What up with Luepke

John813

Reaction score
I'd assume he is in fact safe. But last year he didn't play till game 3 iirc.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My feeling is that McCarthy will show very little of the offensive playbook. I have watched both games and it’s extra vanilla. Looks like they are trying to review some players and youngsters but are not opening up the playbook at all. I don’t think HL will get anything special in the preseason.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Luepke was in there when Rush was at QB as a classic fullback if I recall correctly.

I also heard he was getting tight end reps at practice so the coaches might have an expanded role for him planned.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Luepke was in there when Rush was at QB as a classic fullback if I recall correctly.

I also heard he was getting tight end reps at practice so the coaches might have an expanded role for him planned.
Makes me wonder if they don’t keep a fourth TE.

Hendershot is too good to just toss away but that room is crowded. Maybe someone will part with a 7th for him.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I thin he is safe.Guys who should be worried about are Deuce and Hendershot.I we keep Freeman then its hard to justify keeping Deuce.

This is where I feel differently than other commenters I’ve seen here.

Freeman and Zeke are the same kinda player to me. You can throw Davis into that category as well.

On the other hand, Dowdle and Deuce have legitimate playmaking ability.

I think it’d be silly for the team to carry Dowdle, Zeke and Freeman over Vaughn. You absolutely need home run hitters in todays NFL, guys who can get chunk yards on offense, and those two guys are Dowdle and Vaughn.

JBS

Reaction score
There have been talks of giving him a bigger role but so far his preseason has been a nothing so far. Is it all smoke and mirrors or are we saving him to have a bigger role in the regular season. The lack of usage is really confusing me.
Lolololol. Are you serious right now?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There have been talks of giving him a bigger role but so far his preseason has been a nothing so far. Is it all smoke and mirrors or are we saving him to have a bigger role in the regular season. The lack of usage is really confusing me.
They’re not playing him because the rest of the league would just quit.

starfan1

Reaction score
I don’t see why they would keep Freeman over Deuce though.
Admittedly I don’t know much about freeman but Duece is meh. He’s a gadget guy not much more

He can’t block , he has to he in space to be effectice
hes shifty I’ll give him that but I just have not been impressed with him

In fact I’ve been pretty unimpressed with the entirety of last years draft

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Freeman helps on special teams as a coverage guy. Really can only use Deuce as a RB and sometimes return guy.
Yeah but I can find coverage guys anywhere. It’s not ideal to be a backup rb and not play special teams but I can be ok with it if Deuce can carve out a solid role on offense.