What will Iggles get for Wentz

fansince68

Reaction score
wilson-6-football-duffle-bag-38lx14wx12h-a6e.jpg
Nice haul. Looks like a "Brady" bag. Are the fully inflated??

quickccc

Reaction score
- Rumors are former HC Doug Pederson was not fired because Philly management wanted to flat change out the HC because he bumped heads with Wentz

- Word is they fired him because Pederson refused to make the assistant coaches that managed was " demanding" that he make ... :eek:

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the rumor. I don’t see Wentz being that much better than Trubisky. I think Foles ran out of luck and is nothing but a clipboard holder now.

What I've noticed is most quarterbacks that aren't elite don't play well without a supporting cast. I remember Nick Foles being terrible back in 2013 without an offense. Chicago or the Jaguars are not good teams to play for right now so I don't expect either of them to be any good on those teams. If the Eagles don't revamp that offense Foles will suck again. Next year, just like 8 years ago. Wentz would have been better off going to the Colts. But I guess that's not up to him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judging by our historically challenged placing a trade value on a player, I think we'll be surprised. The NFL people all seem to place a greater value on players than we do.

I do think Wentz is a better QB than what we saw this season. With the right team and under the right conditions, he can get the job done. The Eagles have more problems than just QB. It was obvious Wentz and his HC needed to go their separate ways.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No professional football team should be interested in this bust of a football QB. What the iggles get for him should be minimal.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I don’t know why any team would pick up Wentz’s contract, which is the worst in the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score

Yep the more that is coming out the more it appears the "hot" trade market for Wentz that was being reported late last week was largely coming from the Eagles and Eagles friendly media types. Albright reported yesterday that teams have inquired but few have made offers (I guess because when they heard the asking price they thought it was a waste of time). Another national reporter said Philly has talked to teams but gotten a lot of dial tones after they say what they want in return.

Philly has approached this thinking Wentz = Stafford when it appears the rest of the teams see it as Wentz = Goff.

The other factor here is Philly has a deadline over their heads. He has a $10MM roster bonus due right after the start of the 2021 league year in a few weeks. If they don't trade him by then, they are on the hook for $10MM more in dead money if they were to trade him after that date.