What will your reaction be if team loses 31-14?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean has he not been especially for a fourth round pick? He would go first overall if that draft was redone. It’s hard to recall a game that he lost for us, or a crucial interception/fumble. So-called experts said that he would be a project and a back up quarterback at best. The dude has straight up balled out and if I were in his shoes, I would ask for more

WHich games did he put on his back and win through his sheer will. And against a better team.

Isn;t that what "superman" does. Isn;t that one the most elite QB's do?

I don;t think he's a hack and I don;t think he's superman either. He doesn't have to be, I think we can win with Dak Prescott. But we MUST have a good defense and decent ST. Just like any other winning team.

Once in awhile...he is gonna have to command this team...BEAT THEM into t a win. IN a crucial time.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Dak hasn’t made a Laurent Robinson type a #1. That’s the definition of a superstar QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only 12 attempts in each game so it gets skewed. For example in the Buff game he had a 30 yard run. Take that away and is YPC is under 4. When you pay so much money to a RB and an OL in a cap environment you need to be better than we were last year. The Cowboys could not run the ball when they needed to last year and that was the biggest problem, not Dak. Zeke only went over 100 yards once in a loss and that was when he got 28 carries. They need to be better running the ball in short yardage and in the red zone than last year. Maybe the problem was Zeke, maybe it was the OL, maybe it was the play calling or more pointedly (and what I think) the predictability of the sets we lined up in that telegraphed what we were doing. I don't assign blame, just pointing out what needs to be better.

But of course Dak had some big spots where he needs to be better too, but also had a fractured finger for the Bears and Rams games and a shoulder problem late in the year. He shouldn't even have been playing in the Eagles game. He had to not only get a shot before the game, but at halftime too. If Dak can repeat 2019 for the rest of his career this team is going to have a lot of playoff success, a lot. Now the defense last year in big spots...don't even get me started on that
1. Take away the big runs from any RB and the avg will usually be 3 or so. Poor evaluation technique.
2. Of course it was too few carries. However, the argument was made that he didn't have good games against good teams. He did, but wasn't given enough carries. Playcalling isn't a good way to evaluate RB's.

The 100 yard thingie as an evaluation technique is weak. That's more of a fan thing.

Zeke underperformed last season, that is true. Why? I think he wasn't in the shape he needed to be in. That's what it looked like. However, part of his problem from the start is how often he gets met by defenders way behind the LOS. That was on JG, who was clueless in running the ball. JG made it obvious the team was going to run the ball, so the defenders simply came in willy nilly. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

You should see a big improvement on running the ball under McC.

Yaknow, aside from your first 2 sentences, I pretty much agree w/ everything else you said.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, hold it......that was a serious question?

Easy answer. More whiskey.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke averaged 5.9 vs the Bills and 5.2 vs. the Packers last year.

Might want to check facts before you say stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PJ gave hardline a loaded question...revealing his agenda. No facts involved he just wants to attack fans he THINKS don;t worship Dak.

zerofill

Reaction score
Winning is a welcomed surprise... So won't phase me much anymore.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe we are going to be, on average, a .500 team this year. Maybe a game one way or the other. The telling season will be next season and the season after that IMO. 21/22 and 22/23 are the money ball years IMO. If we don't win one in those two years, I think you see this team torn apart and rebuilt.

JMO

We'll be..."on average"....."average"? LOL...sorry...this struck me as odd and funny.

Mannix

Reaction score
I would say for the 100th time that we should have hired Urban Meyer...and for the 1,000,000th time that The Clapping Carrot should have been fired 7 years ago.