What would be the worst thing that could happen to our current season?

wecasa

Reaction score
Continued sell outs at Jerry world despite the poor product on the field. Cowboys still top the franchise value chart. Jerry does nothing different.

kskboys

Reaction score
So by not being active in acquiring talent? You can't tell me they go to their guys and say hey hey hey don't give it all you got
Pretty much.

Tanking costs you draft picks. So it cannot be obvious/provable. It's more along the lines of calling plays that won't work, not playing the correct players/schemes, maybe putting someone on IR that isn't hurt(Kitna w/ DET). Jimmy Johnson was the best tanker I've ever seen, led to 3 super bowls. Jimmy let the players walk from the Herschel trade because he wanted the draft picks. Tank.

If some FO were dumb enough to include the players in the tank job, it would get out and would cost the tanking team major resources.

Creeper

Reaction score
If we keep winning games and wind up in the playoffs again, then it will confirm to Jerry his approach of sitting on his hands in the off-season works. And it would be hard to argue he is wrong.

Regardless of what we want or think, the games will be played and the record will be what the Cowboys deserve. IMO, I think they win 6 games because I cannot see how Jerry's offseason strategy could possibly be good. Now what I fear is Jerry will blame it on injuries to Lawrence and Parsons, ignoring the two beatdowns by NO and Baltimore when those two were in the game.

I think Jerry has to realize he is leaving meat on the bone in the off-season when he won't spring for talent in free agency. He won't until the Cowboys take an embarrassing beating.

ICP

Reaction score
This. Jerry still able to try and sell his "hanging around the rim BS to the suckers here that still buy it. Both of them.
So far this year they don't look like they're hanging around the rim, looks more like they are getting ready to swirl down the toilet