What will it take to convince you Cowboys are for real this year?

DFWJC

Reaction score
If "for real" means division winners and maybe a playoff win
I like our chances
Especially since we play in the east...which should result in a home playoff game.

Blake

Reaction score
I actually heard jerry is being very reserved media recently asked how good he thinks they can be and he said they are taking it one game at a time.

Just liked your post because of that profile pic. Saw it posted by ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** and bout spit out my drink. Kellen is a genius.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I still think we are a stud terror of a DT away from greatness. I'm also wary of too many opposing teams converting 3rd and long too much on us.

sjmike

Reaction score
Cowboys are for real this year even though Dak is still overpaid. Both can be right at the same time. Oh since we are on this topic, Zeke is also overpaid as well.
Would we be as optimistic or as good if we had gone another way at QB? Not a chance. Case closed

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
not so good panther team
The Panthers are a pretty solid team. They didn't even have all of their pieces. They were missing CMC, and a starting corner. They are not even utilizing Robbie Anderson that much.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
They’re for real in that they’ll be a tough out in the playoffs ( assuming we can stay relatively healthy)

I don’t think this is a SB team, but we’ll see. Get to the playoffs and anything can happen
What does a Super Bowl team look like? The Bucs who barely won against a bad NE team? The Cowboys hung with them. The Chiefs? They have two questionable losses. The Chargers? The Cowboys beat them. The Bills? Who have they played? The Packers? They got stomped week 1. The Cardinals look pretty good.

This team IS a championship contender. Doesn't mean they will win, but to this point in the season, they have looked just as good as anyone else you say is a contender if you apply the same logic with other teams you use against the Cowboys.

jay94

Reaction score
We did hang with TB, but will we hang with them when we don't get 4 TOs?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'll believe this team is for real when our defense stops living of turnovers and start causing more three and outs.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!

Shut down defense when we don't get turnovers

rambo2

Reaction score
I'll believe this team is for real when our defense stops living of turnovers and start causing more three and outs.
The defense is designed to get turnovers. They are doing it intentionally. The players are put into position to make plays by Quinn.

conner01

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!
A full season
You are what your record is

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The defense is designed to get turnovers. They are doing it intentionally. The players are put into position to make plays by Quinn.
Yes, I understand their concept. But I'm more concerned with what will happen if we go through a turnover dry spell. The last thing I want to see is a dry spell in the playoffs.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes, I understand their concept. But I'm more concerned with what will happen if we go through a turnover dry spell. The last thing I want to see is a dry spell in the playoffs.
I doubt that they have a dry spell. The team has a lot of playmakers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Panthers are a pretty solid team. They didn't even have all of their pieces. They were missing CMC, and a starting corner. They are not even utilizing Robbie Anderson that much.
not really they are decent when all are there depending on who they play.
Rule is a idiot in many areas, game mgmt being one of those.
that 54 yd fg try when you have the lead, and a shaky kicker who has missed 2-3 extra points this season, was beyond stupid.

Their game plan was to out pass the cowboys lol. they didnt run hardly at all, same as philly, also some dumb coaches.
I am wondering if giants will try to run on cowboys. They should run heavy, but I doubt they will Joe isnt very bright either.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If "for real" means division winners and maybe a playoff win
I like our chances
Especially since we play in the east...which should result in a home playoff game.
the guys on fox pregame already gave the div to dallas lol, with 13 more games to go!