What will Iggles get for Wentz

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Peterson and his system is gone, so what’s the point of getting Foles back? This whole trade Wentz when Peterson is gone thing is still not make sense to me tbh.
Simply to back up Hurts and make the deal work.
Doubt Chicago would want to keep Foles. His money isn't massive but it's all basically GTD.
Philly likely has to take back a reasonably priced QB contract to make these deals work.
4m for Foles as back up would be a good deal while taking 5m in GTD money off Chicago's books.

Sydla

Reaction score
They got a first for Sam Bradford. Probably a first for Wentz also.

Maybe but that was a really unique situation. They got a first because the Vikings lost their QB literally a week before the season was to start so they panicked and Bradford was the best QB available.

Teams won't be as trigger itchy in February and March. Ben Albright tweeted out a couple of hours ago that Philly is likely to hold onto him a little bit longer as the offers haven't been great and it's been them leaking stuff to the press to drive up the cost. He said teams have inquired by few apparently have made any real offers.

Roseman is a shady dude so it's possible all this talk of the Bears giving up a first or teams contemplating giving up two firsts is BS coming from Philly's side. They have to trade him soon if they want to move him because a few days into the league room, they are on the hook for a roster bonus.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ive heard Wentz and a 2nd

In return for a 1st, Foles, and Tarik Cohen

That didn't seem to get much traction but if this was the case, basically the Eagles moved up around 17 spots for Wentz. That ain't a great return but I really struggle to think that he's worth a lot at this point. He really struggled in 2020, stories coming out about how he's a kind of a pain in the butt and teams know Philly has to get rid of him around the start of the league year or they end up having to eat even more cap space as he has a roster bonus due.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Maybe but that was a really unique situation. They got a first because the Vikings lost their QB literally a week before the season was to start so they panicked and Bradford was the best QB available.

Teams won't be as trigger itchy in February and March. Ben Albright tweeted out a couple of hours ago that Philly is likely to hold onto him a little bit longer as the offers haven't been great and it's been them leaking stuff to the press to drive up the cost. He said teams have inquired by few apparently have made any real offers.

Roseman is a shady dude so it's possible all this talk of the Bears giving up a first or teams contemplating giving up two firsts is BS coming from Philly's side. They have to trade him soon if they want to move him because a few days into the league room, they are on the hook for a roster bonus.
Howie does know how to play the trade game, I'll give him that.
Wish this team could... oh, never mind.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll rob somebody.

1st, player, huge cap relief

The Eagles will still be cashing in those picks long after we're all gone.

It'll make the Herschel Walker trade look like future considerations.

Do a Bobby Bonilla deal. One draft pick for 30+ years

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 # 1 picks or a #1 and 2 or #1 and #3 pick.
You have all rushed to bury this QB for other reasons that have nothing to do with his talent base or the circumstances he faced the last 2 seasons on the injury front.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
2 # 1 picks or a #1 and 2 or #1 and #3 pick.
You have all rushed to bury this QB for other reasons that have nothing to do with his talent base or the circumstances he faced the last 2 seasons on the injury front.
I like the multiple options that get progressively worse.
Smart stuff.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No idea

Look what the Lions got for Matthew Stafford ....... I think Wentz highs are higher than Stafford ........ his lows are lower also but thats neither here or there.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Most likely they get a non top 15 R1 pick and that's it.
Possibly with a backup QB thrown in.

I think Chicago and Indy make the most sense.

Philly is gonna try to up the ante but they have a hard date to complete deal before the Wentz roster bonus hits in early March.
I expect this done in about a week.
If it isn't then they are getting low ball offers and really not getting much.

NE would make a lot of sense but I'm sure Belichick would want to deal with a guy who's fallen to pressure.
And BB could end up with Jimmy G back.
Do they then package both their 1’s to move up for a QB?

cowboyec

Reaction score
broken wings.
broken promises.

decade of dominance my ***.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao: