What to do with Damone Clark?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's another player that overcame the odds medically and was able to play. He could have been higher in the draft years ago, had he not had the medical issue he had. With that said, on the field, he's been nothing exciting. I'd say he's solid at best, which is just my opinion not yours. With all the help that we need at LB, if we fill the depth like we all hope they will, where does this place him. Is he still a starter, or is he going behind a player we drafted high, or a FA picked up. I'd say for now based on what we do, he's good depth. Please give your thoughts and what you're thinking!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He's another player that overcame the odds medically and was able to play. He could have been higher in the draft years ago, had he not had the medical issue he had. With that said, on the field, he's been nothing exciting. I'd say he's solid at best, which is just my opinion not yours. With all the help that we need at LB, if we fill the depth like we all hope they will, where does this place him. Is he still a starter, or is he going behind a player we drafted high, or a FA picked up. I'd say for now based on what we do, he's good depth. Please give your thoughts and what you're thinking!
Backup linebacker. I think Clark and Overshown would be good depth pieces and special teams players.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Sam LBer is his true position.

Weak LBer is Parsons

we need a Down Hill MLB that can get side line to Side line

Sam Williams at WDE

DLAW/ODIGI at SDE

MAZI at DT

SWEAT at DT

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
He is a decent depth peice. We will need as many linebackers as we can get going into next year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sam LBer is his true position.

Weak LBer is Parsons

we need a Down Hill MLB that can get side line to Side line

Sam Williams at WDE

DLAW/ODIGI at SDE

MAZI at DT

SWEAT at DT
who is sweat? Any chance we could get sam to drop into coverage a little at times and play some LB he's quick enough

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I want to see Clark and Overshown competing to be the WLB, next to a real thumper at MLB, behind a couple of monsters at DT. Clark will be much better in that situation.

Playing him at MLB behind below-average DTs and next to an S pretending to be WLB was DC malpractice.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want to see Clark and Overshown competing to be the WLB, next to a real thumper at MLB, behind a couple of monsters at DT. Clark will also be much better in that situation.

Playing him at MLB behind below-average DTs and next to an S pretending to be WLB is DC malpractice.
yeah I agree, none of those guys need to be in the middle, just hope that they work on their agility and play recognition

_sturt_

Reaction score
Dalton Schultz is an example of a similar situation, in that, he took a little while to show he belonged. It's not like these younger guys cost you all that much, either. So, Clark's someone that fits that profile... no need to do anything but wait to see if he develops into something like he was anticipated to become.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do not know why people are so down on Clark ...... he is a weak side linebacker who played out of position because of Quinn's D scheme that involved more safety and corner emphasis.

Lets see how he plays in a new D before we call him average.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he wasn't that impressive, but perhaps he played the wrong role. he is a bit undersized and had trouble reading defenses. seemed always a step late. didn't show strength.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do not know why people are so down on Clark ...... he is a weak side linebacker who played out of position because of Quinn's D scheme that involved more safety and corner emphasis.

Lets see how he plays in a new D before we call him average.
Some just like to hear themselves talk. There's a lot that we fans don't know, at the end, we're just guessing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Clark was projected as an inside/middle linebacker. His question marks was always about his instincts/recognition but he did show improvement in his last season at LSU.

rags747

Reaction score
Has pretty much shown zero, his play has been really bad. I’m fine with keeping him around but if he is starting again than we have failed Bigly!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As others have stated but many seem to miss.
Damon was not playing his natural LB spot.

In the short time he played his natural position he did a good job.

With that said...if a superior player is available during the draft, they should not be overlooked.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Perfect case in point as to why to not get too pumped over YouTube highlights.

He had a damn good one at LSU.

I guess he can play a certain role in a certain scheme, but I can’t say…although it does seem as if we have a handful of guys that are too small to play LB and too slow to play DB.

Also keep in mind they likely aren’t going to be able to replace everyone that probably ought to be replaced in one off-season, even if they actually participate in FA.