What will your reaction be if team loses 31-14?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I thought I’d put this out there to use as an archive of sorts when people start calling for everyone to be fired or cut/traded Sunday night.

IF the game doesn’t go our way and it looks like a repeat of Chiefs/Texans will you say McCarthy was a drastic mistake or they should let Dalton start?

I think this is an outside possibility based off two factors:

1) Offense could struggle without Collins/Frederick and who knows how good Cooper’s health actually is.

2) Defense WILL have confusion against some of McVays schemes and doing more elaborate blitzes that leave vulnerable spots in the secondary. It’s going to take half the year to get it shored up since the team was so basic for last 7 years defensively since Rob Ryan left.

I’m on record that no matter what happens this year McCarthy and staff should not be held accountable for on field performance as long as team is improving throughout the year. This is not Madden and unless the Eagles health is totally diminished it’s going to be very hard to take the East from them this year.

You can’t plug in 4 new starters on offense, 5 on defense and new schemes and expect it to be a finished unit day 1. Goff, Ryan and Wilson are not the 3 QBs you’d want to see out of the gate

As long as they beat teams like Giants and the Football Team soundly who are in the same position, and show the ability to make adjustments throughout the year as they learn what doesn’t work, it’ll be fine for me.

That said I expect a close loss on Sunday but wouldn’t be shocked by anything either direction. Unless the defense pitches a shutout and has 3 picks.
my reaction would be, wow that guy from the forum made an amazing prediction

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as losing 20-17.
It felt like they got outplayed 31-14. Very impressed the defense kept them at bay in the second half.

The loss of Collins is a much bigger problem than anyone wanted to admit.

The team will take their lumps early (0-3) and be ready to roll when Collins comes back and hopefully Lee and LVE later in the year.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Yup, too much of a bother to win games or anything stupid like that, just hold the team hostage for every penny so you can be 8-8 every year, great idea.
The game plan and atrocious D isn't up to him. His stats have been top-tier. If I was him, I would want to get paid higher than Wentz and Goff. The information we receive is coming from the media that no longer has to name their sources. We don’t know the intricacies, caveats and things of that nature of the contracts being proposed and offered.

lqmac1

Reaction score
WHich games did he put on his back and win through his sheer will. And against a better team.

Isn;t that what "superman" does. Isn;t that one the most elite QB's do?

I don;t think he's a hack and I don;t think he's superman either. He doesn't have to be, I think we can win with Dak Prescott. But we MUST have a good defense and decent ST. Just like any other winning team.

Once in awhile...he is gonna have to command this team...BEAT THEM into t a win. IN a crucial time.
Seattle