What would have a healthy Romo done in 2016?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I prefer the question of "What if Romo had been the Patriots QB instead of Brady. How many Super Bowls would Romo have won?"

Answer: Probably not 6 like Brady, but definitely would have won some.

Exactly there were several that would've done some good stuff with that Franchise. Better question how many would TB12 had won with the same franchise Romo played for?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We scored 31 points in the playoffs against Green Bay in 2016 with Dak passing for over 300 yards, 3 TD passes and Zeke rushed for 125 yards and we still lost. I doubt you’ll find a playoff game in the history of the franchise where the Cowboys had better performances from their QB and RB while putting up 30+ points and still lost. No matter how well we play offensively including the play of our QB our defense has no answers for Aaron Rodgers. To defend him you need a relentless interior pass rush. You have to corral him. If you flush him out of the pocket he’ll make a play. You have to put him on the ground! We don’t have the pass rush and probably never will to defend Aaron Rodgers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The two times we faced Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs both our QBs played great and both our lead backs put up 120+ rushing yards and we still lost! Like I said earlier in the thread it makes no difference who the Cowboys have at QB because our defense can’t defend Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs. He owns the Cowboys! Dak went toe to toe with Rodgers twice in 2016 and came away 1-1. I can’t see us ever beating him in a playoff game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Bungling those rare opportunities with narrow-minded thinking is an utter waste.

Yep, it's hard enough for everything to go well enough to give you a legit opportunity but to then put yourself in an almost unwinnable position simply due to decision making is ..... heart breaking.

Ken

Reaction score
I don't know if we win the Super Bowl, but we would've at least beat Green Bay.

If I remember correctly wasn't Green Bay missing their 2 starting CBs that game?

Romo would have known how to take advantage of that and wouldn't have waited until we're already down 28-13 going into the 4th quarter to do anything.

Dak was being Dak all the way back in year 1. Do nothing for 3 quarters, go down by a few TDs, and then put up empty stats in a losing effort to bring the game closer and give his fangirls something to brag about.
But when Stafford does it, it is ELITE qbing.

:facepalm:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
probably at least beat GB at home. but you are talking about Garrett, so most probably lose a heart breaker in the next game

Romo (Cowboys actually) was on a good team that could not get past Rodgers in the playoffs, again if it were all about the QB then the Lions would have a SB as Stafford is a SB winning QB.....But i would have loved to see a healthy Romo anytime as i was a fan of his also.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you bringing up a Super Bowl champion again to try and defend Dak?

You're never gonna learn, are ya?

Matt Stafford was an 0-3 playoff QB in 14 years in Detroit until he ended up on a loaded team in LA that had Aaron Donald, Von Miller and Jalen Ramsey on defense. Stafford had a defense that closed out the Super Bowl with a sack. When’s the last time the Cowboys had a defense like that? Lol You’re never going to learn why the Cowboys keep coming up short because it doesn’t fit with your agenda.

Ken

Reaction score
Are you bringing up a Super Bowl champion again to try and defend Dak?

You're never gonna learn, are ya?
Ok.....Justin Herbert.

So dreamy that he almost won that game against the Raiders down 29-14. GUTSY.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Matt Stafford was an 0-3 playoff QB in 14 years in Detroit until he ended up on a loaded team in LA that had Aaron Donald, Von Miller and Jalen Ramsey on defense. Stafford had a defense that closed out the Super Bowl with a sack. When’s the last time the Cowboys had a defense like that? Lol You’re never going to learn why the Cowboys keep coming up short.
I like how you said Matt Stafford was 0-3, as if he lost those games all by himself, but then when he gets himself a ring you start bringing up everyone around him all of sudden.

You guys really make it too easy to see through your agendas.

Literally nobody takes you seriously because of this stuff.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Matt Stafford was an 0-3 playoff QB in 14 years in Detroit until he ended up on a loaded team in LA that had Aaron Donald, Von Miller and Jalen Ramsey on defense. Stafford had a defense that closed out the Super Bowl with a sack. When’s the last time the Cowboys had a defense like that? Lol You’re never going to learn why the Cowboys keep coming up short.

Too be honest Goff had a lesser Rams team in the SB before Stafford came..I dont see anyone saying how great Goff is. Stafford is good but he didnt get better he got a MUCH better situation. Which once again proves if it was just a QB league then Detroit would already have a SB unless Stafford was not "Playing his best" for the lions. I'm sure Goff would've liked to add those pieces Stafford had while still getting the "All they needed was a QB" status. All they needed was a QB and an all pro CB, LB, WR, another all pro WR showed up also ...but yeah it was all Stafford over Goff the only diference.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Full edit:

Ok.....Justin Herbert.

So dreamy that he almost won that game against the Raiders down 29-14. GUTSY.
Hey. The Cowboys almost won a game against the Raiders too!

Man, them pesky Raiders.

P.S. The Raiders and Chargers both have better QBs than the Cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I like how you said Matt Stafford was 0-3, as if he lost those games all by himself, but then when he gets himself a ring you start bringing up everyone around him all of sudden.

You guys really make it too easy to see through your agendas.

Literally nobody takes you seriously because of this stuff.

Matt Stafford had a losing QB record in Detroit and despite having a loaded team and offense in LA he led the league in INTs. He threw picks sixes and three straight games this past season. I’ve never heard of any QB doing that. Lol He had two INTs in the Super Bowl bowl but got bailed out by great receivers and his defense. Anyone who knows football takes me seriously. Only the Dak haters like poopydog take you seriously. You get bashed every day on this board by knowledgeable fans because of your tiring agenda

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Most likley, we showed it in 2014 with almost the exact same team plan and scenario. Truth is JG is not an NFL HC, because he isnt' good now and wasn't good then.

Exactly, if HYPOTHETICALLY Parcells were to have stuck around till then, then I think we might've won the SB with Dak or Romo this year. With Garrett, a championship was never going to happen.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Matt Stafford had a losing QB record in Detroit and despite having a loaded team and offense in LA he led the league in INTs. He threw picks sixes and three straight games this past season. I’ve never heard of any QB doing that. Lol He had two INTs in the Super Bowl bowl but got bailed out by great receivers and his defense. Anyone who knows football takes me seriously. Only the Dak haters like poopydog take you seriously. You get bashed every day on this board by knowledgeable fans because of your tiring agenda
Literally nobody takes you seriously.

You have no idea what you're talking about and even less of an idea about what you see on the field on Sundays.