What would it take to get Leinart or Young?

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
First off, Leinart does not have an arm strength worthy of a first round pick. Just watch some USC games and you will see.

Leinart should have left for the NFL last year when he was a sure lock for the #1 pick.

Flip.

Flop.

btcutter

Reaction score
joe_cowboy said:
Now your talking! Bush is going to be special, Leinart does not have good accuracy. I would mortgage this draft to get Bush, as I think he WILL be awesome at the NFL level.

I know it will never happen (unless Jerry somehow just takes over the draft), but man, that would be sweet! He would make our O much better all by himself...

I forgot where I heard it, but he is like Barry, but can get yards between the tackles when it counts!

Bush maybe special but behind this Oline, he ain't going anywhere. :D

fortdick

Reaction score
The best passer available right now is Drew Olson at UCLA. He didn't look so hot against SC, but who would? He will be available in the mid to late first round. UCLA QB's have done alright for us!

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
My 2 cents.

Taking a QB next year does us no good. Not too mention I believe Leinart and Young to be highly overrated. Continue to upgarde at LB/O-line/FS. This would slow down the progression of our team.

Get your franchise QB in 2 years. I am fine with Quinn as suggested by others.

btcutter

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Quinn will be staying for another year of Charlie Weis coaching- then he will almost certainly be the #1 pick for 2007. Gonna need some serious picks to move up for that- so not likely. Leinart stank the place up vs UCLA. Had all the time in the world and could not hit anyone for most of the first half. Bush was insane and carried that team. Young is NOT NFL ready, and doubtfull he ever will be. Leinart looks to me to be a Ryan Leaf clone with a better attitude.

If Quinn stays in school, I would trade out of 1st round this yr for someones 1st rounder next yr. Keep accumulate ammo and give myself a chance to get Quinn next yr.

joseephuss

Reaction score
fortdick said:
The best passer available right now is Drew Olson at UCLA. He didn't look so hot against SC, but who would? He will be available in the mid to late first round. UCLA QB's have done alright for us!

A few QBs have had good days against USC the last couple of years. It wasn't surprising that USC blew them out, but most expected a little more from Olson and the Bruin's offense.

Hiero

Reaction score
I am not sure about Leinart or Young, but I'd give up two 1st's for Quinn. I would love to see us take a chance on a young QB this year sometime. Bruce Gradkowski or Drew Olsen because Henson is never gonna doanything, and neither is Romo, lets get a young guy with a real future, who is a football player not a baseball player.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
instead of packaging picks and mortgaging the farm to chase leinart or v. young... i'd rather keep the picks and spend some of them on guys who protected them: OLs will allen, jonathan scott, taitusi lutui....

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
mullet said:
the cowboys don't need to load up on draft picks anymore. they are in position, with the young defensive talent on board, to trade up. package all the picks necessary to take the QB of the future - whoever they like - just do it. it will take a bevy of picks, but that is ok. what I worry about is two ships passing in the night - this young defense being wasted by year after year of sub-par offense. do something now to avoid that fate.
(and I have seen enough of bledsoe).

There are now two votes on this thought.

kartr

Reaction score
fortdick said:

Paul Pinegar looked better against USC than Olsen, even with all the ints.
Vince Young has no special WRs or Rbs and has carried the team by himself, something that Brady Quinn and Leinart don't have to do.

Hiero

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
instead of packaging picks and mortgaging the farm to chase leinart or v. young... i'd rather keep the picks and spend some of them on guys who protected them: OLs will allen, jonathan scott, taitusi lutui....
Jon Scott in the second would be sweet, I dont think he will fall to us but maybe depending how badly we play :banghead: Lutui is another good choice, i'd like him in the 3rd as Rivera's replacement.

kartr

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
My 2 cents.

Taking a QB next year does us no good. Not too mention I believe Leinart and Young to be highly overrated. Continue to upgarde at LB/O-line/FS. This would slow down the progression of our team.

Get your franchise QB in 2 years. I am fine with Quinn as suggested by others.

Brady Quinn's only had 1 good year. You talk as if other teams will just stand around and let us have Brady Quinn. We need a qb now and there will be plenty in this years draft. We need to have him ready when Bledsoe's contract is up. Drafting O. Jacobs want cost us as much and is probably better than both Leinart and Young. If we wait on Quinn and somebody else beats us to him, we'll have nothing.

Hiero

Reaction score
kartr said:
Vince Young has no special WRs or Rbs and has carried the team by himself, something that Brady Quinn and Leinart don't have to do.
Fresno State Qb is damn good I wouldnt mind taking a shot at him in the later rounds. Same with their WR.

joseephuss

Reaction score
kartr said:

Just because they don't have the big names doesn't mean they aren't special. Jamall Charles and Ramonce Taylor are special running backs at Texas.

Hiero

Reaction score
Young in Dallas would be the perfect situation. He can be the bus driver and playmaker the cowboys need. He would just need a year on the bench to fix his mechanics. Young could lead us to the playoffs Parcells just needs to coach him to not turn it over and he would be perfect for us. a first down TD scoring machine that would help our offense with his running ability whenthe play breaks down or there is nowhere to go Young can get the tough 1st down and is unstoppable in the red zone exactly what we need. I wouldnt mind giving up a lot to get a shot at Young I think he is gonna be special, and we gotta plan ahead for once in our lives.

kartr

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Just because they don't have the big names doesn't mean they aren't special. Jamall Charles and Ramonce Taylor are special running backs at Texas.

I'm not saying they're not any good, I'm saying that Bush is a legit heisman candidate now and Leinart has an advantage in having more talent around him than Vince. That's what i find so impressive him, he's the only 'real star' on offense. Now, some of the WR's or Rb's could become so later, but again, I talking about now.

kartr

Reaction score
Hiero said:
Fresno State Qb is damn good I wouldnt mind taking a shot at him in the later rounds. Same with their WR.

He's talented, but scares me with all the dumb ints. Jacobs would be better because he combines accuracy,athleticism and decision-making all in one. All of the other qbs have major questions, such as mobility, accuracy and decision-making. Brady Quinn hasn't shown enough yet. Having just one good year is not enough for me.

Hiero

Reaction score
kartr said:
He's talented, but scares me with all the dumb ints. Jacobs would be better because he combines accuracy,athleticism and decision-making all in one. All of the other qbs have major questions, such as mobility, accuracy and decision-making. Brady Quinn hasn't shown enough yet. Having just one good year is not enough for me.
I am not even sure Jacobs is coming out, he's been injured all year. I agree the TD int ratio he had was outrageous, but I am not sure if thats the system or him, but ya I agree he has a ton of potential. 6'4 big strong fast and an incredible TD/INT ratio, I am not sure you can ask for much more than that. Especially if we dont have to trade up for a guy.