What would you give up for Wilson?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd tag Dak and I'd be willing to trade him, this years 1 and Gallup or a 2 next year for him. I just think there are only a handful of truly special QB's out there and he's one of them. Honestly, I doubt that will be enough to get him. I mean a stiff like Stafford got more than this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke to Hawks?
Prescott 6-20 against teams with winning records.
Wilson to Big D?

I disagree with them.

Is Wilson better than Dak? Of course.. But.. This is a lateral move for Wilson. Not much changes for him or us.

Now maybe in 2 or 3 years that changes but he doesn't change 2021 season for us. Our ceiling is a wildcard win at best with or without Wilson.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would take Dak and his agent agreeing to the terms - but could you not use the transition tag on Dak and let Seattle set the terms of a new deal which Dallas would refuse to match.

Thus it could be:

Dallas gets Wilson

Seattle gets Dak on a new deal w/ lower initial cap hit and lets say next years 1st.

Works out well for both teams, just not sure if it could work like that.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
I had a code come in and I dusted off my old decoder ring. I was excited for a minute but all it said was. "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" Crap!!

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
The "sweeten the deal" with a declining RB making a fortune is funny.

Come on.

Dallas would have to GIVE a pick to get rid of that contract. See Jared Goff.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Gotta say, the idea of getting Wilson is intriguing.

There's gotta be 6-8 very solid reasons and obstacles why it cant/won't happen.

What I DO know is that Jerry LOVES everyone taking about his 6-10 team in late February.

Not as good as winning of course, but Jerry doesn't appear to be capable of that...so let's drag out the drama to the maximum.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta say, the idea of getting Wilson is intriguing.

There's gotta be 6-8 very solid reasons and obstacles why it cant/won't happen.

What I DO know is that Jerry LOVES everyone taking about his 6-10 team in late February.

Not as good as winning of course, but Jerry doesn't appear to be capable of that...so let's drag out the drama to the maximum.

Yep...extremely intriguing! I think it would bring a bit more craftiness and subterfuge to the offense. Doe sit NEED it? Hmmmm I dunno. Interesting.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke.
And, maybe, a third.
That's it.
Love Wilson, but he's not winning anything without a good defense.

Illiniferret

Reaction score
Nothing. It would be cheaper to sign Dak and we would still have draft picks to work on the defense. Wilson is better than Dak, but not enough to justify the trade cost. Only way I see a new QB in Dallas is if we have to end up putting the tag on him and are smart enough to use the non exclusive tag and use the picks to trade up to get a new QB on a rookie deal.

75boyz

Reaction score
Some would be willing to go back in time and lose those December games lol.

Those were the best of times. And I would be one of those some you referred to here. To Tank or not to Tank debates really exposed a large majority of deep thinkers here. Captain Crash explained it about a billion times so that basic kindergarten level understanding could be grasped but the outcome was still very Zone predictable.
So let me see, as it stands right this very second, scratching my head.
This exact scenario was alluded to as well...
Would I rather pick 10th, or gosh, I dunno, you mean, I could pick higher?

Zone response: " Its Jerry anyway, he'd just mess it up(not choose the right guy)"

Priceless. Almost as good as the current HOF QB debates.

Go Cowboys, lol

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
What's the best offer you'd send to the Seahawks.

I like Dak a lot, but Wilson is a natural born winner. I'd give up the house for him. He can carry this team with a solid oline, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb.

1st round
3rd round

1st round
3rd round

2nd round
if the argument is signing Dak to a bunch of money prevents paying for help elsewhere, this is almost as bad you gut your draft for almost 3 years.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What's the best offer you'd send to the Seahawks.

I like Dak a lot, but Wilson is a natural born winner. I'd give up the house for him. He can carry this team with a solid oline, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb.

1st round
3rd round

1st round
3rd round

2nd round
I think Russ is better then Dak but not enough for me to ignore the age difference and the fact that by the end of the year teams seem to figure him out. The reality is the Seahawks want 3 first round picks for Russ so I would stick with Dak. If we could do a straight up sign and trade with no picks involved, sign me up.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Picks don't mean as much to me as they might if we had a competent FO.