What will your draft day experience be?

NJ22

Reaction score
It was easy when it was just Saturday and Sunday and my wife or even any of my ex girlfriends back in the day would know I will be unreachable for two days. Now we have to get more creative. I will be taking off Friday to make a weekend out of the draft. Will have my draft info laid out and on the laptop. Will be down at the Jersey Shore sitting at our tiki bar watching. Probably with some seafood and/or pizza from the area and plenty to drink. I am slowly turning a Jet fan friend of mine into a draftnik. He will be there watching too. Last year was the first time he understood why I watch the entire draft every year. Obviously a good amount of people on this board get very into the draft but for fans that don't pay attention to the process (college games, senior bowl practices and game, east west shrine, combine and school pro day workouts, reading every draft expert or wannabe expert you can find) and do some of your own homework are missing out on my favorite time of year. I love it when you have your own list of players and the draft is winding down. And you still know who will probably get snatched up in the compensatory picks because there are still guys available that you have watched and read up on. People will ask us how can you watch past the first round? I always say well if I were you and only knew ten players in this draft I wouldn't watch it all either! I don't always love our teams picks. But I love the draft. Just start the darn thing already!!!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I only watch lpart of the first round. Then dvr it and see who the Cowboys all pick

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Stuck at work like I have been the last three years. It's miserable. Maybe I'll just mysteriously catch a virus that day.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This might be the way to go!

Believe me- it is.
Probably respond to a couple of emo posts in the draft thread...

Laugh some more...
Drink another highball/beer...

Go back to chores or the draft chat/thread and laugh at the extremism.

Then read all the serious threads and blogs/articles about the player(s) selected later in the day.

ceerrece

Reaction score
i will watch the first round with a good friend here at my place, chicken wings, chips, some beers, computer on to maybe chat with you guys too.

fifaguy

Reaction score
I would imagine something along the lines of..

tumblr_m717mtolzP1rnk5nzo1_500.gif

Questfor6

Reaction score
Friends dad turned his upstairs living room into a Man Cave he's appropriately named the "War Room". He's installed 2 TVs so we can watch both networks coverage, too bad most of the people I'll be watching with are all Cleveland fans though.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
  • Besides watching if the Cowboys trade up, down or draft the BPA , (My main hope it is not an embarrassment) it is watching where key players go and the draft trades... what team walks away stealing a player or making biggest leap of faith.....all I really care for is Jerry Jones and the Cowboys restore credibility in all phases of football operations.....and it starts with the draft....i will surely be knee deep with friends and family in the man cave hanging on every report of the draft...for the first round...all I hope for is.... I can stand tall and brag about who the Cowboys pick....

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I'll be at work watching the draft instead of the security cameras on the bigscreen. :)

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I actually do chores around the house with the radio on so I can hear what's happening yet still be preoccupied between picks- with several highballs of whatever I have on hand...

Or, if my girl has already done the chores before work (she works weekends), I smoke a ton of dope and blast classic rock almost as loud as the draft-on-radio and laugh at every pick for reasons I don't even know why...

my new routine come draft day

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I'll watch the first round, or as much of it as I can. Might go to Applebees and grab dinner while it's on.

Otherwise, I'll just keep track of rounds 2-7 on my phone/computer.

NJ22

Reaction score
my new routine come draft day

Lol. It does make sense! Sounds a lot less stressful. The beer and whiskey I will be drinking sure doesn't make me Happy and care free. Forget about the draft, this guy may have shown us the best way to be a cowboy fan period!!

Fredd

Reaction score
Here is my plan (extremely similar to every other year)

Pre-draft: have already taken Friday off from work (hang-over anticipation in case some friends stop to watch round 1); have already advised Mrs Fredd that I will be watching the draft in it's entirety (no honey-do lists during this time :D)
Round 1: Will have the Draft on the TV, likely NFLN (I can't stand ESPN for the most part); will be in here in the chat and have the NFL Draft Spreadsheet up and ready to go and will fill that out; will update by website as we go.....will partake of "several" adult beverages and likely a bunch of Chinese food (my favorite draft-day consumable)
Round 2: Will get all of my yard work and anything else I need to get done by noon or 1:00p. Will partake of multiple conversations on-line throughout the day; rinse and repeat with my round 1 activities with the exception of different food/snacks (likely to crack open my home-made salsa); after each Dallas selection, I will stop by Mrs Fredd to say "hello"
Round 3: Same deal; will be up early to talk draft and who we took already; updating the NFL draft spreadsheet will be more laborious since the picks come much more quickly; around 6:00pm will stop talking draft as I will be on brain overload; will take the dogs outside for a while (assuming it is not raining)
Sunday: sit around in threads/chats and wonder where my weekend went

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I am on call during the week, so no adult beverages for me. This sucks!