadline?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
-Run game still remains one of the team's biggest weakness. Is it more the running back or the line in front of him struggling?
-What about adding a difference making receiver or TE? Would that be a progress stopper for some of our younger prospects like Tolbert/Ferguson?
-How about adding another pass rusher? Already struggling giving snaps to our Edge players, are their any interior rushers available?
-Linebacker appears to be a need with Lve down, but they just signed Evans and already have breakout star Bell and Clark.
-How about the secondary? Makes no sense to move Bland back to nickel as he is playing well on the outside, can they upgrade Lewis?

Cross off the likes of Devante Adams and Aaron Donald, they make far too much money. It appears the Titans are trying to get higher compensation for Henry and they probably won't trade him unless they get a good package. Where does that leave the Cowboys?
JJ has to make this team better! If he stands pat, then he's sending the wrong message to his locker room.........................

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Henry fixes absolutely nothing lol

I don't understand what people think he's going to do.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My guess is they are going to make calls on particular players they have been interested in. Just to see what the cost would be, and if there is a deal that can be made. Most likely nothing will come of it.

If they are probing the Broncos on Surtain, I expect they call Carolina about Horn too. If they could get him for a 2nd, they might do it. I dont expect Carolina will let him go for that. They will probably call the Broncos on Jeudy as well, but from what Ive seennthe Broncos price is high
Heard Josey Jewel could be a potential target from the Broncos. Cost to get either Surtain/Horn will be real high as they both have been good and are former top 10 picks.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It has Jimmy Johnson's seal of approval. Said on Herd today it would make Cowboys a complete team. Good enough for me! :thumbup:

John813

Reaction score
Titans have "new" life with the win yesterday and Levis doing well his first game. They aren't out of the wildcard picture yet.
Would be dumb to trade away their best asset for a rookie QB for a pick unless a team absolutely overpays.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
My guess is they are going to make calls on particular players they have been interested in. Just to see what the cost would be, and if there is a deal that can be made. Most likely nothing will come of it.

If they are probing the Broncos on Surtain, I expect they call Carolina about Horn too. If they could get him for a 2nd, they might do it. I dont expect Carolina will let him go for that. They will probably call the Broncos on Jeudy as well, but from what Ive seennthe Broncos price is high
They're not trading draft picks. At least not picks from next year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Heard Josey Jewel could be a potential target from the Broncos. Cost to get either Surtain/Horn will be real high as they both have been good and are former top 10 picks.
Only reason Horn might be had at an attainable cost would be injuries. Last season he played like a #1 CB with potential to be in the top 5. Two stints on IR though

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They're not trading draft picks. At least not picks from next year.
Thats why they probably arent trading. Player for player trades are rare. If they trade any of their players, it will probably be for pics. And when player for player trades happen its usually deep depth guys

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Sit and watch other teams at least make attempts to improve.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Only reason Horn might be had at an attainable cost would be injuries. Last season he played like a #1 CB with potential to be in the top 5. Two stints on IR though
He's been real good when he has played, but their patience could be running out.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
JJ has to make this team better! If he stands pat, then he's sending the wrong message to his locker room.........................
Believe 3 spots make the biggest impact RB, LB, CB

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Damien Harris for a conditional 2025 6th. Conveys as a 6th if he gets 100+ carries, if not becomes a 7th. Bills arent using him, and just brought in Fornette so they may just take the free pick.

Harris is a good goal line back, and solid pass protector who hasnt averaged under 4.0 yards a carry in a season since his rookie year.

Small move, but he would give us a decent between tackles back and upgrade the #2 HB spot behind Pollard

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's been real good when he has played, but their patience could be running out.
My guess if they moved him is that they are selling, and this staff didnt draft him. Dont think it would be smart for them to trade a top 10 pick at a money 5 position who has played well. But stranger things have happened