What up with Luepke

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's obvious that he is going to use him.
That is your assumption. He could have used him more last year and didn't. Especially considering how the run game struggled in short yardage. I hope Mike uses him, the kids got talent, I just don't trust Mike. If you are Mike, last year of your contract, you really calling leupke's number over CD? Nope, most coaches will go-to their bread and butter except under certain situations and Mike will wait for those times to use leupke, which won't be often..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There have been talks of giving him a bigger role but so far his preseason has been a nothing so far. Is it all smoke and mirrors or are we saving him to have a bigger role in the regular season. The lack of usage is really confusing me.
we don't want to show case his role, where all he'll be doing is leading blocking and in the flats

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My feeling is that McCarthy will show very little of the offensive playbook. I have watched both games and it’s extra vanilla. Looks like they are trying to review some players and youngsters but are not opening up the playbook at all. I don’t think HL will get anything special in the preseason.
Not revealing the players ok, but these plays are the plays in our playbook with the poor route concepts as usual/boring offense

starfan1

Reaction score
Deuce is a traditional runner.

This gadget guy stuff is BS. He’s never been that type of player. Ever.
Traditional runner at Kansas state maybe I just don’t see doing anything beyond kick off returns and screens with traditional running mixed in

He’s too small can’t block but he’s elusive as all get out so there’s that

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Traditional runner at Kansas state maybe I just don’t see doing anything beyond kick off returns and screens with traditional running mixed in

He’s too small can’t block but he’s elusive as all get out so there’s that
Dallas has next to nothing at RB and Vaughn being “too small” is what makes him special and why he’s in the NFL to begin with.

Hes easily our most talented runner.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dallas has next to nothing at RB and Vaughn being “too small” is what makes him special and why he’s in the NFL to begin with.

Hes easily our most talented runner.
I disagree him being special because of his size and in the nfl because of it.
He’s on Dallas is because his dad works for the cowboys and if his talent is so immense why was he in active virtually all year?

I don’t agree he’s the most talented runner on the boys but even if he was that ain’t saying much

I’d love to be wrong and time will tell but last years draft was garbage he’s just another piece of it
JMO

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I disagree him being special because of his size and in the nfl because of it.
He’s on Dallas is because his dad works for the cowboys and if his talent is so immense why was he in active virtually all year?

I don’t agree he’s the most talented runner on the boys but even if he was that ain’t saying much

I’d love to be wrong and time will tell but last years draft was garbage he’s just another piece of it
JMO
Dallas is the same dumb team that played Zeke over Pollard.

This organization is a country club and being the better player doesn’t get you on the field.

Pollard had a 10 million dollar deal so he wasn’t coming off the field.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
There have been talks of giving him a bigger role but so far his preseason has been a nothing so far. Is it all smoke and mirrors or are we saving him to have a bigger role in the regular season. The lack of usage is really confusing me.
Why bother beating him up, he’s on the 53

quickccc

Reaction score
Dunno ...

It's not like Lupe is this unstoppable, untouchable special weapon .. he's still learning the FB role, still needs the reps in run and pass game
as well as developing as a blocker (his greatest weakness) ...

. and it' not likely that he has any competition, really being the only FB on the roster

1time4urMind

Reaction score
Because his name is already written on the final roster with a Sharpie.The coaches don't need to see him or expose him to injury in these games.
He's sitting with Zeke, Dowdle, Tyler, Zak, Ferguson, Steele, Parsons, DLaw, Osa, Diggs, Bland, Hooker etc.
Whats not to get?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are waiting for an FB to make the difference here? :facepalm:

revospeed

Reaction score
+1 ...... he spent most of last season inactive. The fact he was playing last with 3rd and 4th stringers isn't a good sign. I think he ends up on the practice squad and that because of his dad.
You must not have watched the game. Deuce was effective against the Raiders starters. Wilkins, Crosby, Deablo, Spillman and Jack Jones were in when Deuce had good runs. In fact, there was banter between Deuce and Jones when Deuce evaded him.

revospeed

Reaction score
I don't see that.....at all
Deuce was good last night against 3rd and 4th stringers. The fact they were even playing him at that point says a lot. Keep in mind he was inactive most of last season and there has been talk of trying him as a slot receiver. Not a good sign.....

Hmm. Are Christian Wilkins, Max Crosby, Deablo, Spillane, and Jack Jones 3rd and 4th stringers? I see Deuce running behind a second team offensive line and being effective against Oakland starters.