What will Iggles get for Wentz

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The point was pretty simple. Romo and Stafford both played for franchises that couldnt provide them with the team around them they needed.

Which is 100% accurate. I wont argue otherwise as its not debatable.

As far as asking to be traded, I never said anything about that.

You didn't have to say anything about asking to be traded, it's part of his character or lack there of. Romo never quit on his team and asked to be traded, Stafford has. END OF DISCUSSION.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You didn't have to say anything about asking to be traded, it's part of his character or lack there of. Romo never quit on his team and asked to be traded, Stafford has. END OF DISCUSSION.
He himself has already felt the need to defend his actions and how difficult to do what he did was publicly and he's squawkin'.
Lol.
I'm very sure he's losing sleep.

kskboys

Reaction score
I cannot fathom how anyone would give up even a 2 for that bloated contract on a player who can't stay on the field.

Seriously, how can his value be more than a 3? If that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wentz has a similar contract. So teams wanting him know that Philly really wants to get rid of him, he has a Goff like contract, and Philly is against the gun because they owe him a 10 million roster bonus in a few weeks that will muck up their already mucked up cap.

They’ll get something for him but it won’t be some big haul, certainly not a first and a second.
Disagree. They will get more than a first with a 2nd being the high end of the other pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never even talked about character. Talked about similar situations. Can’t help it if you can’t keep up with a conversation.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Ron Jawsroski reported that the Colts offered 2 2nds but the Eagles want at least a 1st.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
They had to move Goff because of the contract. Lions wanted no part of Goff, hence why the Rams had to throw in an extra first rounder on top to make the deal work.

Even if Wentz is better, he's not better by much so when Goff almost has negative value in a trade I am not sure how one concludes Philly might get a nice haul for Wentz.

If Philly trades Wentz before the his $10M option kicks in, Wentz's contract I heard would be pretty manageable for the new team, less than $25M/yr for the next 4 years. $98M over 4 years with $40M guaranteed.

If Philly has to pick up the $10M option and then trade him later, I think Wentz's contract becomes even better, $88M over 4 years with $30M guaranteed. Unless the two teams work out some arrangement with the money.

Flamma

Reaction score
Man, I just don't see how anyone offers more than a 3rd.

I don't see Chicago giving up that much. But the Colts don't even have a decent QB. I can see them giving up a late 2nd, possibly more. Wentz would be better off in indy

kskboys

Reaction score
He reported that the Colts offered 2 second picks but the Eagles said no they wanted at least a 1st round pick.
No, I got that, I don't get offering that much for Wentz. Does he have an out in his contract after a year or two?

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't see Chicago giving up that much. But the Colts don't even have a decent QB. I can see them giving up a late 2nd, possibly more. Wentz would be better off in indy
Is Wentz decent? Man, he's been bad for so long. And that's when he's not hurt. I wouldn't give a 4th for him. If it were me, they'd have to give me a pick to take that contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
I've always been a big Romo fan and there's no way that even if Romo's and Stafford's circumstances are similar, that you're going to convince me that Stafford is any where close to being the QB that Romo was. Here's the first thing of many to think about when trying to compare the two. At no time did Romo give up on his team and asked to be traded. That one comparison on character alone beats all of the other differences between them. I'm completely lost on what makes you think you know more about QB's than me or anyone else. If anything you appear to be a football challenged fan.

It's hard to tell since it is Detroit. I think that last year Barry Sanders played for the Lions soured him on the game and team. I believe it was the cause of his early retirement.

Flamma

Reaction score
Is Wentz decent? Man, he's been bad for so long. And that's when he's not hurt. I wouldn't give a 4th for him. If it were me, they'd have to give me a pick to take that contract.

Most decent quarterbacks can play well with the pieces around them. He's shown that he could do that in the past. Plus they'd only have to keep him for one year, right? Or is that someone else's contact in thinking of? But yeah, his contract is a rough one of they want to keep him longer.

Flamma

Reaction score
I heard several things on a Philly radio station driving home from work. One of which can't go in the forum.

1. What post 179 pointed to. The Colts offered two 2nd round picks.

2. According to someone that is supposedly in the know, he said look for a QB trade sometime today. One guy asked, is it Russel Wilson? He said no, but wouldn't say who he thought it was. But he said it was about money.