What vitamins do you take?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Vitamin C in the winter. Living in Canada it never hurts to have more vitamin C.

Cannabis...

I used to take vitamin D (I believe vitamin D helps people mental state in northern climates because winter can be long and gloomy)

Good thread...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I stopped taking multivitamins years ago because when I was a teen they made me break out so I've been scared of them ever since.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most vitamin supplements end up just being expensive crap...literally. It's my understanding they don't absorb into your system well. I'd ask my doctor, before spending that type of money on a vitamin regimen.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally would not take any OTC vitamins just because as @Runwildboys pointed out, most experts say your body will not absorb most of them.

The problem with multi-vitamins is that you are getting a full assortment of vitamins where you may only need one or two. You may be getting a recommended daily amount of a vitamin from your normal daily diet and then doubling it because of the multi-vitamin all in an effort to increase one or two other vitamins.

If you are concerned about a vitamin deficiency, I would recommend talking with your doctor and let them see if there is an issue and if so, prescribe something that has been through the FDA approval process.

If you are just wanting to be healthier, I would suggest figuring out what types of vitamin levels you want to improve and find and eat foods that are known to contain those vitamins. That way, you will introduce them more naturally into your body while at the same time consuming an amount that your body will likely use.

aria

Reaction score
I take a multivitamin, iron, vitamin D and a liver cleanser (makes me feel better about myself but probably doesn’t do anything). I also take quite a few supplements and although it’s not a vitamin, I think agmatine sulfate is pretty good stuff. I take it for working out, it’s a vasodilator, but it can benefit anyone for helping to reduce blood pressure. It’s really bitter, I just dump a scoop in my mouth and slam some water to get it over with as quickly as possible.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Knowing I can't possibly consume enough nutrients through my food intake given my current lifestyle, I take:
one a day men multi vitamin
fish oil tabs
vitamin D supplement (deficiency)

I get my blood-work done semi-annually due to a high uric acid condition and my D deficiency.

Hardline

Reaction score
GNC makes a time released multi vitamin that last eight hours.
I used to take them but they are too expensive and it's not worth the results.
And they make your piss a wicked neon yellow.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am on the other side from most here and have convinced myself that it is my long time regimen of vitamin supplements that keeps me from catching whatever's going around. Could be mental and I've been accused of that before.

One thing you should do with any vitamin, put it in white vinegar and watch for the dissolve time. You could just be passing some through. It should immediately start to break down as that most resembles the PH of stomach acid.

I take: NewChapter Every Man's Multi 40+ (they have a 50+ but I want to keep my 40 year old brain), C, D3, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, B-12, Cinnamon, Turmeric Curcumin, Lutein, Osteo Bi-Flex, Magnesium and Tru-OPC for vascular eye health and Magnesium, all that in the AM and Potassium in the PM along with Fish Oil, Turmeric Curcumin and another Osteo.

I cannot argue the value of supplements for anyone else but I have proof that Magnesium and Potassium stopped my nighttime leg cramps and Tru-OPC's stopped the blood vessels from bursting in my eyes.

The Turmeric Curcumin and Osteo are for joints and while I have a bad back and hip, I am convinced it would be worse without that every day.

It is a pain in the butt to take 15-18 vitamins a day and is expensive but I have sold myself on this. I also am a drinker and cigar smoker and need something to counter the evil effects on my person with my vices but I love my vices, they are mine, all mine!. I am convinced my vitamins could be Marvel heroes.

Vitamin supplements, like alcohol and coffee, bounce around with medical recommendations and I laughed at one group of researchers stating we should be getting all of the necessary vitamins from our diet. Americans have the worst diet of any developed country in the world. And I am no exception to that so I try to achieve balance.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, I just started that Turmeric Curcumin 6 weeks ago and was having trouble getting around with my hip and I could tell the difference in a little over 2 weeks. I was having almost nightly leg cramps until the Magnesium/Potassium and have only had one in the last two years.

The tricky part of vitamin therapy is it's a lot of trial and error because we don't know what our bodies are short on but I know I am not going to get what I need through my diet.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am going to repeat what a couple said on this thread earlier.

Multi vitamins aren’t the best because they don’t fully absorb in the body.

The best thing you can do, is get your recommended intake of fruits and vegetables.

That being said, when I used to lift weights regularly, I took GNC mega Men vitamins. They weren’t bad. Although make sure not to take on an empty stomach or they will give you a wicked stomach ache.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Vit D morning with Vit K
Magnesium Glycinate before bed
I take a multi, but I lift and it has stuff like B vits + Vit C as well as a digestion/antioxidant complex and some joint support in it

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I take one daily multi vitamin. I don’t buy all that stuff you see on counters. One night I was bored,so doing what I usually do at 2 am or so on a weekday sometimes....I went through the aisles of my Walgreens reading ingredients of stuff for no reason. They basically sell junk based on packaging,age and gender,because they know people don’t check. Like who’s really going to do what I did for an hour? No one...only some bizarre idiot like me. Thus they rake it in...and no one is the wiser for it. But really,if you eat good balanced foods you’ll get all you need,and feel better for it. I think for kids it’s more important to take vitamins,being they don’t like carrots and all that jazz. Or for people with a deficiency,or seniors...otherwise one multi day will cover your bases just fine,and you’ll save dough.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vitamin D cause the doc said so.
And they can tell when I do my by blood test and Check ups.