What we lost when Garrett left

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
While it's true that Jason seemed to have no ability to be creative in crafting an offensive.
Nor any ability to change plans as the game developed.
He also lacked the ability to lead really talented personnel to success.
But I don't remember as many real inexplicable play decisions & time mismanagement in Jasons 7 years as I have in Mikes 1 season +.
Lost nites clock mismanagement was just the latest
I remember watching JG & saying "Well I don't think that was the best call & why is he clapping again" but with MM I've said "What was he thinking...that didn't make any sense...WTH is going on"

I have real concerns that this team will actually lose a few games based solely on MM clear lack of ability in these areas & I can't see how he will improve.

Are you armed? Will you travel?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m tired of McCarthy’s nonsense as well. You think we got a chance to bring back Jason next season?

Big_D

Reaction score
13 years of choking on a regular basis and he's still just as good or better than a Super Bowl winner. :confused: Been compared to a number of Super Bowl winners actually. Some Cowboy fans have even said he's better than the likes of Andy Reid and now Mike McCarthy and he never even had to accomplish a dam thing? lol 2-3 record in the playoffs in 10 years and some still talk favorably. That bar really has been lowered.

jnday

Reaction score
While it's true that Jason seemed to have no ability to be creative in crafting an offensive.
But I don't remember as many real inexplicable play decisions & time mismanagement in Jasons 7 years as I have in Mikes 1 season +.
I remember watching JG & saying "Well I don't think that was the best call & why is he clapping again" but with MM I've said "What was he thinking...that didn't make any sense...WTH is going on"

I have real concerns that this team will actually lose a few games based solely on MM clear lack of ability in these areas & I can't see how he will improve.
I had an open mind when MM became HC. It didn’t take but a couple of games for MM to close my mind after seeing some of the horrific decisions that he made during games. There is no way that a fan can dislike Garrett , but love MM. They are exactly the same, give or take a couple hundred pounds.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Then you have a bad memory.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I honestly don't think JG would have managed a win vs. Tampa or LA and I don't think he comes close to winning vs. Tampa.

He would have ran the ball right straight into the heart of their defense 30x or more. Then he would have brought Witten out of retirement to run those short curl patterns on 3rd and long.

Reactions: G2

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hated when Garrett would play our first team against teams that are either tanking or are playing their 2nd stringers so they can make the playoffs.

That stupid idiot cost us higher draft picks each and every year because he thought winning a useless game at the end of the season will impress the Jones's.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Garrett was horrendous at end of half and game clock management

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

You were not watching real well. Garrett was a disaster with clock management over the years. I made countless comments he needed to buy a Rolex to help him with the clock.

cowboyed

Reaction score
When Garrett left we fans lost a degree of hopelessness and despair. However some forum members are so haunted and traumatized by Garrett's tenure with the Cowboys that they continue to seek cathartic relief by reporting and recording his foibles - with the Giants, no less. To those forum brothers I say, "this too shall pass" (hopefully before the end of the century).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think one of biggest issues with MM right now is that he is letting Bones Fassel do whatever he wants. It's clear Fassel is trying to force a big statement play and it's to the detriment to the team. MM needs to step in when these overly aggressive ST calls are being made.

This is absolutely right.
:hammer:

75boyz

Reaction score
This is not a either or scenario. This is a case that we don't want either coach. Both are bad. I think McCarthy is worse, so far. He proves it every game. The only thing saving us, are the other coaches.

Agree. Count me in this category.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m tired of McCarthy’s nonsense as well. You think we got a chance to bring back Jason next season?

Ban this guiy right here..Mods..there is name calling then there is asking for JG back....if it is not in the forum rules please fix that now.

#1 No asking for JG back ever its unexcusable...
#2 If you do not like the current coach..you blame JG still because he is still that bad
#3 Be respectfull to other..........

phildadon86

Reaction score

You dont remember any clock mismanagement? Did you not watch any games for the decade he was here? His clock management was so bad at one point Jerry had to say "hes a coach in training"