CFZ What would a win over the Eagles mean

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He entered the game with a knee injury, looks like it got re-injured.....

Also there's this

Let the mind games begin. The will play this all week long as they could play.
Doesn't matter. Dallas just needs to prepare the game plan as if the Eagles are fully healthy.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Why does every conversation thread on here have to poke the realists in here like me, who simply state that we have to beat a winning team in order to say we have proven something? To be honest, a fan like me for over 35 years is quite entitled to voice an opinion without being called a hater and I have 30 years of fandom to speak about. Rant over, as nothing is being done to control those on here who refuse to allow others to state opinions.

That being said, to me this game is massive as we had this same conversation when we played the 9ers, and the best outcome we had from this loss was that the 9ers have collapsed since. It is pretty simple what this game means: beat the Iggles and we are tied atop the East, prove that we can play against the top teams and be in terrfic contention to win not only the East, but have a shot at the 1 seed...all this is important why? It is very clear we are a different team at home then we are on the road....

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Expect a heavyweight slugfest that is decided on the last series of the game unless the Cowboys have issues at LT and can't run the ball. Battle for 1st place, Baby.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
We've played a couple bad defenses our last 2 outings.
Beating the Eagles means playoffs. Losing means no playoffs IMO and 10-7 best case.
It’s the NFC. The Cowboys could lose both games to Philly and they will still make the playoffs. Nonetheless, winning a game like this indicates the Cowboys can be successful in the playoffs.

Dakota

Reaction score
He entered the game with a knee injury, looks like it got re-injured.....

Also there's this

I hope the injury news just keeps getting worse for them. I don't care what circumstances we win under as long as we win. Let's hope one of those mysterious flu like viruses sweeps through their locker room Saturday before the game and sidelines most of their starters

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Expect a heavyweight slugfest that is decided on the last series of the game unless the Cowboys have issues at LT and can't run the ball. Battle for 1st place, Baby.
I think it won’t be that

There are a few things we can bank on happening just from team trends. Dallas isn’t running like they have in the past, and Philadelphia has given up the fewest rush yards in the NFL even though they’ve played more games than many teams who’ve already had their byes. On the flipside, Philadelphia is susceptible to intermediate passes if the opposing QB gets extended time to throw, the big drawback to all zone schemes.

In all Dallas wins, their defense has sparked their offense with turnovers either repeatedly setting up the offense in opponent’s territory or straight scoring D TD’s. In the games they weren’t doing those things, NYG/LAC/ARI/SF, Dallas either won close over an overmatched opponent, or heavily struggled to find an identity. Philadelphia, though, has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. Dallas seems like the least likely candidate for the Eagles to suddenly fix the turnover issues against.

Either Dallas has a Jeckyll and Hyde game and Philly wins 38-17, or Dallas throws the ball all over the field like Kellen Moore was still there and Dallas wins 41-30. I would genuinely be shocked if it was one of those 17-17 games at the end where we’re battling to see who can get their kicker close enough to end it

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I hope the injury news just keeps getting worse for them. I don't care what circumstances we win under as long as we win. Let's hope one of those mysterious flu like viruses sweeps through their locker room Saturday before the game and sidelines most of their starters
That’s the spirit.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
It would mean that our all time series lead against the Eagle goes up to 74-55!!lol. Honestly, we are still the Eagles daddy!! A divisional game against the hated Eagles on the road, anytime we kick their ***** makes it an early Christmas gift for Cowboys nation. Longtime Eagle hater since 1977.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hmmm..that win may have had a heavy cost yesterday for the Iggles.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
On the road vs. the Division champs, doesn't get any better.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Some one made a thread saying next weeks game is not a must win. However, here is what a win or a loss means as to % of winning the division.
yes, many more games to go.

No playoffs is currently at 23% and a win moves us to 13%. A loss drops us to 25%. A win increases our HFA from 11% to 18%
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboyswhatif.html

An Eagles win or loss does not change much of anything for them. It just increases their HFA to 65% from 55%. A loss also decreases their chance for the division from 55% to minus 37%. If I looked at that correctly.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/eagleswhatif.html

So this game means more to Dallas than it does the Eagles as far as that goes. Therefore to me it is a must win to put ourselves in control of the NFCE. Also on the path to HFA. As we are tied with Seattle at 11% for that behind Philly
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/eaglesstandings.html

Beat Philly, then they have a bye week, we play the Panthers. We can get even with the Eagles at 7-2, but technically be in first with the 1 game head to head.
So Dallas can control it's own destiny with a win.
If it ain't a must win, it's dang close. Yeah, Philly has a tough gauntlet of games coming up, but so do we a bit later on in the season. It's best to control our destiny than hope 3 other teams do what we couldn't.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
It would mean that we continue to fare very well against them, a trend some just won't acknowledge. A win next week would be ecstatic and put fear and doubt in their hearts.
I can see some matchups work in our favor but philly looks good ya know

32BellyOption

Reaction score
One thing for sure is it is NOT a must win game. Although a win would be huge to build confidence. But it is a game that IF the Cowboys show up and bro g their “A” game they can and should win. I no longer worry about the opponent, I worry about the Cowboys and which team will show up. Consistency is what I’m looking for.

LysleE

Reaction score
All of the Cowboys’ victories have been against teams with losing records, except the Jets, but they played with Zack Wilson as QB…and he is certainly not Aaron Rodgers.
The Cowboys are doing what the Cowboys historically do…they look like world-beaters against losing teams, but then don’t show up for the big games like the one coming up in Philly.
Winning in Philly would be a statement game for the Cowboys…yes they won convincingly over the Rams, but the Eagles are definitely not the Rams and Dallas will have to play a physical, disciplined game to win; and Dak must play mistake-free ball.