What would be your thoughts on Marv Lewis as a Defensive Coordinator?

quickccc

Reaction score
I've already mentioned in a previous posting, so i can use again here;
more and more, i'm researching Marvin Lewis as a possible DC here.

He ran a defense that eventually became dominant with Baltimore from 1996-2001,
Lewis' unit once set a NFL record for fewest points allowed in a 16 game season.

He ran a 4-3 scheme, and he had big power boys up the middle DT interior with Sam Adams and Tony Sirgusa.

That personnel preference alone would be a start to the grave need to change how we play defense.

MikeT22

Reaction score
There has been some talk in the media that Lewis could be a name to remember in term of the defensive coordinator position.

What would your thoughts be if Lewis was our next defensive coordinator?

I want the next HC to hire his own staff. I'd assume that if Lewis were to be hired as the DC after interviewing for the HC position that it'd mean Jerry hired him.

Of course I think we all know Jerry isn't going to allow the next HC the simple basic authority to hire his own staff. Jerry wants to have his hands in every aspect and try to be the grand orchestrator. He's tried that for most of the last 25 years and it doesn't work. But this isn't about doing what is best to try and win, it's about Jerry having fun playing fantasy football with a real team.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Lewis as head coach vs Lewis as defense coordinator are completely different I say hell yes as defense coord and hell naw as head coach.
I also would be content to see lewis as defense coordinator. the man knows how to coach defense. he was horrible as a head coach against winning teams the same way garrett has been.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If thats who the new coach wants, fine. Otherwise new coach should build his own staff.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There has been some talk in the media that Lewis could be a name to remember in term of the defensive coordinator position.

What would your thoughts be if Lewis was our next defensive coordinator?

Only if he is hired by the Head Coach...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I disagree, he isn't working - I'm sure he'd be happy to take a few million dollars to run the Cowboys defense. Would you?

He was once the most sought after D coordinator in the league - he would be a great addition.

Gee. You interview for a HC position but would be happy paid a fraction to do a lesser role because 16 years ago people liked him in that role?

Wow. Just wow at your stupid

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pass......

I'm tired of saddling Head Coaches with craptastic Coordinators already picked for them. Let the HC pick his own staff.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Some fans see "Meh" and they are like

"do you take Visa, i need that in my life"

a lot of fans are going to get excited if Dan Campbell is looked at.

kevm3

Reaction score
Not sure I would want Lewis as HC, but to say he is on the same level as Garrett is dishonest. He has never had the talent that Garrett has had. Coaching with convicts and castoffs in Cincinnati is not comparable to coaching with some of the best talent the Cowboys have ever had.