What would it do to Lance if Dak were given a new deal?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
LOL....Ok bud to each his own but he better be extended before kick-off cause after that you will all witness DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS in GRAND fashion.
I highly doubt he will finish the season as the starter...................
Who do you think is Dak Marino?
Have you been watching the last 8 years or better yet the last 4 years?
Anyone remember what the Jones witnessed on the field vs the NINERS and PACKERS?
ANYONE????????????????????
Jones are goofball but even Forest Gump wouldn't give inepto Prescott another massive deal
calm down and get some coffee, i'm no dak hater, but I am ready for him to move on, i'm on your side my friend just looking at things in jerry's way. I feel like he's playing a game with us. Don't posture up and be tough and wait all this time, ONLY to feel backed in a corner at the last minute and give him what he wants, that's dumb as hell. Maybe that's why we're not getting free agents so we can throw the max at him!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
calm down and get some coffee, i'm no dak hater, but I am ready for him to move on, i'm on your side my friend just looking at things in jerry's way. I feel like he's playing a game with us. Don't posture up and be tough and wait all this time, ONLY to feel backed in a corner at the last minute and give him what he wants, that's dumb as hell. Maybe that's why we're not getting free agents so we can throw the max at him!
Sick and tired of certain folks in these lovely forums selling crap for gold.
This whole team has been sacrificed for 8 years to carry this bum.
If I'm wrong so be it not going to lose any sleep over it.
Just giving my opinion that even the worst GM in the NFL (Jerry) after we all have witnessed is going to bite the cap bullet and say goodbye to Prestrash at the end of the season.
Please let him play as this team is not motivated to give 100 % for him and with lesser talent the laughter will reach new Dak levels.
Please don't use the word HATE word not from my side just the simple criticism of how this cog in the machine is holding us back from greater glories!

Flamma

Reaction score
what does this mean? plenty of players under contract demand trades
You're not talking about this year, right? Everyone knows Dak is starting this year. Lance isn't under contract in 2025. Free Agents don't ask for trades.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Sick and tired of certain folks in these lovely forums selling crap for gold.
This whole team has been sacrificed for 8 years to carry this bum.
If I'm wrong so be it not going to lose any sleep over it.
Just giving my opinion that even the worst GM in the NFL (Jerry) after we all have witnessed is going to bite the cap bullet and say goodbye to Prestrash at the end of the season.
Please let him play as this team is not motivated to give 100 % for him and with lesser talent the laughter will reach new Dak levels.
Please don't use the word HATE word not from my side just the simple criticism of how this cog in the machine is holding us back from greater glories!
Never said you were anything of hate, you're feelings however stronger or whatever they are yours, no disrespect to that. It has been 8 long years, I mean what else is there to see. It's not like he's in year 4 and we're like uhhh ok let's see he'll be fine, NO it's been 8 years!!!! Other teams around this league would have been said bye by now. I'm just saying we have guys that are tied to their emotions with certain players, maybe there's actually some OTHERS in the organization that are really pushing this that it's time to move on, if so great! In essence we always hear the truth AFTER the situation is over! lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You're not talking about this year, right? Everyone knows Dak is starting this year. Lance isn't under contract in 2025. Free Agents don't ask for trades.
who doesn't know that, of course i'd be talking about this year lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What would it do to Lance if Dak were given a new deal?​

Answer: The same thing that is happening to him before any new deal.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LOL....Ok bud to each his own but he better be extended before kick-off cause after that you will all witness DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS in GRAND fashion.
I highly doubt he will finish the season as the starter...................
Who do you think is Dak Marino?
Have you been watching the last 8 years or better yet the last 4 years?
Anyone remember what the Jones witnessed on the field vs the NINERS and PACKERS?
ANYONE????????????????????
Jones are goofball but even Forest Gump wouldn't give inepto Prescott another massive deal
I hear you loud and clear, and I agree. But the problem is Jerry........ no one can trust what that idiot is thinking. I would not be surprised if that dumb arse gave Dak the highest contract in NFL history and extended him another 6 years. I hope not, but it would be a very 'Jerry' thing to do. Meanwhile, Dak will be surrounded by players that wouldn't even make the practice squad on most teams, and Dallas will have to do that because of yet another dumb contract handed out to a mediocre QB.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I hear you loud and clear, and I agree. But the problem is Jerry........ no one can trust what that idiot is thinking. I would not be surprised if that dumb arse gave Dak the highest contract in NFL history and extended him another 6 years. I hope not, but it would be a very 'Jerry' thing to do. Meanwhile, Dak will be surrounded by players that wouldn't even make the practice squad on most teams, and Dallas might have to do that because of yet another dumb contract handed out to a mediocre QB.
That's all i'm trying to say to him, you CAN'T trust jerry at all!!!! Starts getting all emotional thinking about 2016 and stuff, gives him a 6 year deal like what the hell!!!??

