What would it do to Lance if Dak were given a new deal?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
To know that they gave up a 4th round pick for him, somewhere there had to be some kind of mention that he'd have a potential to earn playing time. If they ended up extending Dak, what does Lance do accept being the backup, or demand a trade??

I know we're talking about the same things, please don't be rude about it and stay on topic!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
To know that they gave up a 4th round pick for him, somewhere there had to be some kind of mention that he'd have a potential to earn playing time. If they ended up extending Dak, what does Lance do accept being the backup, or demand a trade??

I know we're talking about the same things, please don't be rude about it and stay on topic!
Demand a trade, of course. A player with his resume should not have to suffer the indignity of another year as a back up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Demand a trade, of course. A player with his resume should not have to suffer the indignity of another year as a back up.
His resume? He has a 2-2 record and ended up the third QB in SF. After being dumped after only two seasons at least he’s being given an opportunity to be the #2 QB. Some of you need to get over his top 5 draft status. That doesn’t entitle him to anything. Right now he’s just trying salvage his NFL career.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Trade Lance right now for at least a high 4th round pick. Cowboys need draft picks this year.
Agreed AC a high forth round pick could be our running back or an offensive lineman.
We got a lot of holes to fill and another quarterback just sitting on the bench all year is not what we need.
A well thought out draft pick that could play a lot of snaps this year would make a lot more sense

Flamma

Reaction score

He doesn't have to demand a trade. He won't be under contract.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could show case him in PS games. As if a QB is injured, he could bring a decent 2025 draft pick(s).
Or possibly a player for player and draft picks trade. Depends how desperate another team may be.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
as much as I’m interested to see if Lance can develop…his contract calls for 5 million this year with the option for his 5th year at around 25 million, that’s too expensive for a developing player, he should be traded or given the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

Havic

Reaction score
Lance has to show something in preseason or dak gets hurt and he shows something in the regular season.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Think the best option if Prescott resigns is play him most of the preseason and see if he is any good. Then if a QB goes down during the season trade him then.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Lance is officially a backup now. Nobody is picking up that 5th year option to have him start. I guess Dallas could reach a deal with him as a backup to prevent him from hitting free agency. Lance would be wise to go for the backup spot in Dallas and wait to see how things pan out with Dak. At best he'll be signed somewhere (possibly even Dallas) to compete for a starting spot which might pay him a little more than a straight up backup role. Unfortunately for Dallas, even Trey Lance has leverage over the team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DAK will NOT be extended so the question is irrelevant.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with this, i'd feel the same as he felt, time for him to be able to show he can attempt to do something in this league

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes he will and you know it, jerry can't help it
LOL....Ok bud to each his own but he better be extended before kick-off cause after that you will all witness DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS in GRAND fashion.
I highly doubt he will finish the season as the starter...................
Who do you think is Dak Marino?
Have you been watching the last 8 years or better yet the last 4 years?
Anyone remember what the Jones witnessed on the field vs the NINERS and PACKERS?
ANYONE????????????????????
Jones are goofball but even Forest Gump wouldn't give inepto Prescott another massive deal