What to do with Damone Clark?

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's another player that overcame the odds medically and was able to play. He could have been higher in the draft years ago, had he not had the medical issue he had. With that said, on the field, he's been nothing exciting. I'd say he's solid at best, which is just my opinion not yours. With all the help that we need at LB, if we fill the depth like we all hope they will, where does this place him. Is he still a starter, or is he going behind a player we drafted high, or a FA picked up. I'd say for now based on what we do, he's good depth. Please give your thoughts and what you're thinking!
I think Overshouwn will be a starter. We need a Mike LB that is a thumber. Have to believe we get one in free agency.

However if you are a free agent, why would you go to Dallas with no legit DT to make your job easier?

quickccc

Reaction score
He's another player that overcame the odds medically and was able to play. He could have been higher in the draft years ago, had he not had the medical issue he had. With that said, on the field, he's been nothing exciting. I'd say he's solid at best, which is just my opinion not yours. With all the help that we need at LB, if we fill the depth like we all hope they will, where does this place him. Is he still a starter, or is he going behind a player we drafted high, or a FA picked up. I'd say for now based on what we do, he's good depth. Please give your thoughts and what you're thinking!
Clark is not an highly invested player such as a 1st to 3rd rd pick, .. such as a LVE or Overshown, but more so a low risk/high rewardee player.

a 5th rd draftee who was actually a Butkus finalist at LSU, the neck medical concern lowered his draft stock and the club
picked him late (not early - ala LVE) in the draft.

Luckily he's actually been fairly durable thus far, .. but the problem i believe is Clark is just not that instinctive and
does not have a knack for the big play. He's an athlete, he can run but he's not a big play maker.

He reminds me of Anthony Hitchens is the way that he's a hard effort grunt, but there's just nuthin; special about him
as a player. whether vs run or pass - he's just decent/serviceable.

Frankly i think he's JAG like. He's band-aid starter.. until we can get better.
The aim is to get Warner/Greenlaw like bookends as off ball LBs - Clark ain't happenin' ..

quickccc

Reaction score
who is sweat? Any chance we could get sam to drop into coverage a little at times and play some LB he's quick enough
Sweat ?
is this someone we just pouched off someone's practice squad under the radar ?

:huh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Clark is not an highly invested player such as a 1st to 3rd rd pick, .. such as a LVE or Overshown, but more so a low risk/high rewardee player.

a 5th rd draftee who was actually a Butkus finalist at LSU, the neck medical concern lowered his draft stock and the club
picked him late (not early - ala LVE) in the draft.

Luckily he's actually been fairly durable thus far, .. but the problem i believe is Clark is just not that instinctive and
does not have a knack for the big play. He's an athlete, he can run but he's not a big play maker.

He reminds me of Anthony Hitchens is the way that he's a hard effort grunt, but there's just nuthin; special about him
as a player. whether vs run or pass - he's just decent/serviceable.

Frankly i think he's JAG like. He's band-aid starter.. until we can get better.
The aim is to get Warner/Greenlaw like bookends as off ball LBs - Clark ain't happenin' ..
Pretty sure all of our LB's would significantly improve with a legit DT.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Perfect case in point as to why to not get too pumped over YouTube highlights.

He had a damn good one at LSU.

I guess he can play a certain role in a certain scheme, but I can’t say…although it does seem as if we have a handful of guys that are too small to play LB and too slow to play DB.

Also keep in mind they likely aren’t going to be able to replace everyone that probably ought to be replaced in one off-season, even if they actually participate in FA.
I question people who do this and don't watch ACTUAL games of these players, highlights are there for a reason

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty simple. You bring in starting quality LB’s whether through draft or FA. Allow Clark to still compete. If he ups his game and beats the ones you brought in, great. If not, bench or cut.

Just have the competition don’t just hand him the job.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it’s pretty simple. You bring in starting quality LB’s whether through draft or FA. Allow Clark to still compete. If he ups his game and beats the ones you brought in, great. If not, bench or cut.

Just have the competition don’t just hand him the job.
I wish it was that way for never mind!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
3-4 defense i'd challenge that, BUT does he have the agility needed, YOU probably have more than he does, and that's being really nice!!! :cool:
"Outside Linebackers" in a 3-4 arent actually linebackers. They are basically defensive ends

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another Jerry project player that will amount to very little.
Does anybody remember # 54?
You know the guy who made a tackle 9 yards down field and celebrated like he won the SB?

quickccc

Reaction score
Supposedly Zimmer has not discussed or revealed his role for Parsons yet.

we dunno if he'll be middle LB, ala Brian Urlacher .. or a Von Miller/Hasson Riddick like edge role LB.

I strongly assume Zimm has to meet/team with his newly acquired asst. coaches (ala Gunther, Ellis, McCurry, etc)
for schematic purposes - as well as Micah himself.

And I'm only guess working it will be a rover or role where Parsons is constantly gonna be aimed and targeted going forward
in the opposition's backfield - and at the QB on a very constant basis.

quickccc

Reaction score
Pretty sure all of our LB's would significantly improve with a legit DT.
Hankins was not a legit DT ?

It's always seem like a crutch to put it off on a lone 1 tech,.. a solid one does help but one man can only do
so much.

To some point it's gonna have to the other guys up front,.. to some point it's gonna be the coach scheme
and to other points, we just have to have playmakers at the LB positions. .. not JAGs and band-aid average guys and 205 lb safeties mimicking LBs on a full time basis.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hankins was not a legit DT ?

It's always seem like a crutch to put it off on a lone 1 tech,.. a solid one does help but one man can only do
so much.

To some point it's gonna have to the other guys up front,.. to some point it's gonna be the coach scheme
and to other points, we just have to have playmakers at the LB positions. .. not JAGs and band-aid average guys and 205 lb safeties mimicking LBs on a full time basis.
Need someone who can take on a double team and hold their ground. Supposedly that was Mazi, until we asked him to lose 30 lbs.