CFZ What would a win over the Eagles mean

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some one made a thread saying next weeks game is not a must win. However, here is what a win or a loss means as to % of winning the division.
yes, many more games to go.

No playoffs is currently at 23% and a win moves us to 13%. A loss drops us to 25%. A win increases our HFA from 11% to 18%
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboyswhatif.html

An Eagles win or loss does not change much of anything for them. It just increases their HFA to 65% from 55%. A loss also decreases their chance for the division from 55% to minus 37%. If I looked at that correctly.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/eagleswhatif.html

So this game means more to Dallas than it does the Eagles as far as that goes. Therefore to me it is a must win to put ourselves in control of the NFCE. Also on the path to HFA. As we are tied with Seattle at 11% for that behind Philly
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/eaglesstandings.html

Beat Philly, then they have a bye week, we play the Panthers. We can get even with the Eagles at 7-2, but technically be in first with the 1 game head to head.
So Dallas can control it's own destiny with a win.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It means almost nothing after seeing the collapse of the 49ers. The goal posts will continue to change. The Cowboys have to win a Super Bowl. That is all that matters. If we lose we are still in great position to make the playoffs. If we win we have a chance to get to 9-2 because it appears the Giants, Carolina, and Washington are done.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Another game against a bully. But we know this bully quite well, and actually whip him on a regular basis.

Philly is a very good team, but not as good as they were last year as they are giving up some points on D, and scuffling on offense at times. Dallas is starting to put things together at the right time.

Gonna be a dog fight in a nasty place to play. Huge game for Dallas. We will know a lot about the Cowboys on Sunday night

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've played a couple bad defenses our last 2 outings.
Beating the Eagles means playoffs. Losing means no playoffs IMO and 10-7 best case.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If we win a certain group of people on here will say they were not very good and we have not beaten anyone yet.

I guarantee.
Keep poking the bear.... the Rams are 3-5, so guess what? The Rams aren't very good.

Giants - 2-6
Jets - 4-3
Patriots - 2-6
Chargers - 3-4

Are you seeing a trend here?

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
No other reason for this fan, but kick their pompous butts! :starspin:

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I think it would mean a lot simply because this is the type of game Dallas doesn’t show up for while it’s the exact kind of game where Philly tends to flex its muscles.

Biag

Reaction score
It means almost nothing after seeing the collapse of the 49ers. The goal posts will continue to change. The Cowboys have to win a Super Bowl. That is all that matters. If we lose we are still in great position to make the playoffs. If we win we have a chance to get to 9-2 because it appears the Giants, Carolina, and Washington are done.
My son-in-law is an Eagles fan and he constantly asks me who has the best record. I tell him every rime it doesn't matter. Dallas has to at least make the NFC championship game or its a bad season. If Philly doesn't win it all it wont be good enough. Only thing they need to do during the regulars season is win enough to get in and try to stay healthy.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think it'll show we have a legitimate chance to compete.

I can see it's a good time to play the eagles they are not playing their best football right now.
A win against them would certainly be a confidence builder and help put that loss to the niners way in the rearview mirror.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
We trounced the Rams, and Philly was in a slug fest. I wish the roles were reversed as I like our chances better when we fight for a win. I hope physiology doesn't have a hand in this.
We usually have our way with Philly, so that's a factor too.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We trounced the Rams, and Philly was in a slug fest. I wish the roles were reversed as I like our chances better when we fight for a win. I hope physiology doesn't have a hand in this.
We usually have our way with Philly, so that's a factor too.
I think Philly got caught lookin ahead bc their defense didn’t show up yesterday. I don’t see us putting 30 on them.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Cowboys must play well to prove the team has some mental consistency. Too many times we've seen them get a big win and start celebrating their a force. Fans start talking SB and the team lays an egg. A win would be great but they must play well even if they lose.