Second hand if he's surrounded with practice squad players, maybe he'd have success, we all know he's had PLENTY OF GOOD wr's to throw to and hasn't had any success (Dez, Witten, Cooper, Ceedee etc etc)

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you loud and clear, and I agree. But the problem is Jerry........ no one can trust what that idiot is thinking. I would not be surprised if that dumb arse gave Dak the highest contract in NFL history and extended him another 6 years. I hope not, but it would be a very 'Jerry' thing to do. Meanwhile, Dak will be surrounded by players that wouldn't even make the practice squad on most teams, and Dallas might have to do that because of yet another dumb contract handed out to a mediocre QB.
I agree let's just say that at this point Prescott has been so inept that even Jerry has decided to finally give up on his Dak project.
Time will tell.............

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
his previous team did he have a better chance of competing for a starting position vs the team he's currently on??
Trey Lance started two games in 2021 and two games in 2022 for the 49ers. What are you talking about?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
To know that they gave up a 4th round pick for him, somewhere there had to be some kind of mention that he'd have a potential to earn playing time. If they ended up extending Dak, what does Lance do accept being the backup, or demand a trade??

I know we're talking about the same things, please don't be rude about it and stay on topic!
nothing. let him play the pre-season and see what he has. if he demands something, giggle and worry about it then.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I agree let's just say that at this point Prescott has been so inept that even Jerry has decided to finally give up on his Dak project.
Time will tell.............
I will believe Jerry has given up on Dak when I see it. He can't see past Dak's ability to handle poor defenses. Hell, even Ryan Leaf or Johnny Football, all-time NFL busts, would have been able to beat up on the crap teams Dak beats up on, yet somehow this ability makes Dak so much better? Bull shirt.... Jerry is a flippin' jack ace if he keeps Dak, but I am convinced that's exactly what he is going to do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
nothing. let him play the pre-season and see what he has. if he demands something, giggle and worry about it then.
I think many of us hope it's enough to show them that the starter can be replaced

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Trey Lance started two games in 2021 and two games in 2022 for the 49ers. What are you talking about?
that's not what i'm talking about at all, you're spinning everything I say just to have an argument, have a great day!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry really wants his pound of flesh he would wait till after the Draft and then make Prestrash a post-June 1st cut.
Let's see how many teams he can find to pay him 50+ million then??????????? :muttley:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If Jerry really wants his pound of flesh he would wait till after the Draft and then make Prestrash a post-June 1st cut.
Let's see how many teams he can find to pay him 50+ million then??????????? :muttley:
You're a funny man!!! I keep saying to myself if we draft one that would be so funny, but I dont' think we'll get one too high with Lance being here

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's not what i'm talking about at all, you're spinning everything I say just to have an argument, have a great day!
Take a breath. Type what you mean. You previously asked:

his previous team did he have a better chance of competing for a starting position vs the team he's currently on??
My answer highlighted Trey Lance competed and won a starting position before he was traded to Dallas. Additionally, San Francisco initially drafted Lance to be its franchise quarterback.

Conversely after the trade to Dallas, Lance is backup to the backup quarterback Cooper Rush. He should receive an excellent opportunity to become the backup quarterback in training camp and preseason though competition and Jerry Jones' backing. However, Lance's opportunity for competing against and unseating a healthy Dak Prescott in 2024 is realistically low.

In summary, Lance had a better chance of competing for a starting position as a 49er (because he actually won the starting position) than he currently does as a Cowboy. That is not spin. That is reality.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know we're talking about the same things, please don't be rude about it and stay on topic!
please don't be rude and start the same threads over and over again. Why stay on a topic that has been discussed already. Haven't we given you enough thoughts?
Lance will get paid this year and IF, Dak is extended, he will be traded if and when there is a market. If there is no market, he'll become a FA. OK, now move on.