What will your reaction be if team loses 31-14?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I thought I’d put this out there to use as an archive of sorts when people start calling for everyone to be fired or cut/traded Sunday night.

IF the game doesn’t go our way and it looks like a repeat of Chiefs/Texans will you say McCarthy was a drastic mistake or they should let Dalton start?

I think this is an outside possibility based off two factors:

1) Offense could struggle without Collins/Frederick and who knows how good Cooper’s health actually is.

2) Defense WILL have confusion against some of McVays schemes and doing more elaborate blitzes that leave vulnerable spots in the secondary. It’s going to take half the year to get it shored up since the team was so basic for last 7 years defensively since Rob Ryan left.

I’m on record that no matter what happens this year McCarthy and staff should not be held accountable for on field performance as long as team is improving throughout the year. This is not Madden and unless the Eagles health is totally diminished it’s going to be very hard to take the East from them this year.

You can’t plug in 4 new starters on offense, 5 on defense and new schemes and expect it to be a finished unit day 1. Goff, Ryan and Wilson are not the 3 QBs you’d want to see out of the gate

As long as they beat teams like Giants and the Football Team soundly who are in the same position, and show the ability to make adjustments throughout the year as they learn what doesn’t work, it’ll be fine for me.

That said I expect a close loss on Sunday but wouldn’t be shocked by anything either direction. Unless the defense pitches a shutout and has 3 picks.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought I’d put this out there to use as an archive of sorts when people start calling for everyone to be fired or cut/traded Sunday night.

IF the game doesn’t go our way and it looks like a repeat of Chiefs/Texans will you say McCarthy was a drastic mistake or they should let Dalton start?

I think this is an outside possibility based off two factors:

1) Offense could struggle without Collins/Frederick and who knows how good Cooper’s health actually is.

2) Defense WILL have confusion against some of McVays schemes and doing more elaborate blitzes that leave vulnerable spots in the secondary. It’s going to take half the year to get it shored up since the team was so basic for last 7 years defensively since Rob Ryan left.

I’m on record that no matter what happens this year McCarthy and staff should not be held accountable for on field performance as long as team is improving throughout the year. This is not Madden and unless the Eagles health is totally diminished it’s going to be very hard to take the East from them this year.

You can’t plug in 4 new starters on offense, 5 on defense and new schemes and expect it to be a finished unit day 1. Goff, Ryan and Wilson are not the 3 QBs you’d want to see out of the gate

As long as they beat teams like Giants and the Football Team soundly who are in the same position, and show the ability to make adjustments throughout the year as they learn what doesn’t work, it’ll be fine for me.

That said I expect a close loss on Sunday but wouldn’t be shocked by anything either direction. Unless the defense pitches a shutout and has 3 picks.
I'll track you down by your by your IP address and then post your name, address and phone number with a story about how you were a spy for the other team while working as Jerry's personal assistant...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If we lost say, 27-24 (and let’s say it came down to the last quarter, not that garbage time B.S.), I wouldn’t be too upset. It was close, and likely a rusty game coming off a rough offseason with no press on.

if we lost, 31-21, I’d be a little more upset. I expect more out of the team. Depending on what side of the ball caused the most turmoil, (did the defense let the Rams hold lots of time of possession? Did the offense just flat out not make noise? Was it the O-line? Secondary?) then I’ll properly address what part of the team went wrong and hope they can access it next game.

31-14 is a different story. It’s practically a blow out in my book. I’d be pretty upset. This team is capable of much more, and while the Rams are a very playoff possible team, they aren’t completely formidable, at least not when it comes to comparable talent on the Cowboys. I’d say it could be the beginning of a bad season, but it would only be Week 1. Saints have had a bad first few weeks for many seasons, and look how well they’ve done (despite consistent playoff failure and miracle plays). I’d remain calm, but my worry would begin to grow.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
I’d be furious. We dismantled them in December. We have a better team now. I’m not sure the Rams do. This is a game McCarthy should win. The thing I always liked about him in Green Bay is it never felt like they had the wrong game plan...even when Matt Flynn was the quarterback. Garrett had the wrong game plan 6 times a year it felt like.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For me, it always depends on why we lost. If it's because of struggles with the changes in coaching, I can live with that. It's early and without the normal offseason some should be expected.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’d be furious. We dismantled them in December. We have a better team now. I’m not sure the Rams do. This is a game McCarthy should win. The thing I always liked about him in Green Bay is it never felt like they had the wrong game plan...even when Matt Flynn was the quarterback. Garrett had the wrong game plan 6 times a year it felt like.
Is it a better team THIS week?

No Byron
No La’El
No Frederick
Cooper - 50-50

Additions:
Jarwin more playing time over Witten
Lamb and Cobb are at best a wash until Lamb actually plays an NFL game
Griffin probably a bit of an upgrade over Quinn overall
Crawford hopefully better than Maliek at the 3T
Poe gives a much better 1T against the run but how much will he play in passing downs?

Londonboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
You cant tell what you have for about 4 weeks sometimes. Well you can usually count out at least 18-20 teams from being contenders even before the season starts. I expect dallas to be good but not contenders. Think they will be quite a bit of bumps in the road but I can see 9-7. Rough schedule.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
What if he has no time to throw and he doesn’t have Cooper? Gallup is not a true #1 and Lamb has never played an NFL game yet.
Don’t care. Mahomes was still putting up video game numbers when His #1 option was injured, his first string running back suspended, and Sammy Watkins going AWOL.

Same with Wilson who routinely has a poor receiving corps.

I’m not saying Dak should put up 3TDs a game but there is no reason a cowboys led offense shouldn’t score at least an 21 points a game.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I mean... life goes on. We started 3-0 last year so the begging of a season, especially with all new everything, isn’t necessarily a must win. However, if it’s late in the year and we’re making a playoff push and have a result like that, I’d be upset.

fredp22

Reaction score
nothing
all new coaches and no preseason. it may take a few games to get the team on track.
for the heck of it I looked at the 1st Cowboy game coached by Parcells- we lost 27-13. I'll have the same reaction as that game which is not much

lqmac1

Reaction score
Tittle: “What’s your favorite Christmas gift?”

Guaranteed response every time: “If Dak isn’t Superman, we should move on after this year”

Like, we get it dude, you want Dak out for no valid reason whatsoever and wrong thread btw!!!!