What would you pay Pollard?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think you need to be prepared to let Pollard walk after this season. I would offer him something very similar to what Miles Sanders got this offseason, but really wouldn't be open to much negotiation. Sanders got a pretty reasonable 4 year deal, cap hits of $3M, $8M, and then an easy out for the team after that. The RB market overall this offseason was a flop for the players. I can't see that changing much next year.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It all depends on the season he has, but one thing is clear most of these RBs aren't making it more than a couple years on their 2nd contract before being cut. Honestly, I would franchise tag him again let him make 12 million that season and actively look at drafting an RB.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....
I wouldn't resign him next year. He's gonna take a beating as lead back and his skills will diminish. Let him walk and draft a back. Zeke was a much better back in his prime and we paid the price. Don't go down that road again, unless he's willing to take a very team friendly deal.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Pollard has very low mileage on his legs compared to Zeke at the same point. He is worth 6-7-8 million a year because he’s not just a RB; he’s a home run hitter capable of scoring on any touch at any spot on the field. The key isn’t how much you pay him, but the length of the contract. 2-3 years is a solid investment. More than 3 years is a huge mistake.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You’re just another fan that doesn’t want to pay anyone. Give it a rest on these threads. :rolleyes:

FVSTONE

Reaction score

He's good, but he's not worth zek money.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
In today's NFL, you just don't give a second or long term deals to running backs, it's either a two or three year deal at 5-6 mil a year at the most.....Long gone are the days of a Walter Payton or an Emmitt Smith playing ten years plus for a team...I've said it when Zeke was drafted and I'll say it again, you don't select a running back in the first round anymore especially in the top ten, it's just not a high priority position in today's NFL....you can get good running backs in the third round on...

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I’d do 3 for 18 mostly guaranteed. But why would he do it if getting 10 for 1 year. Dumb to tag him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would pay him the cab fare to the airport. Not worth a huge contract.
I mean I see it here all the time....DO NOT PAY RB's.
Yep…

I was hyping Pollard up before everyone and even I know you can’t pay the guy unless he has a contract you can just get rid of with no cap damage.

RB is just not the same position as it was in the 90s.

You don’t pay RBs for what they did. You pay them for what they can do going forward.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep…

I was hyping Pollard up before everyone and even I know you can’t pay the guy unless he has a contract you can just get rid of with no cap damage.

RB is just not the same position as it was in the 90s.

You don’t pay RBs for what they did. You pay them for what they can do going forward.
This IMO is where the confusion comes.........yea, their value at the table is crashing but let's not undermine the importance of their impact on the field. If you didn't know better, you think some are saying you don't need them to win games and that's just not true. Hell, I would argue, give me Cook or Derrick Henry with Pollard, we are a legit Super Bowl contender.

JBS

Reaction score
I would pay him the cab fare to the airport. Not worth a huge contract.
I mean I see it here all the time....DO NOT PAY RB's.
tell us you have no ability to think outside the box without telling us