What would it take to get Leinart or Young?

Reaction score
neither are franchise quarterbacks
maybe tom brady quinn is..but what are the chances of us actually landing him

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Next to none. I'm a notre dame fan, I see him each week. He's a #1 pick next year most likely. He'd be top 10-15 this year. ESPN has him ranked 7th out of their top 32

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
with this line it wouldnt matter.
We got to go nuts on o line this year, in FA and the draft
Give us an average line and were a superbowl type team

joe_cowboy

Reaction score
jr40usa said:
Forget the QB give mr Reggie Bush.

Now your talking! Bush is going to be special, Leinart does not have good accuracy. I would mortgage this draft to get Bush, as I think he WILL be awesome at the NFL level.

I know it will never happen (unless Jerry somehow just takes over the draft), but man, that would be sweet! He would make our O much better all by himself...

I forgot where I heard it, but he is like Barry, but can get yards between the tackles when it counts!

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Give me Jay Cutler. Saw him play a few times this year and he's impressive. 6'3", strong arm, decent mobility, smarts....everything you look for. He threw for over 3,000 yards 21 td's and 9 picks playing for lowly Vandy against some good competition in the SEC.

I'm hearing he could slip into the first round of the draft if he has a good Senior Bowl week. We would have a legit shot at drafting him since we will probably be in the 20's. Leinart and Young will be top 5 and we have no realistic shot at them. The cost to trade up would be astronomical.

BHendri5

Reaction score
I want Brady Quinn, He is the most complete College QB, that will be coming out this year or next.

I would take some other QBs before Lienart, but I would take Leinart before I would take Young.
Do not want Young as a Cowboy unless we take him as a WR.
Someone posted that Young reads defenses, that is a joke right?
He does not know about reading defenses. USC will mess him up with the NFL schemes that they use.

Young is a phenominal talent, a playmaker, but his game will not translate into the NFL as a QB.

He is nothing like Vick, Vick is more accurate, not that that is saying much. Vick is faster and quicker, has a better arm.

Someone said Yong forces balls in? I have watched the guy since he has been here and I have yet to see him hit a receiver with tight coverage, he cannot do it right now.

I'll say this, Young needs to come back and work on all those things that will make him a complete QB, NFL wise, if he can do that then he'll definitely change my tune a sfar as QBing.

The scouts will pick him apart at a combine, I know he cannot make all the throws, not right now, but with some hard work during the offseason and another college season, he can be ready.

The originator of this thread should have picked some other two QBs or another QB to go along with Leinart.

I'm not hating on Young, I like him and the Horns, they are not my favorite college football team, (me being a natural born Texan).

It's fans around here in Austin that almost make you want to go against the Horns, they are blinded by the burnt orange.

Other places here in Texas fans are not like right here in Austin, they like the Horns but they aren not fanatics. They see things more objectively, but here in Austin you might get a fight if you say something negative about the Horns.

One guy tried to fight my Pastor for a comment he made about the Horns.
I was toaking to a fellow church member who happens to be a coach, and he was saying that the Horns will get a real eye opener in the game on the 4th.

Naruto

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
College life is great, but making money feels good.

He's playing for College Football immortality with a possible 3rd national championship in a row and back to back Heismans(long shot right now). Who the hell would pass that up to play for the stinkin 49ers?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Naruto said:
He's playing for College Football immortality with a possible 3rd national championship in a row and back to back Heismans(long shot right now). Who the hell would pass that up to play for the stinkin 49ers?

Don't they already have their quarterback? I think a lot of teams have picked up a good quarterback in the last 5 years or so, and they've invested quite a bit in those first rounders. Having a decent QB fall on draft day is not THAT far fetched. Either that, or a team unloads their starting QB in favor of the new guy. It might happen in SD.

thewivil

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Don't they already have their quarterback? I think a lot of teams have picked up a good quarterback in the last 5 years or so, and they've invested quite a bit in those first rounders. Having a decent QB fall on draft day is not THAT far fetched. Either that, or a team unloads their starting QB in favor of the new guy. It might happen in SD.

He meant that had Leinart came out last year, he would have been drafted by the 49ers.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Naruto said:

:jackpot: :jackpot: :jackpot:

I'd trade Heismans and national championships all day long for the kind of jack that these guys make.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I'm waiting for a chance to lock in a long term QB for Dallas. I know that Parcells is unlikely to start with a young kid next year, and I know Young SAID he's not declaring for the draft this year.

If we could get someone with promise, like Leinart or Young, would it be worth, say, 2 first rounders? If Young is the next Michael Vick, is that where we want to go? There's always controversy about a running QB.

That being said, is Leinart the way to go? Will he stand up to the pressure of an NFL defense? Pete Carroll was not a great success in the NFL.

I'm a bit impatient, but I want to see the Cowboys take it to the next level. Bledsoe's ability to improve by leaps and bounds is nil. His ability is offset somewhat by 4 or 5 errant throws per game. Gets on my nerves.

Early in the year-Bledsoe was beaten up and smacked around by SD and SF, but still managed to light it up. In the Oakland game, despite heavier pressure, he did make some plays(and less errant throws).

Dunno what happened to him lately-sure, the OL hasn't play great, but there were times he HAS had time, and his throws weren't anything but that.

Forget Leinhart-Tony Romo is just fine for us. This guy is the anti-Bledsoe, to say the least.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Quinn will be staying for another year of Charlie Weis coaching- then he will almost certainly be the #1 pick for 2007. Gonna need some serious picks to move up for that- so not likely. Leinart stank the place up vs UCLA. Had all the time in the world and could not hit anyone for most of the first half. Bush was insane and carried that team. Young is NOT NFL ready, and doubtfull he ever will be. Leinart looks to me to be a Ryan Leaf clone with a better attitude.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't think Leinart will be as good as Palmer. I project him as a bust. That is easy to do because the odds of becoming a bust are better than becoming a great player for a 1st round pick. Actually, he may be a decent NFL QB, but I just don't see him fulfilling the expectations of a top ten pick.

Also, does he seem to limp around a lot? I think every game I have watched him, he gets hit and kind of just walks around as if his bell was rung or that he tweaked a knee or something.

kartr

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
***? Leinart is mentally gifted and has arm strength? Have you ever watched him play?

First off, Leinart does not have an arm strength worthy of a first round pick. Just watch some USC games and you will see.

Second of all, Leinart can't be that smart. He stays at USC for another year because Norm Chow was supposed to be there, then gets upset when Norm leaves for the NFL. Leinart should have left for the NFL last year when he was a sure lock for the #1 pick.

College life is great, but making money feels good.

Exactly. Palmer is a much better athlete than Leinart. Teams like the Giants and Bears and Panthers would eat him alive with their pass rush. Young and Jacobs have the mobility to avoid the rush and throw. Young has better overall tools than Vick and experience and Jacobs has Leinart accuracy and decision-making with mobility.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I DO NOT want Young, however, Leinert/Quinn would work out just fine!