What to expect from Moore

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by glimmerman, Apr 12, 2019.

1. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

10,197 Messages
    10,345 Likes Received
    Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.

2. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

5,572 Messages
    7,530 Likes Received
    Our hero in a local Boise, Idaho commercial

3. HomeBiscuit

HomeBiscuit Well-Known Member

218 Messages
    757 Likes Received
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

12,800 Messages
    6,213 Likes Received
    i expect nothing, i hope for a much better offense that allows the players to play to their strengths and have more say during the game.

5. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

12,569 Messages
    9,716 Likes Received
    Some creativity
    Pass more often on early downs
    Run different plays out of same formations
    We could sit at home and predict run or pass last year
    It doesn’t have to be a so called trick play to fool a defense
    It just has to be less predictable

6. glimmerman

10,197 Messages
    10,345 Likes Received
    The opposing teams said there was no game plan to go against our Offense. They knew what we were gonna do. Just had to stop it. Can’t imagine if they didnt know what to expect.

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

2,989 Messages
    6,047 Likes Received
    Moore? Less.....

8. glimmerman

10,197 Messages
    10,345 Likes Received
    That would be nice. He will likely be calling from the sidelines and not in the sky box. I think Linehan was up there last year so our players didn’t choke him. Lol.

9. glimmerman

10,197 Messages
    10,345 Likes Received
    So less from Moore.

Pantone282C and Melonfeud like this.
  10. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

3,305 Messages
    3,334 Likes Received
    Greatness

glimmerman and 817Gill like this.
  11. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

851 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    I think as long as he does the simple things SL wouldn’t do that drove us nuts (red zone playcalling, 1st down play calling, early game script vs playing for possessions not points, formation variation, playing personnel to their strengths, more route variety/misdirection/motions/picks).

If he makes the simple changes that SL could have made if he wasn’t a stubborn d***head, then this offense will be right around the 7-11 range in the league. He doesn’t need to reinvent this O, just re-calibrate it

12. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

4,045 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    That's linehan's playbook for ya'.

13. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

4,045 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    Not sure what to expect from Moore, but what we can expect is more posts from Floaty, lol....

csirl, Pantone282C, MonsterD and 5 others like this.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,480 Messages
    19,827 Likes Received
    Jerry and Stephen want Moore to bring in his own ideals and his own views. I do expect to see Dallas using more motion and crossing routs and misdirection plays and yes the occasional flea flicker. If the intent was to keep Linehan playbook they would have kept Linehan as well.

15. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    950 Likes Received
    I expect there will be someone else calling the plays starting next season if not before. Sorry to be negative but that's just how I feel. I really want to be wrong on this one and hope I am.

16. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

3,339 Messages
    6,350 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore is the winningest QB in CFB history, and the Boise offense he was a part of was efficient and dynamic. I expect him to mix things up a lot.

17. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

12,569 Messages
    9,716 Likes Received
    I watch the rams
    They run lots of different plays out of exact same formation and personnel
    We change guys to do a specific thing and that’s a tell. It doesn’t have to be chiefs offense with tons of motion though I like watching them work, but something simple as adjusting routes in the game depending how they play a guy. Run and pass out of same formations and personnel

18. cern

cern Well-Known Member

6,888 Messages
    8,904 Likes Received
    norv turner came here and installed a totally new offense after young shula was shown the door. why not Kellen moore.

19. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

5,926 Messages
    3,424 Likes Received
    You could predict run or pass on a few plays, which you can do with all offenses across the league. When you're run heavy team, it's not hard to do anyways.

20. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,636 Messages
    10,201 Likes Received
    Contract year for Zeke? I’m sure we will use the 5th year option at which point Zeke might do the Emmitt Smith thing and hold out for a new contract, next season..

Buckle up..

In regards to Kellen, I expect more creativity and misdirection.. It might not be a smooth transition since most stuff takes time but hopefully by midseason we are still in contention and the offense gets in sync and takes off.

I expect a lot of ugly wins and some new growing pains with the, “New offense.”

ShortRound131 and glimmerman like this.