What would be the worst thing that could happen to our current season?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I always found the concept of people saying they're tanking to be quiet odd. So what happens exactly, you have a team meeting and say hey guys, all the hard work you did all summer and what you put your body through, we're just going to lose games on purpose so we can TRY and be better next year
Usually teams in a position to tank don't really have to try to lose. I don't think tanking is normally a thing. You can say the dolphins trading away everyone with anything is tanking, but you can also just call it rebuilding.

I think the worst thing happening is to be eliminated from playoff contention and then continue winning games to hurt our draft spot.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys go 9 and 8
Miss out on the really premium draft picks,
this record gives this front office hope that we are not really that bad, and they run it back again next season.
Freaking bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They sure as hell know how to sell us about a 500 season like it's the greatest thing ever, man you're spot on!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Usually teams in a position to tank don't really have to try to lose. I don't think tanking is normally a thing. You can say the dolphins trading away everyone with anything is tanking, but you can also just call it rebuilding.

I think the worst thing happening is to be eliminated from playoff contention and then continue winning games to hurt our draft spot.
agree!!!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The off-season leading up to the season.

At this point, we're in a soft rebuild that won't really kick off until next season

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
hovering around .500, missing the playoffs, and getting stuck with mid-to late-round picks.
That's bad, but not as bad as 11+ wins, making the playoffs, and getting throttled.

This team is not built for a deep post season run, and has no real shot at winning the SB without some drastic personnel changes

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's bad, but not as bad as 11+ wins, making the playoffs, and getting throttled.

This team is not built for a deep post season run, and has no real shot at winning the SB without some drastic personnel changes
try telling Jerry that he'll laugh in your face

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the NFL sees that their most popular franchise is in trouble and they arrange a Super Bowl appearance for them.
The Cowboys vs Taylor Swift and the Chiefs would really capitalize on the NFL's popularity. Taylor and Travis could get married before the game or at halftime.
But who would they choose to win?
Drama, drama, drama.
I think he takes Taylor Swift, right there on the field ,that’s a halftime show

jgboys1

Reaction score
I am adding a option #6.

I would say, going 12-5 and losing in the first round.

Jerry would think we are close and would sign more of our underperforming talent to more ridiculous contracts.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. Keep winning games
2. We continue to lose games
3. Season ending injury to a top player on this team
4. It can't get any worse?????
5. We make a trade giving up draft capital for next season

Please give your thoughts
The worst thing would be getting punked by our hated rivals and then winning all the other games paving the way to another worthless playoff seeding and picking in the early 20s for the draft.

Best case scenario: we beat all of our hated rivals, lose the rest, miss the playoffs and pick in the early teens.

The moron in me though wants us to make the playoffs and shock the world but we already know that's not happening.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Option 4 but only if we trade for one peice and pretend like it will change much. Either go all in and fill the holes or rebuild and keep the draft picks.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1. Keep winning games
2. We continue to lose games
3. Season ending injury to a top player on this team
4. It can't get any worse?????
5. We make a trade giving up draft capital for next season

Please give your thoughts
We go 10-7, exit the playoffs in the first round then settle in for No. 20 draft pick and repeat this 28-year cycle.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
1. If we keep winning somehow, which we won’t. We’ll eventually get exposed in December or into the playoffs. Same old.