What will be the top position battle in camp?

davidariust24

Reaction score

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
giphy.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There will be competition at just about every group. Though some will be for back up and ST's for those last few roster spots.
The secondary will be one such group.
DL will be very interesting. Are they as deep as we think, enough to make them keep 10 DL, 10 DB's

Go 2 QB's and 3 TE's, and keep an extra DL and DB.

cowboyec

Reaction score
at OG...Williams vs McGovern.

at DT...Hill vs Collins.

at DE...Taco vs Armstrong vs Joe Jackson.

and maybe.....RB Tony Pollard vs WR Tavon Austin.....on returns and snaps on offense.

and can UDFA OTs Mitch Hyatt and Brandon Knight force Dallas to go long at OL spots on the 53....these 2 are gonna fight to the end.

can't wait to see it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and maybe.....RB Tony Pollard vs WR Tavon Austin.....on returns and snaps on offense.

can't wait to see it.

This one will be interesting. Or does Moore have a plan to utilize both. If A WR, such as Wilson really steps up, and they still want to keep Noah Brown. Will Pollard show enough to push Autsin off the roster. But Pollard must show he can return punts though. He take over the KR from Austin, but can he field punts. Supposedly he will get a look to see.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anxious to see how we set the DL #1, OL#2,WR #3.

Do you start quinn or taco on early downs?

Does williams slide over to RT?

Can wilson or hurns capture the 7th WR spot?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
DL and OL battles should be interesting. Our WR core might be a lot different by the time the season starts

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Anxious to see how we set the DL #1, OL#2,WR #3.

Do you start quinn or taco on early downs?

Does williams slide over to RT?

Can wilson or hurns capture the 7th WR spot?

IMO Taco will have to take BIG step forward for that conversation. It will more likely be Crawford or Quinn on early downs.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO Taco will have to take BIG step forward for that conversation. It will more likely be Crawford or Quinn on early downs.

Not really. Quinn should come in on passing downs and crawford i thought was better at left end.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Going to think outside the box and say Moore VS Garrett. Can Moore fend off Garrett's attempts at forcing his outdated 90's philosophy on this talented offense?

More a regular season battle, no? I gave you a like anyway cause you gave me a chuckle.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally like two groups. The defensive line will be very competitive and I also think the receivers or pass catchers because I'm including tightends, will be highly competitive with all the youth from the draft and UFA. What do you guys think?The mothership had something on it
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-what-will-be-the-top-position-battle
Among starting positions, LG, DT and RDE are the most uncertain, but there are a number of candidates for each. Backup RB's & WR's will also be contested, and it will be interesting to see how things shake out at TE. I'm hoping Witten is just in the mix and not the guy that dominates playing time. I want to see Jarwin continue to develop.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually don’t think the FO will have anyone in a honest competition with Williams.

They would be stupid to not have an open competition there.

They have Looney who was unbelievable last year for us and better then Connor Williams.

Sua Filo deserves a look.

McGovern deserves a shot there too and he has a more natural guard body then Connor.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally like two groups. The defensive line will be very competitive and I also think the receivers or pass catchers because I'm including tightends, will be highly competitive with all the youth from the draft and UFA. What do you guys think?The mothership had something on it
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag-what-will-be-the-top-position-battle

For me, I want to see all of them.

With regards to the article:

In 3 LB sets (When the SLB plays)
The SLB only plays around 30% of the snaps.
Lee likely comes in at WLB with Jaylon playing SLB.
Obviously Vander Esch and Jaylon are the starters in 2 LB sets.

RDE and 3-tech DT
In 2018 Crawford started 8 games at RDE.
In 2018 Crawford started 7 games at 3-tech DT.

Hill and L.Collins as top 3-techs.
Crawford, Taco, Hyder compete to start at RDE.

Armstrong/Joe Jackson/Jelks compete for roster spots.