What will it take to convince you Cowboys are for real this year?

Beaker42

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!
SB win. :cool::D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dallas will also be getting some key talent back soon. Gallup in eligible to come off the IR this week but will be held out but I would think his return will be fairly soon which adds yet another key weapon. I take nothing away from the job of Wilson or Brown but I would take Gallup hands down over both of them and his return should only make this offense even more dangerous.

dcstar

Reaction score
Finish games unlike the Cowboys did against the Carolina.
Don't start believing their own hype and start seeing/hearing all the glitz n glamor from self promotion.
Forget cutsie names like Hot Boyz...let the work on the field speak for itself.
Face adversity and deal with it like a professional.
Stay out of the news
Quit the damn feed me bull feces...act like you've been there before. Good lawd.

Go Cowboys!

JJHLH1

Reaction score
If the Cowboys keep pressuring the opposing QB like they have recently we are definitely for real.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't throw in a 'hater' or two.

We're not allowed to be a bit more reserved based on past history? Dallas could lose the next 8 games before finally winning another and you would still think the team is for real and slated to dominate the universe. And should anyone think different you would be front and center with your usual 'hater' and 'agenda' comments.

Super bowl champions don't get crowned after week 4 of a season.........
McFly, the question was do you think the Cowboys are for real, not whether they're going to win the Super Bowl. You're trying to change the narrative yet again, it's what all the haters do, to fit your own agenda.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!
hold the other team to a low passing total for a couple of weeks in a row

75boyz

Reaction score
Finish games unlike the Cowboys did against the Carolina.
Don't start believing their own hype and start seeing/hearing all the glitz n glamor from self promotion.
Forget cutsie names like Hot Boyz...let the work on the field speak for itself.
Face adversity and deal with it like a professional.
Stay out of the news
Quit the damn feed me bull feces...act like you've been there before. Good lawd.

Go Cowboys!

Good post. I want all of this too.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
NY Giants
@New England
@ Minnesota
Denver
Atlanta
@Kansas City
Las Vegas

Dallas is currently 3-1. If the Cowboys get through these seven games at 6-1, I'd say they are a legit Super Bowl contender. A Record of 9-2 at the end of 11 games played should convince everyone on this board - except a few malcontents - this team is for reals.

Personally, that may not be out of the question.

johneric8

Reaction score
If I'm being 100% real, beating the panthers like we did got me very close to being convinced we're a contender. I know the Giants aren't very good, but this is a game we would lose in the past when we thought we were good... The Giants is a trap game if I ever saw one, this will be an easy one to get our boys beat. The Giants are going to be so up for this game, and there is a chance based on our past history that we come in after swallowing the cheese! If we beat the Giants, I'm 100% on board in believing this team has changed.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I don’t need to be convinced, I root for a win every game, one game at a time, if at the end of the year we’re are on top I know I must have enjoyed the season

Romotil45

Reaction score

We will not be real in my mind until we have playoff wins in consecutive seasons.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already celebrating like we are a Super Bowl contender. Because right now, we are as real as anyone in the NFL. We've got a date with Tom Brady in the playoffs.

JayFord

Reaction score
get to a nfccg and we'll start there

this team should have the biggest chip on their shoulder especially after last years disaster

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Let me start by saying this, I'd rather win by 1, then lose. That's the bottom line.

With that said and ironically, it would've been nice if they had totally annihilate
Carolina by 19 or more, pair the win with the blowout of Philly, that sounds more
convincing; it almost seemed that we squeaked by the Panthers.

Hey, like many of you, I like what I'm seeing now. But it's way too early for any
anointment, accolades and awards. Optimism yes, of course.

The point is or answer is, what would convince me that they're real is if they maintain
and improve exponentially what were seeing now and hold the fort in Oct and Nov. That's going to be a very, very
tough stretch of games. That's the first step.

If they survive those months, then here comes Dec and (away division games) play at even a higher level to show dominance and separation.
Accomplish this then I'm convinced. The second step.

Get past these 2 steps and we should all be feeling quite well and convinced.

But being convinced is NOT what we're really looking for!