What will this mean for the future of football?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I appologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, I looked but didn't find a thread on this.

PFT is reporting but I had also heard it on Fox Sports:

The recent finding is that out of 111 donated brain specimens submitted for study, a whopping 110 out of a possible 111 past NFL players showed signs of CTE. An incredble amout for sure.

diefree666

Reaction score
I imagine you would find worse in boxers if they bothered to do the same thing. I am somewhat of the same worry myself- not so much the NFL but college and high schools starting to drop football and parents pushing their kids not to play. PUT that all together and that could be the threat to professional football.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I appologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, I looked but didn't find a thread on this.

The recent finding is that out of 111 donated brain specimens submitted for study, a whopping 110 out of a possible 111 past NFL players showed signs of CTE. An incredble amout for sure.

It means owners will have to up the ante in the form of player salaries and benefits. That, or athletes decide the money just isn't worth it.

haleyrules

Reaction score

WOW. If that is true it will spell the end of the NFL as we know it today.