What will Iggles get for Wentz

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don’t know why any team would pick up Wentz’s contract, which is the worst in the NFL.

Wentz’s contract is not too bad once Philly eats the signing bonus. I hear once traded Wentz’s contract is 4 years $98M with $40M guaranteed. That is really good for a one-time MVP QB. $25M/year for a QB is a good contract especially if Wentz plays well.

Would you rather have Wentz at $25M/yr or Dak at $35-40M/year?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Wentz’s contract is not too bad once Philly eats the signing bonus. I hear once traded Wentz’s contract is 4 years $98M with $40M guaranteed. That is really good for a one-time MVP QB. $25M/year for a QB is a good contract especially if Wentz plays well.

Would you rather have Wentz at $25M/yr or Dak at $35-40M/year?

Can I pass on both...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
spotrac says $10MM but in either case, it's an incentive for them to make a move before that date.

Yes, it is a big incentive. The trade price for Wentz will go up if the Eagles pay that money. The Eagles would want more in return since Wentz’s salary would decrease for the new team. I guess.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Where are all the Wince jockstrap sniffers who swore they knew Wince was a better QB? Who swore they knew Goff was a better QB? Funny how they trolled this board for yrs but now wont even acknowledge how wrong they were.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hope Philly has to keep him, since other teams aren't willing to pay what they're asking!:thumbup:

ESisback

Reaction score
More than we'd get for Dak.

Yep, and that doesn’t necessarily mean Wentz is better, just the Murphy’s Law/Bad Karma of the Cowboys, colorizing the FO’s passive/aggressive ineptitude. IMHO, of course...

It’s like this...I could spend $7500 on a used car, drive it for 19 months, add another $1200 in repair, then try to sell it, because it leaves me set a couple of times. Someone with 2 and a half times the income lowballs me. The most I can get is say, $5200. The guy drives it four years and besides oil changes, a couple of tires, and wiper blades, doesn’t spend a dime, and it runs like a top. He resells it for $6250, makes a $1050 profit, buys a lottery ticket, and wins 10k! Freakin’ Murphy!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, and that doesn’t necessarily mean Wentz is better, just the Murphy’s Law/Bad Karma of the Cowboys, colorizing the FO’s passive/aggressive ineptitude. IMHO, of course...

It’s like this...I could spend $7500 on a used car, drive it for 19 months, add another $1200 in repair, then try to sell it, because it leaves me set a couple of times. Someone with 2 and a half times the income lowballs me. The most I can get is say, $5200. The guy drives it four years and besides oil changes, a couple of tires, and wiper blades, doesn’t spend a dime, and it runs like a top. He resells it for $6250, makes a $1050 profit, buys a lottery ticket, and wins 10k! Freakin’ Murphy!

I tried to give you the Wentz Jersey, but you wouldn't take it, lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question is does Wentz look like a bust to the other 31 teams? He has played enough that the majority of these teams have had to prepare for him and they've seen good and bad.

What was different when he was good? Can a team provide that and is he an upgrade from what they have now? If a team feels that can fix Wentz, he is better than a risk in the draft.
And a lot of this depends on where a team is and if they're closer than far away at contending.

Could he help fix CAR, CHI, IND or SF?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they will get at least a 1st. if Stafford got two first and goff, then wentz is worth a lot more than what you said...I mean cooper fetched a 1st.....
Agree, we have been consistently low on player values in trades. Wentz has a 1st value and probably more to at least 1 team needing a QB.