What would be your thoughts on Marv Lewis as a Defensive Coordinator?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We didn’t fair that well with Rob Ryan. May be the players.
Can’t be worse than Rod or Richard right now. I’d give him a shot.
Lewis in his day may have been one of the best DC's ever. Probably in the top 5

However its been a long time sincr he ran a defense. He was more a CEO type HC most of his career in Cincy. My concern would be that its been a very long time since he wore that hat

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Just stop.

Totally classless move to interview a guy for HC to satisfy Rooney then turn around and offer him a lesser job.

EJK24

Reaction score
My problem with him or anyone else is we are talking about a coordinator before having a head coach. Head coach needs to hire his own people and that would be the place to start. McCarthy supposedly already wanted Haslem on his staff as DC so if he were to be hired and he was forced to take Lewis? We are right back to talking about forcing coordinators on our puppet coach and all that goes with it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My problem with him or anyone else is we are talking about a coordinator before having a head coach. Head coach needs to hire his own people and that would be the place to start. McCarthy supposedly already wanted Haslem on his staff as DC so if he were to be hired and he was forced to take Lewis? We are right back to talking about forcing coordinators on our puppet coach and all that goes with it.
Thats a real concern tbh

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just stop.

Totally classless move to interview a guy for HC to satisfy Rooney then turn around and offer him a lesser job.
Let's make this all about social justice, shall we?

Here is the deal. If he agreed to the interview, he is disrespecting himself to the same level you believe the organization is being "classless".

That is just as much on him as it is on anyone else. He has free will.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would prefer we hire a coach first and then that coach would interview assistants and make his hire of the guy who fits him the best.