What to expect from Moore

ShiningStar

Reaction score
norv turner came here and installed a totally new offense after young shula was shown the door. why not Kellen moore.

when Norv did it, we had standards, winning was part of the culture.

moore doesnt have that culture, chuck the ball, run Zeke, keep it average and most of the fans will go wild for it. Also keep some players who cant contribute but the fans think are awesome. This board will light up.

Dre11

Reaction score
The opposing teams said there was no game plan to go against our Offense. They knew what we were gonna do. Just had to stop it. Can’t imagine if they didnt know what to expect.

So no team could stop us and allowed us to make it to the division round? Stop listening to the BS....lol

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.
To me..

Part of his issues will be that in pre-season..

he has to hold back to save things for the regular season.

He is going to have to play backups alot becuz they will not play starters until the regular season.

This means another rough start in the first part of the year like last year.

We really will not know until mid season what we have.

So it's going to mean we may get edgy if things do not run smoothly.

The passing attack is definitely going to change.

We will need to watch Moore at Boise to maybe see where he will be heading.

conner01

Reaction score
You could predict run or pass on a few plays, which you can do with all offenses across the league. When you're run heavy team, it's not hard to do anyways.
It’s really hard to predict some teams like the rams because they use same formations to run many more plays
If I can predict half our plays just imagine a DC who knows lots more than I do
Later in the year I think it got better and just a new play caller will help some
Any man calling plays will have tenancies so Moore is gonna be a bit unknown
I always wanted Dez running more crossing routes. His physical style seemed a perfect fit for that, cooper has great RAC ability so short passes can be big gainers

GenoT

Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

In his first season as OC, Moore will work towards Dak’s strengths, but likely won’t shake things up past Dak’s current comfort zone.

Having said that, I’m looking forward to some fresh blood in the offensive scheming, game-planning and play-calling.

Go Cowboys!

conner01

Reaction score
To me..

Part of his issues will be that in pre-season..

he has to hold back to save things for the regular season.

He is going to have to play backups alot becuz they will not play starters until the regular season.

This means another rough start in the first part of the year like last year.

We really will not know until mid season what we have.

So it's going to mean we may get edgy if things do not run smoothly.

The passing attack is definitely going to change.

We will need to watch Moore at Boise to maybe see where he will be heading.
I hope we play the QB and receivers more this camp. I think that was a huge mistake last year

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The hopeless undying eternal optimist in me sez',,,former #17 is fixing to stand the league upon it's left ear in a blizzardardly blitzkrieg fashion never before witnessed ,as his punishing playbook so thusly dictates,,, er,,, but ya know? Were it not fer' the love of SCOTT LINEHAN ?,, dude would prolly be shuffling cars back-n-forth between new car dealerships up in Boise /sumtin' similar by nowo_O

reddyuta

Reaction score
what i would like to see is a lot of motion like the Rams do ,it will make Zeke even more deadly.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
We have no way of even guessing what to expect at this point...........it WOULD, however, be very evident if Garrett tries to put his worthless game planning "skills" in.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I watch the rams
They run lots of different plays out of exact same formation and personnel
We change guys to do a specific thing and that’s a tell. It doesn’t have to be chiefs offense with tons of motion though I like watching them work, but something simple as adjusting routes in the game depending how they play a guy. Run and pass out of same formations and personnel
I heard Romo say when he was commentating one of our games that we used a formation that we could run lots of different plays from. I think he called it 11 formation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with you, more than anything else, I'm expected an increase in pre snap motion and formation variations rather than a total reinventing of the wheel.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Beat me to it!
:laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remain unpredictable... not only from a play-to-play perspective, but also from a game-to-game as well.

That would make an enormous difference by itself. Good play design will only add to that.
That... would be amazing. Opposing defenses wouldn’t know what to plan for.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree with you, more than anything else, I'm expected an increase in pre snap motion and formation variations rather than a total reinventing of the wheel.
I think we were talking in another thread about execution. If to much is changed then the players would actually have to execute the new stuff. That means the players would have to pay attention in training camp. Lol. I think players that have been here for more than 2 years were used to walking through. Not having to learn much. Might make for a more excited and juvenated Offense.

cern

Reaction score
when Norv did it, we had standards, winning was part of the culture.

moore doesnt have that culture, chuck the ball, run Zeke, keep it average and most of the fans will go wild for it. Also keep some players who cant contribute but the fans think are awesome. This board will light up.
norv took over a cowboy team that ranked dead last in offense in the nfl. immediately went to 9th.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we were talking in another thread about execution. If to much is changed then the players would actually have to execute the new stuff. That means the players would have to pay attention in training camp. Lol. I think players that have been here for more than 2 years were used to walking through. Not having to learn much.

Well I'm expecting that to change hopefully. These coaches jobs are on the line and if they're letting players coast by, their failure is ultimately on them.

I think we'll have a balance between old and new with more motion and some new wrinkles added in. It won't take much to get more creative than Linehan.

Where is he working again? Anybody know?

conner01

Reaction score
I heard Romo say when he was commentating one of our games that we used a formation that we could run lots of different plays from. I think he called it 11 formation.
You can run multiple plays out of any formation I imagine
The real key is being able to do it without changing personnel. If you change they get to change
Catch them with there run guys and pass. Catch them in dime and run
One thing I’d like to see Dak work on is getting cheap yards by catching defense changing and more no huddle
No huddle doesn’t have to mean go fast just being ready to go
Manning always got cheap yards that way
5 yards is 5 yards

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I expect more than wrinkles.