What to expect from Moore

glimmerman

Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
tenor.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
Some creativity
Pass more often on early downs
Run different plays out of same formations
We could sit at home and predict run or pass last year
It doesn’t have to be a so called trick play to fool a defense
It just has to be less predictable
The opposing teams said there was no game plan to go against our Offense. They knew what we were gonna do. Just had to stop it. Can’t imagine if they didnt know what to expect.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think as long as he does the simple things SL wouldn’t do that drove us nuts (red zone playcalling, 1st down play calling, early game script vs playing for possessions not points, formation variation, playing personnel to their strengths, more route variety/misdirection/motions/picks).

If he makes the simple changes that SL could have made if he wasn’t a stubborn d***head, then this offense will be right around the 7-11 range in the league. He doesn’t need to reinvent this O, just re-calibrate it

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I expect there will be someone else calling the plays starting next season if not before. Sorry to be negative but that's just how I feel. I really want to be wrong on this one and hope I am.

conner01

Reaction score
The opposing teams said there was no game plan to go against our Offense. They knew what we were gonna do. Just had to stop it. Can’t imagine if they didnt know what to expect.
I watch the rams
They run lots of different plays out of exact same formation and personnel
We change guys to do a specific thing and that’s a tell. It doesn’t have to be chiefs offense with tons of motion though I like watching them work, but something simple as adjusting routes in the game depending how they play a guy. Run and pass out of same formations and personnel

Dre11

Reaction score
Some creativity
Pass more often on early downs
Run different plays out of same formations
We could sit at home and predict run or pass last year
It doesn’t have to be a so called trick play to fool a defense
It just has to be less predictable

You could predict run or pass on a few plays, which you can do with all offenses across the league. When you're run heavy team, it's not hard to do anyways.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Contract year for Zeke? I’m sure we will use the 5th year option at which point Zeke might do the Emmitt Smith thing and hold out for a new contract, next season..

Buckle up..

In regards to Kellen, I expect more creativity and misdirection.. It might not be a smooth transition since most stuff takes time but hopefully by midseason we are still in contention and the offense gets in sync and takes off.

I expect a lot of ugly wins and some new growing pains with the, “New offense.”