What would you pay Pollard?

Toro9

Reaction score
I don't expect to see him having a 1300 yd/10 TD; 40 catch season. He's not the Superman we think he is. He's better than Randle though. Good move by the FO to franchise him. Draft a dude in the 3rd
I'm drunk.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would pay him the cab fare to the airport. Not worth a huge contract.
I mean I see it here all the time....DO NOT PAY RB's.
I'm fine paying an elite RB *one year at a time*, and *before* they show signs of slowing down.

Pollard would have been worth franchise money last year. Probably will be this year.

For context, both Gallup and Schultz made more last year than Pollard will make this year. Pollard was worth more than *both* those guys *combined* last year. People are just way undervaluing what an elite RB brings to the table.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't expect to see him having a 1300 yd/10 TD; 40 catch season. He's not the Superman we think he is. He's better than Randle though. Good move by the FO to franchise him. Draft a dude in the 3rd
I'm drunk.
Shoulda drafted drafted a full sized RB this year with the potential to replace Pollard next year.

Toro9

Reaction score
Shoulda drafted drafted a full sized RB this year with the potential to replace Pollard next year.
Maybe. Didn't. It ain't my life. It's just something I distract myself with. From what? This agonizing "love"we call life.

plasticman

Reaction score
Heh, heh....it depends on "how he does this season"?

Okay, so let's say Pollard brings in 1800 yards and 20 TD's in 2023. He's the league's MVP

Not, what do you pay him........Do you pay him?

Because, of course, it's that great offensive line. We can pick up a rookie in the 4th round of next year's draft and he'll do a great job. Perhaps Pollard left too much meat on the bone, after all.

They didn't keep the guy who reset the single season rushing record in franchise history, did they?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You’re just another fan that doesn’t want to pay anyone. Give it a rest on these threads. :rolleyes:
Lol so you want to over spend on a RB, you just wanted a reason to say something like this

starfan1

Reaction score
He don’t have a ton of mileage on him he isn’t zeke.
He’s a better runner but we will see what his status is at end of year
If he is looking like pre San Fran productive still I would consider throwing him a team friendly deal less than what he’s making on the tag but beyond OL I am making RB a top priority in draft

If he’s looking for a pay day someone else needs to give it to him

Flamma

Reaction score
He's currently making 10 as he has the tag. If we resign him, he's surely not getting that every year, unless he has a SUPER season.

With that said, I'm starting his offer off at about 6-7 million a year, for 3 years. 15 guaranteed? Or is that too much, please give me your thoughts....
I don't think the Cowboys keep him. His market value is around 9M. He'll probably end up making less, but he'll expect that from the Cowboys, and make less on another team. That's what happens to a lot of players. It works really well with QBs, not so much at other positions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine paying an elite RB *one year at a time*, and *before* they show signs of slowing down.

Pollard would have been worth franchise money last year. Probably will be this year.

For context, both Gallup and Schultz made more last year than Pollard will make this year. Pollard was worth more than *both* those guys *combined* last year. People are just way undervaluing what an elite RB brings to the table.
Tell that to the Zeke haters, who turned on him in the blink of an eye.
Same thing will happen to Pollard also.

Wait until he is injured, and see how they feel about that $10 million.

I will not call Pollard elite at all. Let's see what he does as the full time RB. If he can handle the load.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't. Let him walk and take the comp pick while drafting his replacement. Pollard might have 1-2 good/decent years left before he falls off or he takes a beating and becomes the tyron smith good when healthy but will miss games due to injury type.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Sure, let's throw out a top of the NFL producer and dream of a 'great star.' You bet, that's the ticket...
LOL....that is the ticket for smart NFL teams. Or haven't you been paying attention?

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I'd have paid him last year, and saved some cap. I can't understand why they waited. For as much as we do manage to get right, our timing on re-signs is putrid.
I've read articles that said pollards injury could be "career threating" to the other extreme "won't impact" future ability. Not signing him may be the best case scenario for dallas. If he has a great year, you can franchise him again (I think it would be around 11.3 million) and try to work out a long term deal. If he doesn't look like the same player, don't resign him or possibly get him on a cheaper deal..

Reactions: CWR

mcmvp

Reaction score
I'd have paid him last year, and saved some cap. I can't understand why they waited. For as much as we do manage to get right, our timing on re-signs is putrid.
You act as if they had a choice. Players on rookie contracts cannot get extended until they have completed three years of play. He is not eligible for an extension until after this season.

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Never mind… disregard previous post. I got confused with the Parsons topic. It’s Micah that has to wait one more season before getting extended

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol so you want to over spend on a RB, you just wanted a reason to say something like this
Where did I say I wanted to overspend on an RB? You must have me confused with someone else. That’s the last position I want to spend a lot of money on.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im paying him by giving him every touch he can handle this year to show the next team how good he is and how much THEY should pay him on a long term deal..then I'm gonna draft a couple more RB's for next year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL....that is the ticket for smart NFL teams. Or haven't you been paying attention?
That as a base level principal just doesn't sit...these are men and not Madden simulations. The media is taking care of the real monies.

Attention, or a naive stereotype? His money now was paid for by the Ellis contract release. Next year make a decision on this year's success or not...not short sighted book keeping.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Im paying him by giving him every touch he can handle this year to show the next team how good he is and how much THEY should pay him on a long term deal..then I'm gonna draft a couple more RB's for next year.
You don't scheme to test a single player. Limited his carries and expand his explosiveness!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Besides if i need another back for pass blocking and one for short yardage and one snowy weather and one for rainy weather.. how do we pay them all?