What would be your thoughts on Marv Lewis as a Defensive Coordinator?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've always liked Lewis. And he only coordinated one of the best defenses in NFL history.

But of course that should be the HC's call.

zack

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be awful if he was interviewing for the defensive coordinator job.......for Garrett...

ultron

Reaction score
Just stop.

Totally classless move to interview a guy for HC to satisfy Rooney then turn around and offer him a lesser job.
I disagree, he isn't working - I'm sure he'd be happy to take a few million dollars to run the Cowboys defense. Would you?

He was once the most sought after D coordinator in the league - he would be a great addition.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
The talent on our defense is vastly overrated, and I doubt Lewis can help these guys.

We need a sacrificial lamb that’s willing to get fired in a few years after we upgrade the talent. Perhaps Campos again?

ultron

Reaction score
The talent on our defense is vastly overrated, and I doubt Lewis can help these guys.

We need a sacrificial lamb that’s willing to get fired in a few years after we upgrade the talent. Perhaps Campos again?
Za'Darius and Preston smith drastically changed Green Bay's defense in one offseason. The Cowboys need a DT or 2 and a safety.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes, this scenario is scaring the crap out of me.
Nah... for real. I've been kidding, but relax.
Let this play.
The team got their Rooney Rule done.
They're looking at NFL HC's and next is some Assistants after the playoff eliminations start their attrition...o
I say all signs point to Meyer with strong assistants.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Lewis as head coach vs Lewis as defense coordinator are completely different I say hell yes as defense coord and hell naw as head coach.

Exactly....Lewis was in over his head as a head coach...team was undisciplined. But people forget he was the defensive coordinator of that Ravens 2000 defense. Best defense ever in my opinion. Maybe he can do for Vander Esch what he did for Ray Lewis......get a couple of big DTs...and let him take over the middle....and make plays.