What to expect from Moore

Doomsday101

Reaction score
when Norv did it, we had standards, winning was part of the culture.

moore doesnt have that culture, chuck the ball, run Zeke, keep it average and most of the fans will go wild for it. Also keep some players who cant contribute but the fans think are awesome. This board will light up.

Fans will be happy if they are putting up points. Cowboys were 22nd in points scored with 21.2 points a game. if Moore can get this offense scoring amongst the top offenses and this team is winning then you bet this board will light up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You can run multiple plays out of any formation I imagine
The real key is being able to do it without changing personnel. If you change they get to change
Catch them with there run guys and pass. Catch them in dime and run
One thing I’d like to see Dak work on is getting cheap yards by catching defense changing and more no huddle
No huddle doesn’t have to mean go fast just being ready to go
Manning always got cheap yards that way
5 yards is 5 yards
It’s a difference of 2nd and 10 and 2nd and 5 etc. also catch some big plays over the top that way.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fans will be happy if they are putting up points. Cowboys were 22nd in points scored with 21.2 points a game. if Moore can get this offense scoring amongst the top offenses and this team is winning then you bet this board will light up.
Just improving our red zone Offense would be a huge step.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well I'm expecting that to change hopefully. These coaches jobs are on the line and if they're letting players coast by, their failure is ultimately on them.

I think we'll have a balance between old and new with more motion and some new wrinkles added in. It won't take much to get more creative than Linehan.

Where is he working again? Anybody know?
Firing Linehan and demoting Marinelli is not letting coaches get by. And yes, Marinelli has been demoted not in title but influence.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.
I expect much of the same under Linehan. Run first team, the system Linehan has was very successful the record and offense show this. But he never tweaked the offense. Adding in presnap movements or adjusting the passing part of the offense to free up WRs by design instead of depending on the WR to beat his opponent 100% of the time. This is where i think Moore will come in and adjust. The running part of the offense should not be touched at all. If anybody is expecting to see a whole brand new offense dont watch because ur going to complain every week and most of us in the forum dont want to see you cry. I think the passing game will see change in bunch sets and routes that free up players. Hopefully we see rubs and natural picks and routes that dont take 5 to 6 seconds to run.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

i dont disagree with this.

can he do it, idk i hope he can.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Firing Linehan and demoting Marinelli is not letting coaches get by. And yes, Marinelli has been demoted not in title but influence.

No, what I was referring to was the coaches possibly letting player "get by" without working hard enough on the playbook, as was proposed here:

I think we were talking in another thread about execution. If to much is changed then the players would actually have to execute the new stuff. That means the players would have to pay attention in training camp. Lol. I think players that have been here for more than 2 years were used to walking through. Not having to learn much. Might make for a more excited and juvenated Offense.

If coaches were or are doing that, they're hurting themselves.

cern

Reaction score
and now you see why he was hired.
he had been an assistant with the rams and john robinson. ernie zampese personally called jimmy and recommend him. so it seems even jimmy was willing to take a chance on an unknown. moore just might turn out to be another turner.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
he had been an assistant with the rams and john robinson. ernie zampese personally called jimmy and recommend him. so it seems even jimmy was willing to take a chance on an unknown. moore just might turn out to be another turner.

ehhhhhh, norv put time into, learned the game on this level. two are unrelated. Moore will have to compensate for a lot. the NFL is not college and that is well known. its possible, but if i had to hedge my money, im not taking that bet. and how much time are we going to give KM. we need to be fair as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
i dont disagree with this.

can he do it, idk i hope he can.

Jerry wants him bringing his ideals to the game and said so. I will say Moore does not have to reinvent the wheel here. Much of what Dallas will run is same things other teams run. We run slants, deep routs, screens, bubble screens, draws and sweeps so does everyone else. To me it is the ability to call plays to setup other plays. If I can run a stop rout to help set up a stop and go rout. To me it is lulling the defense with a series of plays to help setup a more explosive day

Dunks3001

Reaction score
I expect to see a hand off to Zeke. Zeke flea flicks it back to Dak. Dak tosses it to Cooper who is coming over on an end around. Cooper then hands off to Gallup whos coming over on an end around the other way. Gallup then plants his foot in the ground and lobs it to Cobb whos running wide open down the side line. If we don't see that then what are we even doing?!???

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know. It is hard to believe that Scotty was as bad as he was. Was it JG offense or Scotty's?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jerry wants him bringing his ideals to the game and said so. I will say Moore does not have to reinvent the wheel here. Much of what Dallas will run is same things other teams run. We run slants, deep routs, screens, bubble screens, draws and sweeps so does everyone else. To me it is the ability to call plays to setup other plays. If I can run a stop rout to help set up a stop and go rout. To me it is lulling the defense with a series of plays to help setup a more explosive day
Yeah I believe JJ said if Moore wasn’t being able to implement his ideas that he wanted Moore to call him. Was kind of a strange statement. Lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah I believe JJ said if Moore wasn’t being able to implement his ideas that he wanted Moore to call him. Was kind of a strange statement. Lol.

Dallas has a very good run attack and I don't see them doing away with that, hell we have pro bowl OL and RB but we should be better at creating big plays off the run game which we did not do enough of last season. I do feel some changes with the plays being called will make a difference but I also think the year under the belt of Gallup will pay off big for the Cowboys. I think Dak and Gallup will be more in sync with each other and along with Cooper I think this offense will be very much improved.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Whst do you expect from a first year OC. He obviously isn’t going to come out with a whole new playbook and if he does there would be a huge learning curve.

I do think there will be some wrinkles put in. Maybe more motion and misdirection used. They say he will bring in some fresh new ideas and JJ says that’s exactly what he wants.

With a fresh and hopefully healthy O-Line and a star RB playing in a contract year I hope he keeps the smash mouth element and stays run first. But wondering what you all think he is going to bring to the pass game.

He will be calling the plays and JG has no new contract and his job could be completely relying on how well Moore does.

I have heard more than 1 ex Cowboy WR saying Linehan ran the same pass plays and lined everyone up in the same formations. Even Cooper was getting tired of the same plays.

How much do you think he shakes it up in his first year.
well no way to know till we see about 6 games, If I were him I would burn the old playbook in a night time ceremony in a big bonfire with
lots of dancing and food and beer!!!!!!!!!!

Then create a whole new playbook, they have plenty of time to learn the new plays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I want to see the flea flicker at least once every game. It's not used enough in the NFL.