What would you pay Pollard?

CCBoy

Reaction score
And in that, they made the right call. Murray had 2 bad seasons and 1 good season in his next 3 years, and then he was done.

In 2014, we gave him 449 touches, and we could see his productivity drop throughout the year.
There was no surprise that he didn't have much left. The bigger surprise was the one good season he still managed to squeeze out.

They shouldn't do Pollard that way, and I doubt they plan to. Even if they plan on letting him go after this year, it's better if they leave something in his tank for the playoffs.

Would have been better in 2014 with Murray too. A little more juice left, and maybe he zips past the fumble strip. Game of inches.
Reducing pounding runs will help all and make the positional group way attractive from the start.

Bing

Reaction score
Really ?.... what is going on as right now in mere OTA's where they suddenly see that now ..? :huh:
Because they are now stuck paying him 10 million dollars this year. Any chance of signing him to a multi year contract is now long gone unless they do something even more stupid and sign him to a large multi year contract before the deadline in July. You dont actually think Pollard is going to give up a guaranteed 10 million for one year to sign a multiyear deal for what maybe 12-15. Nope he plays on the tag this year and after he gets his 10 million then he will think about next year and beyond.

Dallas easily could of not tagged him, let him test the market which is flat for running backs and then if they wanted him over the other available running backs still hoping to sign somewhere a multiyear deal could of been signed I'm sure for much cheaper. I guess the Jones family didnt learn one thing about the Zeke deal. It seems to be so easy for players to screw them over..dont get me wrong it's a win, win, win in my book... I'm thrilled for the players getting paid, I'm thrilled because it makes JJ look like a total fool which in turn makes me happy as a fan.

quickccc

Reaction score
Because they are now stuck paying him 10 million dollars this year. Any chance of signing him to a multi year contract is now long gone unless they do something even more stupid and sign him to a large multi year contract before the deadline in July. You dont actually think Pollard is going to give up a guaranteed 10 million for one year to sign a multiyear deal for what maybe 12-15. Nope he plays on the tag this year and after he gets his 10 million then he will think about next year and beyond.

Dallas easily could of not tagged him, let him test the market which is flat for running backs and then if they wanted him over the other available running backs still hoping to sign somewhere a multiyear deal could of been signed I'm sure for much cheaper. I guess the Jones family didnt learn one thing about the Zeke deal. It seems to be so easy for players to screw them over..dont get me wrong it's a win, win, win in my book... I'm thrilled for the players getting paid, I'm thrilled because it makes JJ look like a total fool which in turn makes me happy as a fan.
Stuck ?
You don't think a guy that was voted to the Pro Bowl as one of the new, emerging dynamic big play making RBs in the NFL is Not warranted of a 10 million dollar tag ?

And the deadline for a re-signing Pollard to a long term deal (as for as year 2023) is July 17th i believe ..

if Pollard does not sign for a long term deal , he plays for the 10 million franchise tag.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think Pollard is going to get paid unless he accepts a reasonable deal. The Cowboys are going to make him play under the franchise tag this season to make sure he’s still the same player after the injury. Even if he were to have a big season, I think the Cowboys are going to let him test free agency. I think they’re done paying big contracts to RBs. They got burned pretty good by Zeke’s extension.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t think Pollard is going to get paid unless he accepts a reasonable deal. The Cowboys are going to make him play under the franchise tag this season to make sure he’s still the same player after the injury. Even if he were to have a big season, I think the Cowboys are going to let him test free agency. I think they’re done paying big contracts to RBs. They got burned pretty good by Zeke’s extension.
(sigh) .. here we go again ... :facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
(sigh) .. here we go again ... :facepalm:
So you’re saying you want to re-sign him before you get to see if he returns to form after the injury? Doesn’t make much sense to me. We re-signed Dez after his injury, and he never returned to the player he was. We re-signed Gallop after his ACL and he wasn’t the same player last season. The Cowboys would be taking a big gamble re-signing an RB who fractured their fibula and underwent ankle surgery. We have him for this season let’s see how he plays.

quickccc

Reaction score
So you’re saying you want to re-sign him before you get to see if he returns to form after the injury? Doesn’t make much sense to me. We re-signed Dez after his injury, and he never returned to the player he was. We re-signed Gallop after his ACL and he wasn’t the same player last season. The Cowboys would be taking a big gamble re-signing an RB who fractured their fibula and underwent ankle surgery. We have him for this season let’s see how he plays.
Because you'll continue to see it as an ACL or achilles tendon ... .. but i've already been all of this hoopla panic holla up and down. left and right ...
You have fun with it at your disposal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because you'll continue to see it as an ACL or achilles tendon ... .. but i've already been all of this hoopla panic holla up and down. left and right ...
You have fun with it at your disposal.
I asked you a question, are you okay re-signing him even though you haven’t seen him perform in a game after the injury? We have him locked up for the season, why not watch him play first before committing to him?